Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Legoland Florida

I just learned about Legoland Florida a couple of weeks back,and I'm very excited and I thank everyone that has been taking pics,even if they are just before pics.

I've never been to Cypress Gardens so I enjoy the look into what it looked like before they start putting Lego stuff up.

I can't wait to hear more news about it!
Did they start to clear the area, or it's a bit "too early" to tell?
Thanks!!

As far as I can see, nothing at all has been moved yet. Basically at this point they have Security there to watch the place, and a small botanical staff to keep up the gardens. Last I heard, they'll begin work sometime in May. I'm keeping a close eye on it though. As soon as things start to happen, I'll post new pics, with "before" pics for comparison.

So I'm at work now, and just happened to notice it looks like they've got something going on over there.

There's a crane of some sort in front of one of the coasters. Unfortunately I can't get out and about the hotel tonight so I can't get much of a good look, but it's been moving around by one of the coasters. Just thought it was good to see something going on over there! There's also some cars parked in the area around this, so they're definitely doing something, maybe removing this coaster?
I took a picture, but just with my cell so I'm not sure how well you can see. I'll keep you guys up to date! :)

a0dd275c.jpg

I drove by the LegoLand site today and got some great shots of the park. The park is is horrible shape.. The rides look really rough! Yes, Loribelle, they are removing Galxy Spin because they sold it to another park. (Trust me.. They only remove them carefully when they sell them or put them in storage, otherwise they'd just rip them to pieces to be recycled into fresh steel) We got some great shots of them actually removing a piece of track.

I also never realized the train for The Starliner is still sitting in the station. Sad.

Check out the pictures.

I drove by the LegoLand site today and got some great shots of the park. The park is is horrible shape.. The rides look really rough! Yes, Loribelle, they are removing Galxy Spin because they sold it to another park. (Trust me.. They only remove them carefully when they sell them or put them in storage, otherwise they'd just rip them to pieces to be recycled into fresh steel) We got some great shots of them actually removing a piece of track.

I also never realized the train for The Starliner is still sitting in the station. Sad.

Check out the pictures.

I'm actually kinda sad to see the Galaxy Spin go. Do you know where it's headed Racheal? Great pics btw!

I just think it's amazing how slow news spreads outside the theme park community. None of my friend knew about this new park at all when I told them today. Anyway, I can't wait to go once it opens!

I just think it's amazing how slow news spreads outside the theme park community. None of my friend knew about this new park at all when I told them today. Anyway, I can't wait to go once it opens!

:stunned:! I can't believe that!!
Well, actually i can. I told the news to my friends and most of them (if not all) didn't know anything about it!!!
How can this happen! When there was announced the new underground theme park (that was a joke), everybody knew about it...
We should advertise LEGOLAND!!

You wouldn't believe how many people come here and ask when the 'carnival/fair' across the street is going to be open again :)

This park is going to flop because of its location.

What??? I don't like very much your statement!!
It's true, it's out of the Orlando area, but also Busch Gardens is out of Orlando, but it's doing very good (because it's better than Animal Kingdom, and people know it)...
So, if it turns out to be a great park (as many of us believe it will be), it will be a success!

Don't be pessimist!

It will be great but if it was near Disney it would probley have more guests.

Like I said before, I don't think Disney will really impact it.

The way I see it, the Legolands built already are smaller, almost regional parks... I think you'll see them get 1-2 million guests the first year (or at least make projections for that). That's a figure that's totally do-able, even if it's guests have to drive out of Orlando to see it. Then, the park could expand from there. That's sort of how they run the California park (they've had like six continuous years of increasing attendance, added an aquarium, partner hotels, and waterpark this year), and it's doing fine.

It will be great but if it was near Disney it would probley have more guests.

I'm going to have to disagree with your statement. Legoland California is extremely successful yet it is a little more than an hour away from Disneyland and two hours away from Universal. Location will have some effect but I still believe it can and will be very successful.

Cypress Gardens never took full advantage of the land they had in my opinion. They didn't make it worth the travel and were not a big named theme park. Legoland is the exact opposite. They are making this the largest Legoland to date and are extremely popular in the theme park industry. I see this sticking around for a long time.

You wouldn't agree that an attraction that is within 25 minutes away from the number one tourist destination in the world would do better than the same attraction that is Hours away from the number one tourist destination in the world? I'm not saying that the park will not be successful but where would you put it?