Knott's Scary Farm 2024 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not AI, those Knott's designers are pros and still do all that themselves. I love the New England fable vibes of Eight Fingers Nine, hoping that it's as grisly as they promised. But personally I'm more excited for Widows, I like the multi-concept of nursing home infested by elderly spider meat puppets sounds really fun and disturbing and I know those actors are going to have the time of their lives.

With "Chilling Chambers" next door, I'd have almost liked to have seen Camp Snoopy become a cemetery, BUT .....Forsaken Lake already has that covered :lol:

The nothingness in Fiesta is sad after it got it's overhaul. I'd still love to see spooky projection mapping on Jaguar Temple.

On a completely unrelated note, I was going to do the $200 combo ticket (admission, express, food/drink) ...but maybe I should just do the Boo-fet for the early access instead. Thoughts?
Obviously its down to your preference, but I did the all inclusive ticket last year as I only had one night and really wanted to make sure everything got done since my only available night was a saturday, and it was probably easily the most chill saturday night I'e ever had at a haunt before. If youre going a Wednesday, Thursday, or Sunday I'm not sure if it would be as worthwhile, but if you only have one night for it and it has to be a Friday or a Saturday, I'd say its probably worth it. We walked around at a leisurely pace, had plenty of time to see every maze at least twice, didn't have to rush eating, got to spend a lot of time in the zones.
I will say though if you know for a fact you want to eat while youre at the event, definitely check the tasting card on the website first, the selection is pretty limited so theres a good chance that could be a dealbreaker if theres nothing that sounds good.

Reactions: Jake S and Wesker69
I did the all inclusive ticket last year as I only had one night and really wanted to make sure everything got done since my only available night was a saturday, and it was probably easily the most chill saturday night I'e ever had at a haunt before. If youre going a Wednesday, Thursday, or Sunday I'm not sure if it would be as worthwhile
Yea my only 2 available nights are Sunday (22nd) or Thursday (26th). Back in 2019, I did boofet & express add-on, of course it was A LOT cheaper pre-apocalypse.

THANKS! Very helpful since its been forever being on the "guest side" o_O I might splurge for the Boo-fet just to get the early entry access. Ticket + Boofet = $120.

Reactions: Spookies n' Stuff
I was at the event last night, and overall it was a good time! Last year felt really rushed, but this year it felt like there was more time to breathe. We walked right into The Chilling Chambers and the Legacy Store, and even got to ride Silver Bullet and Ghostrider.

The live presentation started a little late which I expected, but they need to do something about the sound over there. If you were back by the Calico Mine Ride, you could barely hear what was going on especially during the video packages. I came home and actually put on the livestream only to find that somehow, that wasn't any better.

All in all, the two new mazes look really fun. I particularly looking forward to Widows, and the spider/convalescent home mash up seems to really freak everyone out. Obviously we knew Wax Works was having it's last year, but I was shocked to hear Bloodline would be leaving before something like Origins or Mesmer. That being said, I think it's the right call. If these two new mazes are a hit, we'll have an entirely new backstage area next year.
BOTH of the new mazes left me feeling "meh". I'll do them twice when I go. But spend more time elsewhere.

Knott's has this (ego) problem, considering 90% of what is on the line-up is returning, they could've been listed on the website without this "reveal event". Give us the "new" & "retiring" only to generate hype.

Another issue I do have is the lack of effort to tweak, enhance, change-up the returning mazes like they used to do in the past. It's disappointing. I'll be surprised if the "lights on tour" shows Chilling Chambers without the 50th branding.

After 51 years, Knotts should do better. I'll go, I'll have fun, but the hype just isn't there. Oh well, at we still have The Hanging (for now).

I'm going the 22nd or 26th. One of those will be a Fright Fest day.
Can confirm that The Chilling Chambers has removed it's 50th branding. I think there was only two spots that had it, but it has been updated. Dark Entities and The Depths have also been added to the graveyard.

I'm not sure I agree about having Knott's having an ego problem. I think they understand where they shine and lean into it. They always keep the same mazes around for a few years, and they've been doing a reveal event in some capacity since like...2013. I wish that things were updated a little more, or effects were always firing on all cylinders but I think they do a pretty good job year after year with all around offerings.

Reactions: Freak
Work the event. Then you'll understand :lol:

What you see as a guest is much different.
If what you’re referring to is strictly behind the scenes, letting us know would be helpful. Otherwise it sounds like you’re talking about the event the vast majority of us experience — the part of it that’s guest facing.

Reactions: Galactus