Legoland Florida | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Legoland Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Legoland Florida Web site launches

006zrb.jpg
005dos.jpg

003iq.jpg
001rr.jpg

Merlin Entertainments Group said Wednesday it has launched a new Web site for its recently-announced Legoland Florida attraction.

The site will allow future guests and potential employees to follow the progress of the new Legoland planned for Polk County. The park, slated to open at the end of 2011, is being built on the site of the former Cypress Gardens, a historic attraction in Winter Haven.

The Web site, LegolandFloridaResort.com, includes photos and video of the company’s California park, as well as a link to job opportunities. Contractors who are interested in doing business with the park can email LLFContractors@LEGOLAND.com.

Source: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/bu...10/02/legoland-florida-web-site-launches.html

From Screamscape:
I’ve been told that the sale of Cypress Gardens “Swamp Thing” coaster (Vekoma Family Suspended) to DippieDoe (Netherlands) has fallen through, with the park opting to buy another coaster instead. Looks like Legoland may get to keep an extra coaster… if they want it.

By using "legolandfloridaresort.com," I wonder how long it will take them to include a hotel on property (or perhaps a partner hotel concept).

The park better be fantastic if they really want to have two onsite hotels and expect them to do well most of the time.

The park better be fantastic if they really want to have two onsite hotels and expect them to do well most of the time.

That was my thought too, that two on-site resorts seemed like over-kill. Especially with so many local (and more affordable) established hotel options so close by.

I could see opening with one small boutique Lego-themed hotel with suites, and a small tourst-class hotel. Leave room for expansion, and they'd be set. I guess the only thing that has me scratching my head is, what are they going to do with park entrances or parking?

I found a very long article here:Polk County news, that says that a Sea Life may be added and it also confirms the new hotels, saying:
"...The second phase of Legoland construction possibly, if you look at the California model, (could include) a Sea Life aquarium (and) definitely a resort destination hotel”.
So, here you are a resort destination in less than 3 years! Amazing!

Last edited:
Just like Loribelle and Rewster I was interested in a “before picture” of Legoland. So during one of my Florida trips two weeks ago, I decided to drive down to Winter Haven, just to create that picture for myself.

Now that I am back home in Europe, let me share with you some of my opinions and images

In order to give you an overview of the size of this park, I made this “drive by video”
[video=youtube;8pZEkU8_kPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pZEkU8_kPY[/video]

Legoland, situated at Helena road, parallel to Cypress Gardens Boulevard
CP-overview.jpg

CP-big-sign.jpg

CP-street-sign.jpg

CP-street-name.jpg

CP-to-parking-2.jpg

CP-to-parking.jpg

The front entrance should get a major, major upgrade.
I don’t think Merlin will not take the opportunity to create a massive entrance.
CP-needs-big-entrance.jpg

CP-sign.jpg

Although construction has not begun yet, there is some minor activity in and around the park
A man on a golf card was circling the park opening gates; also a truck came by to pick up waste of some palm trees
CP-splashland-some-maintana.jpg

CP-splashland-some-maintan2.jpg

There were UPS deliveries and security on site
CP-deliveries.jpg

They are still doing some work on fencing, like this “fresh dirt” shows
cp-fence.jpg

And Merlin seems to clean up the place, as they brought in this shredding company
CP-Shredding.jpg

As mentioned Loribelle and Rewster ;-), when completely reaching out, I manage to take pictures over many fences.

Nice clear area for future development, like a Lego city
CP-over-fenceland2.jpg

More clear area
CP-over-fenceland.jpg

Some kind of seating area
CP-over-fence-tribune.jpg

The white coaster
CP-over-fencecoaster4.jpg

CP-over-fencecoaster3.jpg

CP-over-fencecoaster2.jpg

CP-over-fencecoaster.jpg

How is the ride to Legoland from Orlando?
It took me 45 to 50 minutes from the Sandlake/Apopka Vineland road Crossing to the main Legoland entrance, which wasn’t that bad. Highway 27 isn’t as bad as expected. But be prepared for a lot of traffic lights and more than that, for speed limit Frenzy. They really need to make it a “one speed limit road”, instead of different signs every half a mile.

CP-speed-sign-frenzy.jpg

Closed down parking lots
CP-parking.jpg

Here’s some more picture from the outside
CP-coaster4.jpg

CP-coaster3.jpg

CP-coaster2.jpg

CP-coaster.jpg

CP-building2.jpg

CP-building.jpg

Great before update! :rep: It looks like they have plenty of space to work with. I can't wait to see this begin work!

Great Pictures, Great update and 45 minutes from Orlando is going to be intrresting when people won't drive to Busch Gardens and ride some of the top coasters in the Country. I do think because Legoland is family oriented it will help more and they are going to start doing road construction to help the drive I believe. This is truly going to be very intresting to see how it does that far away from Orlando.

From Screamscape:
Details about a little land swap between Polk County and Merlin Entertainment that will allow Legoland to take over some new property and for improved roads to be built around the park to avoid traffic issues. Make the jump to Behind the Thrills to read all the details.
Good to hear Merlin is putting a lot of work into improving this park's area!

Great Pictures, Great update and 45 minutes from Orlando is going to be intrresting when people won't drive to Busch Gardens and ride some of the top coasters in the Country. I do think because Legoland is family oriented it will help more and they are going to start doing road construction to help the drive I believe. This is truly going to be very intresting to see how it does that far away from Orlando.

Of course, Legoland doesn't have a Disney counterpart.