Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Even if they rethemed RnRc to a cars type ride it could work.

They could really solve the entire park with that corner. The parks flow has always been atrocious with lots of crossing back and forth with single entry.

Then- where Little mermaid, launch bay and disney junior are, if they made that a land of some sort; specific IP or otherwise, they could connect it to where RnRC is. All that’s in between them is a random parking lot.

That now connects the entire park without having to backtrack.
There’s a Cast Member grill in there as well as other support buildings necessary for daily operations, but it’s nothing that can’t be moved.

Reactions: jtsalien
I’m expecting almost exclusively screens here... because that’s what the building was designed to do. Maybe a few props they’ll roll out, but as I said, this is probably going to have enough demand (since it has the Cars brand tied to it) that it will earn Legend of Jack Sparrow GSATs.

I’m expecting almost exclusively screens here... because that’s what the building was designed to do. Maybe a few props they’ll roll out, but as I said, this is probably going to have enough demand (since it has the Cars brand tied to it) that it will earn Legend of Jack Sparrow GSATs.

Were those GSAT's High...or low?

Because yeah, this gives me bad Jack Sparrow vibes REAL QUICK.

At this point, DHS needs all the capacity it can get. An entirely screen-based, standing-room only (?) attraction with basically no staff (?) sounds amazing from a capacity/cost ratio standpoint.

I would rather have Mickey and the Magical Map show here than Cars
Magical Map wouldn’t work in this space. This space wasn’t built to host anything but multimedia

I want that in the BatB theatre.

Last edited:
The Disney site says they’re moving Cruz Ramirez meet and greet to near the show. That probably played into how they chose this property for a new show.

Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy – Coming Early 2019 | Walt Disney World Resort

Also, this last line on the official listing says it all:

It’s Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—the home for Cars at Walt Disney World Resort!

Wait, I'm so confused...where is this going? Someone draw me a picture
It’s going in this building...
918A6CD5-6AB0-44C3-8551-B31B6875E4B3.jpeg

...which is right next to RNRC
rock-n-roller-coaster-gravity-09272017-3.jpg

Here’s the inside. Most of what you are seeing there is screens or projection.
5BAB22E5-F310-4C71-808B-C10757DF41D0.jpeg

Here's an image to help from when it was being constructed:
HollywoodStudios_10052015_full-12.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I've been in there for the Villains event. I believe they've used it for dance parties during the holidays as well. I'm just glad Disney is working on some filler attractions to get bodies into when lines are crazy for all the new stuff. This park used to be full of filler and now it's really down to just the basics.

They may be testing "Cars" presence in DHS still. Sure, they need more kids attractions, and more to do on the opposite side of the park to keep people busy when not at Star Wars...

But I wonder internally if they're still trying to decide which property to build a land/ride for next... Hopefully, bulldozing all of Animation Courtyard (instead of retrofitting worthless walk-throughs in its weirdly shaped structure,) along with Little Mermaid and Disney Junior. That area is a good chunk of land... And I bet you someday, (maybe 5, 10, or 15 years from now lol) we see another Pixar property take it over.

They may be testing "Cars" presence in DHS still. Sure, they need more kids attractions, and more to do on the opposite side of the park to keep people busy when not at Star Wars...

But I wonder internally if they're still trying to decide which property to build a land/ride for next... Hopefully, bulldozing all of Animation Courtyard (instead of retrofitting worthless walk-throughs in its weirdly shaped structure,) along with Little Mermaid and Disney Junior. That area is a good chunk of land... And I bet you someday, (maybe 5, 10, or 15 years from now lol) we see another Pixar property take it over.
Imo, Incredibles should be the property that gets a land at DHS, but I have a feeling either that or BH6 will end up as the Star Tours retheme.

Reactions: jtsalien and Alicia