Lower Lot Redesign | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, I want exclusivity to be a thing, even though it seems all but confirmed that JW will be coming to Gate 3.

I would honestly love to see 22-25/28 become some sort of Sci-Fi themed land, incorporating Transformers alongside the theming of that.

The hollywood version of Jurassic Park is going to turn into Jurassic World in the near future & It’s actually going to happen love it or hate it. I can say Universal Studios Hollywood will be a very interesting park to visit in the coming years so on.

The hollywood version of Jurassic Park is going to turn into Jurassic World in the near future & It’s actually going to happen love it or hate it. I can say Universal Studios Hollywood will be a very interesting park to visit in the coming years so on.

I didn't say it was going to happen..more in exclusivity for rides.

Osaka has Flying Dinosaur and Singapore has a flat ride connected to it (when in doubt, Singapore-Shame). Beijing will have the exclusivity period of time until Orlando opens Gate IV, but that If JW was to get a proper land, I would want to see something exclusive for Hollywood that no-one else has.

We have the success of GOTG:MB to thank for this. Hopefully they do a good job.

Reactions: Al2020

My opinion is it would more additional acres of land since JW might be a land-based ride due to the Gyrosphere vehicle in the movie. I haven't explored USH extensively since I live in Nor-Cal, so I don't know what's really behind the Jurassic Park Ride. I know dozens of movie sets had to be obliterated to make room for the original Jurassic Park water attraction in the 1990s.

There is something everyone is forgetting...that T23D in Orlando was announced that it would be replaced in 2019 with a new show. What is one thing the Lower Lot needs...a show. Something to pull the crowds out of the streets. Could Stages 22-25 become the home to a new theater?

I would prefer a Jurassic World expansion over anything else for Stages 22-25. That area is ripe for a Visitor Center or the Amber Mines. Maybe even kiddie spinners and a new Raptor Encounter area.

I know dozens of movie sets had to be obliterated to make room for the original Jurassic Park water attraction in the 1990s.

Not much was removed in the way for Jurassic Park in Hollywood. The Studio Tour Loading area removed a few dressing rooms and that was it. Much of the hill was cut away to fit the JPRA show building and the rest of the plot was already available. Any JW expansion would have to wrap towards Transformers and would not touch the JP ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would prefer a Jurassic World expansion over anything else for Stages 22-25. That area is ripe for a Visitor Center or the Amber Mines. Maybe even kiddie spinners and a new Raptor Encounter area.

Honestly, and this is going to come across maybe in a bit of a hypocritical way, but would the GP really know of Amber Mines? Not to mention, unless if it's featured in Fallen Kingdom, it wouldn't make practical sense to have Amber Mines featured as an attraction, especially if SNW has Donkey Kong and the Boom Patent.

I would think a Sci-Fi themed land (general Sci-Fi, not centered to just one IP) would be a better pick, as you could then have it be easily flexible to change IP's at any given moment, and that you could include Transformers to that, giving you an easy out to re-theme that building. But that's just my two cents.

There is something everyone is forgetting...that T23D in Orlando was announced that it would be replaced in 2019 with a new show. What is one thing the Lower Lot needs...a show. Something to pull the crowds out of the streets. Could Stages 22-25 become the home to a new theater?

Including 28, that gives them a lot of space to do more than just one show.

I actually don't rule it out, and think that it could make sense (Depending on IP), but that I would think it could work out well.

We have the success of GOTG:MB to thank for this. Hopefully they do a good job.

I'm actually surprised that they didn't have it ready this year for Fallen Kingdom, as that would've made more sense to cross-promote. Either way, I am glad to see JP get the love, as it needs it badly.

Reactions: Chris and Al2020
Something tells me that the plan for SS28 plot has already been decided. This more than likely will house restrooms, offices, and extended queue for Transformers. I would then believe that SS28 replacement will be themed to Transformers since they are in very close proximity to one another. I hope Jurassic World gets 22-25, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything that perfect! However, I would like to see whatever goes on 22-25 to have a backdrop wall to help eliminate the view of the surrounding studio.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Something tells me that the plan for SS28 plot has already been decided. This more than likely will house restrooms, offices, and extended queue for Transformers. I would then believe that SS28 replacement will be themed to Transformers since they are in very close proximity to one another. I hope Jurassic World gets 22-25, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything that perfect! However, I would like to see whatever goes on 22-25 to have a backdrop wall to help eliminate the view of the surrounding studio.

Even with no information of 28 or 22-25, I am betting 28 is restrooms, TF extended queue, and a quick-service.

Going to give a guess, I am betting that Transformers have it's queue moved by the end of the year, along with the bathrooms.

I could see the need for more bathrooms... there's only one in the entire lower lot right now. But does Transformers really need extended queue? Why would it need to move? Does the current queue take up space that could be used for something else? It all seems pretty self-contained at the moment.

I could see the need for more bathrooms... there's only one in the entire lower lot right now. But does Transformers really need extended queue? Why would it need to move? Does the current queue take up space that could be used for something else? It all seems pretty self-contained at the moment.
In theory, I would assume it'd be because of the Firelane situation and that they will presumably need that space inhabiting the extended queue, Panda, Lower Lot store, and bathrooms for expansion.

I just wish they would get on with it! Really thought we would have seen some activity on the lowerlot by now, it seems to be moving so much slower than the upper lot transformation (which I guess they are still finishing!)

I think Universal does not want too many attractions down at any one time. Mummy won't close until after they finish turning Jurassic Park into Jurassic World. Jurassic Park won't go down until after Kung Fu Panda opens.

Sadly, the Lower Lot will still have only 1 restroom. This new restroom will support the removal of the current restroom near JP.

Transformers needs an extended queue because the indoor queue was designed with only 45 minutes of queue space inside. In Orlando, TF only has 25 minutes of indoor queue. So, this means our extended queue will not be as large.

I think Universal does not want too many attractions down at any one time. Mummy won't close until after they finish turning Jurassic Park into Jurassic World. Jurassic Park won't go down until after Kung Fu Panda opens.

Agreed. I also believe that JP was fast tracked because SLoP continues to go through revisions. If SLoP opened this year, Mummy would close sooner and JP remodel would have been pushed.

Transformers needs an extended queue because the indoor queue was designed with only 45 minutes of queue space inside. In Orlando, TF only has 25 minutes of indoor queue. So, this means our extended queue will not be as large.
I would still argue they'd have it be somewhat large, encase of Nintendo and other projects being big crowd-pleasers.

Agreed. I also believe that JP was fast tracked because SLoP continues to go through revisions. If SLoP opened this year, Mummy would close sooner and JP remodel would have been pushed.

I have heard that there is a set-date to when construction will begin for Pets, yet I don't know when. It's somewhat being kept hush hush, but that they do intend on beginning construction by sometime later this year.

Reactions: tankart150