Kraken Unleashed | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Kraken Unleashed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How hot does it get when you're actually wearing the apparatus? I imagine a hot day in SeaWorld.. by the time you actually get to the ride, plus that helmet = sweatin unleashed.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Come on @Brian G. Give us a review :cheers:

Edit: The videos are looking a lot more professional now. Is this something you learned yourself or took a course on? Either way, the videos are looking great.

Reactions: Brian G.
Here is some info on how Spot Saver will Work on Kraken Unleashed:
SeaWorld Orlando introduces Spot Saver virtual queue with Kraken Unleashed
(Heads up: You have to be in the park to sign in to it and reserve)
SeaWorld Orlando is getting in the virtual queue game with Spot Saver, a new free reservation system they are introducing with the debut of Kraken Unleashed on June 16.

Virtual queues have been a hot topic this year, thanks to the new Virtual Line service used by Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon and Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando. Now, SeaWorld Orlando will have their own similar service in the form of Spot Saver, which goes online alongside the Kraken Unleashed VR roller coaster attraction.

Starting June 16, SeaWorld Orlando guests may access SpotSaver.com on their mobile device to make a free reservation for their party to ride Kraken Unleashed later in the day. You must be inside the park and have location services enabled in order to access the website.

Once a reservation has been made, guests can return to the attraction during the assigned time window and display the QR code on their smartphone screen to gain admittance. There will still be about a 20 minute wait before actually riding.

When the park opens for the day, Kraken Unleashed will operate with a standardy standby line. Once the wait builds to about 20 minutes, the standby queue will be cut off and Spot Saver will become available. If no more Spot Saver time slots are available for the day, you will be allowed to join a standby queue shortly before park closing.

Spot Saver will not replace the paid Quick Queue front-of-the-line service, which will be accessed using the Kraken Unleashed exit; users will enter through the main queue. According to Brian Morrow, SeaWorld’s VP of Theme Park Experience Design, if Spot Saver is successful it may spread to other park attractions.

Did the new Kraken yesterday and absolutely loved it. Image is really sharp and fits the ride. In general though, concerning VR, I can see some people getting a tad queasy because it is rather odd to not be able to see your own body, especially while still in the station it is weird, because you hear attendants talk etc. but can't see anything.

Anyway, when I arrived, slightly after opening, wait said 120 minutes, got a return time for 11h50. Everything else in the park was about zero wait, so that was perfect. While waiting for Mako I noticed I barely saw Kraken pass by, so I knew it probably was not running too good. And indeed, got in the actual queue at 11h48 and still had to wait 75 minutes. They were running two trains, but it seems one of them had technical difficulties, as they constantly ran it empty, between load and unload it was close to ten minutes between dispatches. There was a lot of technical personal there as well. After an hour in queue, the finally started loading the other train again, so I guess it had to be re-programmed or something, most of the technical personnel was from Full Sail btw. Finally got on the ride, luckily, since a few times they had announced the ride might close due to inclement weather. Headset is comfy, though it did come almost off midway through the ride, so to be save I held on to it. I do think the audio should be a bit louder, which I told to one of the Full Sail guys. Anyway, next time I will put the headset on a bit tighter, now that I know where all the straps are, I will be more prepared lol.

As for the virtual queue, I wonder how the technical issues affected the ride, going from two trains to one is a pretty big wrench in the system. What was odd, is that when we got on in the actual queue at 11h48, the wait on the board said 400 minutes, and the lady on the block said to everyone return times would be 400 minutes from now, however, when we got off the ride at about 13h20, the wait at the board said 45 minutes. So that's odd, unless they put in the wrong time and it was meant to be 450?

Reactions: Alicia
After the attendant was done helping me get the headset on I ended up tightening the straps a bit more. I know that ride and it needs to be tight to not fly off.

Music sounds louder the tighter it is too! Lol

Reactions: anihilnation