Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 218 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And I actually should clarify my own statement... I actually don't think SFMM management explicitly said it was going to be a flat ride.... they were just very insistent that it wasn't a coaster.

Maybe it's going to be a new type of coaster, and that's how they're getting around that?

I also am inclined to agree with what I think Southerncoasterer said many pages ago (apologies if it was someone else who said it)... that this ride will be big, but a REALLY big ride will come by 2027/28.

Even if this were to be a clone of Quantum Accelerator; I think we're forgetting the absolute size and scale of the hillside that has been present; and how that directly contradicts where exactly Quantum Accelerator is being placed at (which if I recall; is mostly flat space).
View attachment 22979

View attachment 22980

Even with Quantum Accelerator's footprint being on-par; let's not forget the terrain differences that comes down to the two locations. Alongside that--it'd boil down to a similar element that I could've sworn prevented SFMM initially when they considered the Dive Coaster. As SeaWorld San Diego and Knotts would already have dive coasters dominating the so-cal region as it stood.

Even with the only straddle coaster in California being in San Diego; I still think people need to consider if that'd be a reasonable call for SFMM to make. Alongside that, if this was meant to be a "big" addition that'd require the terraforming/grading of the hillside; then they'd use it for an attraction that'd stand out with this large of a footprint.

It didn't seem like a family coaster from the rumors I was informed--and that I can absolutely be wrong; but I don't think they'd shift gears as quick as they would think of
The footprint will be much larger as markers are by full throttle and the now paved over Park area

We are not getting any big coasters.
Bill’s a certified jinxer at this point. Whatever he says, the opposite quite literally goes.

Well then, quick Bill; say there won’t be a USH Entertainment overhaul for the park and CityWalk!!

—-
Also if it helps, those on ParkFans brought up that the Golden Bear project is right now doing a geotechnical study.

Reactions: chris.g and MikePat
They've already taken a few years off as it is... last new ride was Wonder Woman from 2 years ago. And the last before that was WCR is 2020. Generally, they like to have at least something new to promote for the upcoming season.

Honestly, I would be totally fine (dare I say I would welcome) a flat ride package. The park needs them desperately, and compared to the cost of a coaster, is relatively cheap. However, I just don't think the old Golden Bear Theater is the best location for them. Such a large space is better used by a coaster, even I'd have to agree there.

Locations for flat rides should be more spread out around the park. The old Swiss Twist/Bayern Kurve/Pistashio Park area could hold a NebulaZ, and the lower dragon station (which has been vacant since the 80s) by Jet Stream could hold a tea-cup style ride or a Tilt-a-Whirl. And I think if they got creative, they could fit in a Booster ride at the top of Samurai Summit. There's also a plot of land where the old Bungee ride is by the Aftermath Fright Fest maze that is a blank slate. Just to brainstorm a few ideas off the top of my head.

Though nothing is official, it looks to me like our coaster is now a 2026 addition going head to head with Fast and Furious.

I'm also getting the distinct impression that the new Cedar Fair leadership wants nothing to do with opening new roller coasters in July and August. They want them open in early spring. So anything that can't make that target time period will be pushed back.

Last edited:
Though nothing is official, it looks to me like our coaster is now a 2026 addition going head to head with Fast and Furious.

I'm also getting the distinct impression that the new Cedar Fair leadership wants nothing to do with opening new roller coasters in July and August. They want them open in early spring. So anything that can't make that target time period will be pushed back.
Yeah this isn’t surprising. The whole purpose of this addition was to go head-to-head with F&F.

I'm under the impression this got reworked (I've mentioned this earlier). That 2026 rumor adds to that smoke, I doubt this was always the case of a 2026 addition...

This is definitely intriguing!

Reactions: Southerncoasterer
I'm under the impression this got reworked (I've mentioned this earlier). That 2026 rumor adds to that smoke, I doubt this was always the case of a 2026 addition...

This is definitely intriguing!

I get what you're saying. Maybe you're correct, and this has been scaled down to a family style coaster. Especially since the new guys want to add a giga to this park in time for the Olympics. We'll just have to wait and see...it is intriguing.

Edit: it just occurred to me that with CF taking over, perhaps they can afford to actually throw more money at the project. Interesting...

Last edited:
Reactions: Freak and chris.g