Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Legoland Florida

Has anyone heard anything on when they plan on beginning construction? I'll be able to stay on top of photo updates, since I live about 2 miles from the park....... plus, every weekend we move into a suite at loribelle's hotel that overlooks the park from a good vantage point :) So those of you who want to watch the progress, but don't want to drive all the way out here to no-man's land, stay tuned to Orlando United because we've gotcha covered. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything on when they plan on beginning construction? I'll be able to stay on top of photo updates, since I live about 2 miles from the park....... plus, every weekend we move into a suite at loribelle's hotel that overlooks the park from a good vantage point :) So those of you who want to watch the progress, but don't want to drive all the way out here to no-man's land, stay tuned to Orlando United because we've gotcha covered. :thumbs:

I'd say pretty soon, maybe within the next month. It has to be soon if they want to open the park by the end of next year. Thanks in advance for the coverage!

Rewster, you don't know how I will be grateful if you take pics of Legoland's construction!!!! If you red my previous posts in this section, you'll understand that I CAN'T WAIT!! Unfortunately, even if I live only 20 minutes away from Legoland, I can't do 20 minutes only to see some works... Thanks again a lot!! :thumbs:

Rewster, you don't know how I will be grateful if you take pics of Legoland's construction!!!! If you red my previous posts in this section, you'll understand that I CAN'T WAIT!! Unfortunately, even if I live only 20 minutes away from Legoland, I can't do 20 minutes only to see some works... Thanks again a lot!! :thumbs:

Yes sir, I'll be glad to share anything I can get!

And even though I'm in the process of trying to buy a house closer back into Orlando, I can say that Legoland is HUGE news for the town of Winter Haven. Especially if they follow through with the 429 extension mentioned above. Personally, I think the strangle hold that's been on Cypress Gardens/Winter Haven has been the fact that, in today's Interstate world, Winter Haven has fallen off the map since you have to exit I-4 south on Hwy. 27 and then struggle through 20 miles of redlights and semi-truck traffic to get there. If they extend an expressway into Winter Haven/Legoland, that will make Winter Haven a bonafide piece of Orlando's Greater Metro Tourist map -- which is amazing news for those who've been struggling here over the years with the on-again/off-again tourist stop status.

Here's another vote for Yes on your proposal :) Please swing that camera round as much as you can and keep us up to date on this great development.

I am coming to Florida in 15 days and definitely going to drive down to Winter Haven, hoping they have at least put up a sign by then :)

From Screamscape:
According to the Orlando Business Journal, construction work on the new Legoland Florida is set to begin in May.

I'm surprised they are starting this late yet are able to finish by the end of next year.

Also
According to this report posted at the Completely Legoland Windsor website, the park has begun the process of taking down the Jungle Coaster. Ever since it was modified, due to local complaints, to use enclosed cars, the operation of the ride has simply been a nightmare for the park. With the site now earmarked to become home to a possible future Legoland Hotel, I do have to wonder if they might consider moving the Jungle Coaster for use at another Legoland theme park… minus the enclosed cars of course. Check out the link above for a great video clip show off just what the ride experience from the enclosed cars was like.

Last edited:
Well, we've got our first job opening

Job ID: 224
Job Title: Park Ranger (Security)
Job Type: Direct Hire

There's one person that needs to sign the NDA :) He'll be able to see development very good.

Last edited:
From Screamscape

(2/5/10) According to a Screamscape source the Jungle Coaster being removed from Legoland Windsor (A Mack Expanded Mouse) will very likely find it’s way across the pond to Legoland Florida where it will be rethemed and have the trains returned to their intended form.

According to a Screamscape source the Jungle Coaster being removed from Legoland Windsor (A Mack Expanded Mouse) will very likely find it’s way across the pond to Legoland Florida

I've already been to Legoland Windsor, and I've seen this "coaster", which is noting special, unfortunately... but this doesn't mean it will be the greatest Legoland ever!!

It looks like Legoland Florida is attracting a lot of nationwide attention:
Following the successful launch of its first, North American theme park in 1999, Merlin entertainment’s LEGOLAND Florida is set to open in early 2011. This will be the fourth “LEGOLAND” park to be built, mirroring the successful Danish, German, UK and Californian versions.

Skyscanner Travel Editor, Scot Carlson commented “After the news of Universal Orlando’s new Harry Potter experience hit the wire, we saw dramatic spikes in searches for tickets to Orlando. While investigating this, we saw a huge, unexplained spike in search traffic to the area on January 21st which didn’t seem to fit the trend. When your search traffic triples overnight, it tends to grab your attention. We then decided to look at what else happened in the area, or the news, that could explain the sudden interest.”

As it turns out, the official press release which announced the LEGOLAND Florida Resort project was released on the same day that search results to the region spiked to over 200% of their normal levels. Cheap flights engine Skyscanner continued to see search results spike for 72 hours, before returning to more normal levels for the month.

LEGOLAND Florida Resort will take over the recently-closed Cypress Gardens and will include the well-known botanical gardens which made the area famous. The LEGOLAND plan includes over 50 rides and attractions, as well as a themed hotel and room for a second park. Overall, the project is expected to create over 1,000 jobs; helping improve the local job market and bringing in a boost to the local economy.

With the addition of LEGOLAND, Orlando continues to entice tourists to hop on cheap flights to Florida and rediscover their inner-child.
http://www.i-newswire.com/skyscanner-com-sees-legoland-resort/20996

hi guys, not sure if anyone's interested, because there's really not much going on over here, but i was pretty bored at work so i borrowed matt's camera and wandered around the hotel to take a few snapshots of the place. a few days ago the big news was some dumpsters being dropped off (small town, lol), you can see em in the pics. but not a lot of activity otherwise, the word on the street is they're waiting on permits and such. cypress gardens/splash island signs are still up also, if you didn't hear about it, you'd never know lego was coming.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

like i said, not much, but just in case anyone was interested in some 'before' pics and wondering what rides and such were still over there, here ya go. also, i'm not much of a photographer, matt will be able to keep everyone better updated once this place gets started!

I'm actually interested in the pictures. Thanks for posting them. I've been looking daily for new news or rumors and nothing has been going on ever since the Press Conference occurred. I can't wait until they finally begin actual construction in May. :rep: for the pictures.

That is funny. I went there on Monday, to do the exact same thing. Although i did not get into the Best Western :)
But I am tall enough to reach over the fence.

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Let me try to post my pictures when I am back from my vacation next week. I think it would build on your post.

And after that you and Matt are my support line for this new themepark development :) Keep us posted!

Last edited:
That is funny. I went there on Monday, to do the exact same thing. Although i did not get into the Best Western :)

Let me try to post my pictures when I am back from my vacation next week. I think it would build on your post.

And after that you and Matt are my support line for this new themepark development :) Keep us posted!

No worries, we'll keep you updated! :thumbs:

Although, I'm definitely NOT tall enough to reach over the fence. :lol: But we'll be able to get some pics, either way......

yep, we will definitely be able to keep you up to date, i'm here just about every day, unfortunately, lol :)

and you're tall enough to reach over the fence? wow! :)