LA Haunted Hayride 2024 | Inside Universal Forums

LA Haunted Hayride 2024

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I haven't been to Haunted Hayride in maybe 10 years, but we do live somewhat close to it. Would the season pass be a good value? I don't remember how the parking situation is, which could be the deal breaker (as it is with me for Dark Harbor)

Can we be honest that this event is mid every year?
Unfortunately, hard agree.

It was a must see for us when we made our West Coast haunt tour itinerary two years ago, and we were vastly disappointed. The concept for the midway provides so much to work with, but it felt like they just sort of lost all momentum after that.

Seeing video of what this event used to be (Trick or Treat was such a killer concept for a haunt, actually ringing doorbells on various houses; even the hayride itself) I think we were setting ourselves up by hoping we'd see shadows of what once was, but it just didn't translate. Even the "new" haunt was simply a lazy retheme of the facade and opening scene of the previous haunt, followed by us walking around entirely unthemed semi-trailers (presumably the same they trucked in the scenery on), with no sound, lightings, or actors for massive stretches. I genuinely am not a negative person, and there were certainly highlights at points, but it was a hard pill to swallow sadly.

The best result of the night was we were so disappointed we sought out another haunt for the night, and that's how we found Zombie Joe's Underground Theater (which, if you've never done, HIGHLY recommend)

Reactions: Clive
It was always fine at best, but ever since they switched locations, it hasn’t been the same since.

I thought the old location was really impressive for the price. They were able to utilize the old zoo enclosures in really inventive ways, with some pretty startling set pieces. The new route is tedious, repetitive, and underwhelming. The other houses are hit or miss, and with how most tickets only allow one visit per experience, if you get a bum run, you're out of luck. Not enough reason to hang around once you've done what's there.

Reactions: Jake S and Freak
Despite all your warnings, I did get a Season Pass for Hayride this year. I haven't gone in many, many years. It's also not too far away from me, so visiting more than once isn't much of a hassle for me. I am a fan of Janelle Monae, the new Seance experience seems like it could be fun, and if nothing else, I'm all for riding the skeleton carousel. And at Midsummer (where I heard all the new offerings for 2024), the mention Trick or Treat is bringing back the doorbells--something I never got to experience the first time around.

Don't get me wrong, I will be going in with very, very low expectations. It'll also give us something to do when we're blocked from FFP at HHN. Although I will already concede the fact they haven't even updated their own website with the 2024 attractions info with just over a month to opening does not bode well.

Reactions: PenguinCowboy
Despite all your warnings, I did get a Season Pass for Hayride this year. I haven't gone in many, many years. It's also not too far away from me, so visiting more than once isn't much of a hassle for me. I am a fan of Janelle Monae, the new Seance experience seems like it could be fun, and if nothing else, I'm all for riding the skeleton carousel. And at Midsummer (where I heard all the new offerings for 2024), the mention Trick or Treat is bringing back the doorbells--something I never got to experience the first time around.

Don't get me wrong, I will be going in with very, very low expectations. It'll also give us something to do when we're blocked from FFP at HHN. Although I will already concede the fact they haven't even updated their own website with the 2024 attractions info with just over a month to opening does not bode well.
Don't get me wrong either, I REALLY want the experience to be good! It feels like this year they are truly expanding a bunch of offerings in a tangible way, and some, uh, interesting partnerships, haha, so I am cautiously optimistic, but not going to lie that I've not been burnt in the past! Hoping to hear your thoughts and hope that it is a great event this year!