Legend of Jack Sparrow | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Legend of Jack Sparrow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's nothing wrong with "B" and "C" tickets. They made up a lot of the charm of MK back in the 70s/80s. The problem is when the online fan community--with a push from Disney social media--begins to think of a new B or C ticket as something more. That leads to disappointment. Yet to see Sparrow (did if soft open yet?), but I imagine if you've been building it up in your head for months, it fails to live up to hype. If you're a random guest who just stumbles across it one hot August afternoon and kills 15 minutes in there, it's probably a satisfying diversion.

ETA Not to say the park doesn't have substantial problems and need another E ticket or two. Just saying putting a new B in, or a new Disney Junior show, doesn't really affect that equation one way or the other. I think it should be judged on its own terms, not as a potential savior or Potter swatter.

Saying that the problem of social media making small attractions look like more is nothing new to the Disney Organization. Back when I was younger I remember Disney hyping up moderate attractions such as Dreamflight and the Maelstrom on the Disney Channel and feeling some disappointment compared to what was being presented.

Saying that the problem of social media making small attractions look like more is nothing new to the Disney Organization. Back when I was younger I remember Disney hyping up moderate attractions such as Dreamflight and the Maelstrom on the Disney Channel and feeling some disappointment compared to what was being presented.

Haha. Very true and a great point to bring into spotlight. However, what is different is you rarely had to wait years for another E-ticket to be on the way to the park you just witnessed a lackluster deal open in. Certainly never had to wait four years for another E-ticket to be found in the parks.

Its cool to see once just for the visuals, but yeah, once is probably all you need unless you're a really big Captain Jack fan (the line will probably be more teen, twenties, and middle aged girls/ladies than anything :lol: ).

Its cool to see once just for the visuals, but yeah, once is probably all you need unless you're a really big Captain Jack fan (the line will probably be more teen, twenties, and middle aged girls/ladies than anything :lol: ).

line?

I do still want to see it though..I still like the idea of having walk-through adventure type attractions in a park, it helps create more of a variety and immersiveness.

It's understandable that Disney would want to capitalize on real estate for one of their most popular characters, but just imagine the opportunities for alternative, more thrilling concepts they could implement in that floor space.

Inside the Magic has the full thing up on their website. The projection and sets look cool. That's all I have to say. Not even sure I'll do it :blank:

Cut the drawn out time down, the more cheesy overproduced concepts in there and the shortcuts they took with digital over practical...ya know you almost have a decent queue or preshow like area. But that's about it. Sad.

Last edited:
Im going out on a limb and going to say I kinda like it from watching the video. It looks like a fun little show for the whole family, maybe more so for the guys, im just glad its not another princess anything :lol:

Environmental Projection is really cool..the execution not so much..ditch the interactive nonsense and just have a huge pirate battle with the Black Pearl and the Mermaids

Wouldn't it have been smarter to put this in sooner at DHS and skip over adding all this crap to Pirates in MK? Want to see Jack? Go to DHS, where the movies are. Want to see 'classic' Pirates, go to MK. Make everyone happy.