Lower Lot Redesign | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We might have to see how many acres of SNW would fit at the Lower Lot. The announcement may be next year or 2020. So until then, I'm going to buy money for Japan's version in the next two years and for Tokyo Disneyland Resort :D.

To give a little thing, I would have to think that Osaka and Hollywood will be updated, considering that Orlando Has seemed to of heavily changed from it's Original roadmap.

Just....how does one buy money?

Whoops, typo error. I meant to say "save up some money" lol I must have eaten too much today.

To give a little thing, I would have to think that Osaka and Hollywood will be updated, considering that Orlando Has seemed to of heavily changed from it's Original roadmap.
Not just "updated",

Not just updated, but it would be a huge benefit in adding SNW into Osaka and Hollywood parks, as Osaka was in the midst of opening SNW for the Tokyo Olympics in 2020 and the Lower Lot from the Hollywood is already being sorted out to clear out which attraction should be put there or replaced. I'm really excited to see Hollywood comes before Orlando because the Hollywood park really needs to have the Lower Lot expanded.

Osaka shot themselves in the foot by guaranteeing fans the 2020 opening. Hollywood's will surely be updated otherwise we'd see lots of soundstages being demolished right now.

I would agree....if Osaka didn't halt it's construction all the way to Late February/Early March.

Hollywood should've been re-looked at after D23, and that it wouldn't be shocking to see changes in place for Super Nintendo World in Hollywood and Osaka IMO.

My honest opinion is that SS28 will house offices for Lower Lot Management which is doubling in size because of the new additions to the Lower Lot. I hope they build the first floor as a large restroom and extended queue for Transformers...this would allow for the old restrooms all the way to the Studio Cafe to be demolished in favor of opening up the Lower Lot to major expansion. I do not see SS28 being any sort of attraction and I only hope is that it will be themed to match the Transformers venue. Just get rid of the Wall of Puke that is Transformers Mural and make the building look exciting! Painted walls need to go away!

My ultimate thought would be that Super Nintendo World will probably have restrooms inside the land...outside the land will need a large restroom to accommodate the larger Lower Lot.

My honest opinion is that SS28 will house offices for Lower Lot Management which is doubling in size because of the new additions to the Lower Lot. I hope they build the first floor as a large restroom and extended queue for Transformers...this would allow for the old restrooms all the way to the Studio Cafe to be demolished in favor of opening up the Lower Lot to major expansion. I do not see SS28 being any sort of attraction and I only hope is that it will be themed to match the Transformers venue. Just get rid of the Wall of Puke that is Transformers Mural and make the building look exciting! Painted walls need to go away!

What I'm guessing is that Studio Cafe, the Transformers Extended Queue, Restrooms, and new offices will be built on SS28 (2 story structure for Bathrooms and Offices), Jurassic Cafe will go under after the holidays for renovations for the upcoming revamp of JPTR, and SS22-SS25 will be used for something while Mummy and the Soundstage Cluster above that and to the right of TF will be used for SNW.

Reactions: Jamesh22 and Chris
and SS22-SS25 will be used for something

The question is for what and when? Thats quite a sizeable space there especially if taking up the old facilities /toilets space too. I'd like to see 1 or 2 exclusive to Hollywood attractions (even if only for a while) and I agree about making SS28 into extra facilities/queue.

Re Donkey Kong, is the general view that this isn't planned for our SNW then? I thought the space was available, could even take up some of the hillside up the side of the escalators too the road running under the simpsons ride?

The question is for what and when? Thats quite a sizeable space there especially if taking up the old facilities /toilets space too. I'd like to see 1 or 2 exclusive to Hollywood attractions (even if only for a while) and I agree about making SS28 into extra facilities/queue.

Re Donkey Kong, is the general view that this isn't planned for our SNW then? I thought the space was available, could even take up some of the hillside up the side of the escalators too the road running under the simpsons ride?

I believe that was the case in the beginning, but insiders have hinted at the fact that plans may have change and that anything is possible. I'm definitely crossing my fingers we get DK!

The question is for what and when? Thats quite a sizeable space there especially if taking up the old facilities /toilets space too.

I think that's a very interesting question, one that has a lot of possibilities.

With it seeming more and more like Pets is on UL, my thoughts are on what they could do relates more to what's currently there (excluding Mummy). Transformers still needs something done to it's exterior, considering that they have done sizable revamps to exteriors before, see Shrek 4D when Hogsmeade was coming, so I have to wonder if perhaps the re-location of the TF Extended Queue could be the first step to that process? Because perhaps that can lead to a possible indication of what's coming to 22-25 IMO.

Reactions: Jamesh22
Current progress has begun on SS28 plot. Concrete has been poured and the trailers which were once in the area are now gone. I will hopefully get some photos tomorrow.

I feel that with SNW, Hollywood will get a close of Japan. It seems like most changes are happening in Orlando.

Which begs the question...Were there any updates done to the Osaka version? I know Universal delayed construction, perhaps to include more stuff.

Honestly, I don't see a world where getting rid of Mummy & NOT replacing it with DK coaster would be a good move. That would be so idiotic. Unless they have something else up their sleeve. Knowing Universal, they will be most likely give us another SCREENZ ride to compensate for the loss of Mummy.

Which begs the question...Were there any updates done to the Osaka version? I know Universal delayed construction, perhaps to include more stuff.

Honestly, I don't see a world where getting rid of Mummy & NOT replacing it with DK coaster would be a good move. That would be so idiotic. Unless they have something else up their sleeve. Knowing Universal, they will be most likely give us another SCREENZ ride to compensate for the loss of Mummy.

Japan is already constructing SNW in anticipation of the 2002 Tokyo Olympics. I believe they started just more than a month ago. I just really hope we Californians don't get a dumbed down version of DK Coaster like the current Mummy ride in Hollywood is. Compared to Orlando's Mummy ride, and due to the size of the Mummy's Hollywood building, the Hollywood Mummy ride is very short and not well plot out, not to mention you it only has one loading deck as opposed to two in Orlando. I don't feel really confident if the DK roller coaster in L.A. would be just a fleshed out as the Orlando or Osaka's version. We get the short end of the stick, and Universal would probably not want to put out another screen ride due to the backlash it's receiving for the fans.