Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And I actually should clarify my own statement... I actually don't think SFMM management explicitly said it was going to be a flat ride.... they were just very insistent that it wasn't a coaster.

Maybe it's going to be a new type of coaster, and that's how they're getting around that?

I also am inclined to agree with what I think Southerncoasterer said many pages ago (apologies if it was someone else who said it)... that this ride will be big, but a REALLY big ride will come by 2027/28.

Even if this were to be a clone of Quantum Accelerator; I think we're forgetting the absolute size and scale of the hillside that has been present; and how that directly contradicts where exactly Quantum Accelerator is being placed at (which if I recall; is mostly flat space).
View attachment 22979

View attachment 22980

Even with Quantum Accelerator's footprint being on-par; let's not forget the terrain differences that comes down to the two locations. Alongside that--it'd boil down to a similar element that I could've sworn prevented SFMM initially when they considered the Dive Coaster. As SeaWorld San Diego and Knotts would already have dive coasters dominating the so-cal region as it stood.

Even with the only straddle coaster in California being in San Diego; I still think people need to consider if that'd be a reasonable call for SFMM to make. Alongside that, if this was meant to be a "big" addition that'd require the terraforming/grading of the hillside; then they'd use it for an attraction that'd stand out with this large of a footprint.

It didn't seem like a family coaster from the rumors I was informed--and that I can absolutely be wrong; but I don't think they'd shift gears as quick as they would think of
The footprint will be much larger as markers are by full throttle and the now paved over Park area