Legend of Jack Sparrow | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Legend of Jack Sparrow

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wouldn't it have been smarter to put this in sooner at DHS and skip over adding all this crap to Pirates in MK? Want to see Jack? Go to DHS, where the movies are. Want to see 'classic' Pirates, go to MK. Make everyone happy.

Oh how nice that would of been. However Disneyland would not of had that option and they wanted to cash in on the ride anyhow to add some instant rush to it to tap into that market.

Jack Sparrow is the equivalent of Stitch in the early 2000's.

Wouldn't it have been smarter to put this in sooner at DHS and skip over adding all this crap to Pirates in MK? Want to see Jack? Go to DHS, where the movies are. Want to see 'classic' Pirates, go to MK. Make everyone happy.

:happy: But, Jack Sparrow makes money for Disney, so..

It is a shame they went with drunk obnoxious Sparrow of films 2-4 featured more and more of instead of the well written lucky and somewhat cunning pirate version of Sparrow. I am not a huge fan of either but I just thought it was funny as that was a concern from some movie fans on this board prior to it opening.

It is a shame they went with drunk obnoxious Sparrow of films 2-4 featured more and more of instead of the well written lucky and somewhat cunning pirate version of Sparrow. I am not a huge fan of either but I just thought it was funny as that was a concern from some movie fans on this board prior to it opening.
I still remember the 2006 Bill & Ted joke about Jack Sparrow being a great role model for young kids (it was meant sarcastically of course) haha..

I'm tired of Jack Sparrow. I think at this point, I'm skipping out on Pirates 5 unless the trailer wows me. Disney killed the character.

I still haven't seen 4.

It's such a shame that Pirates, especially in Disneyland, starts off with the AMAZING run through the caverns, only to end up devolving into "WHERE'S CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW" "IT'S CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW I'M AFTER!"

Jack the brilliant vs Jack the clown.

:cheers:

The tech and sets look great (albeit not too much better than what i've seen on a local Performing Arts school level). The show itself is just silly and childish. Could've been much better executed if there was an actual actor like in Poseidon's Fury.

I've always said this. They needed to build an attraction for this in DHS and leave the classic alone.

From Disney Parks Blog,

Imagineers Talk Working with Johnny Depp on The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I absolutely love the “Pirates of Caribbean” film franchise, which is why I’m super excited to experience The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction, which will grand open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 6.
The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow is a walk-through attraction that will allow guests to follow in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow to see if they have what it takes to join his rowdy and daring pirate crew.
Walt Disney Imagineering just shared this amazing video with us, in which Imagineers Jason Surrell, Laura Mitchell, Charita Carter and Jason Roberts take us behind the scenes of the making of this new experience. According to them, creating an entirely new attraction based on the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise was a dream come true, as was working with the film’s lead actor, Johnny Depp, who reprised his role as Captain Jack Sparrow for the attraction’s film elements.
See what else they had to say:

[video=youtube;uMmTaJwF-bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMmTaJwF-bo&sns=em[/video]

I must say from watching videos of the full attraction, that Johnny Depp seems to be the best part of the show. He put a surprising amount of effort into his role here despite it being only (essentially) a kiddie show. More proof that Depp is one of the best actors working in the business today.

So glad that they got him to participate and that it's not previous film clips edited together.

So glad that they got him to participate and that it's not previous film clips edited together.

I was going to agree with you....but then I remembered that this is Disney and something I don't really care about so I shouldn't be surprised at how much money they spent.

(I know spending is justified in this case, but I'm a disgruntled fanboy, okay? :drama:)

Behind the scenes of the new experience..and stuff

[video=youtube;uMmTaJwF-bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMmTaJwF-bo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The fith movie is in development officially, how far it will go is anyone's guess, but since the last one did so well overseas...probably all the way.

481541_10151397073508455_214994035_n.jpg

I was surprised the line for The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow was soo short when I was there.

-alex

The line was consistently at 45 minutes on Saturday from early afternoon to late. I didn't get to do it but really wanted to.