Lower Lot Redesign | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which begs the question...Were there any updates done to the Osaka version? I know Universal delayed construction, perhaps to include more stuff.

Honestly, I don't see a world where getting rid of Mummy & NOT replacing it with DK coaster would be a good move. That would be so idiotic. Unless they have something else up their sleeve. Knowing Universal, they will be most likely give us another SCREENZ ride to compensate for the loss of Mummy.

Osaka is well into construction, and can be seen in it's Osaka SNW thread.

As for screen based rides, Orlando's Supercharged, to the best of my knowledge, is the last predominant screen based attraction.

That doesn't mean that screens are completely going, but that they will not be the focus. And if anything, Orlando's Supercharged is going to ensure that.

There should be more wondering to 22-25, than for SNW, at least for now. As that, is going to be an important part of what we should be thinking come what may.

Just remember that SS28 Plot has nothing to do with Nintendo. Expect Operations Management offices, restrooms, and Transformers Extended Queue. I am not sure how much more they can shove into one building??? Maybe a gift shop for Transformers??? But that is kind of backwards.

Also the Nintendo plot in Japan fits Hollywood's plot very well in size. I think whatever we see in Japan will be identical to what we see in Hollywood...with very little adjustments.

Also the Nintendo plot in Japan fits Hollywood's plot very well in size. I think whatever we see in Japan will be identical to what we see in Hollywood...with very little adjustments.

The only thing we know about SNW in Japan is that it's getting the Mario Kart ride right? Nothing else has really been confirmed AFAIK.

Reactions: tankart150
The only thing we know about SNW in Japan is that it's getting the Mario Kart ride right? Nothing else has really been confirmed AFAIK.

Yes, so far it's confirmed Mario Kart will be coming to all Universal parks. However, other Nintendo attractions are coming to the parks at least for SNW in Japan, which will be the basis for SNW in L.A. and Orlando.

Yes, so far it's confirmed Mario Kart will be coming to all Universal parks. However, other Nintendo attractions are coming to the parks at least for SNW in Japan, which will be the basis for SNW in L.A. and Orlando.

That's my understanding as well. From what insiders are saying, a Yoshi dark ride is happening in a 3 parks.

The big, fat ? is if Donkey Kong is going to Japan/USH.

I know I’m :deadhorse: but...

The GP is not going to take SNW very well if the roller coaster is not replaced with a coaster. They have to compensate for something.

Looks like Universal needs to tear down more soundstages at the Lower Lot. A themed-roller coaster is a real thing USH needs, not none or less. Also, if we really need an awesome DK ride, then the building needs to be expanded further, not cramped one like the current Mummy L.A. version is now.

The Mummy ride in L.A. sucks balls compared to Orlando and even more than the Indiana Jones ride at DL. I wouldn't really want to miss it at all and USH should take a chance of expanding the queue and building should ROMT be removed for SNW especially DK roller coaster.

The Mummy ride in L.A. sucks balls compared to Orlando and even more than the Indiana Jones ride at DL. I wouldn't really want to miss it at all and USH should take a chance of expanding the queue and building should ROMT be removed for SNW especially DK roller coaster.

The funny thing is I've heard many (certainly not all, of course) think our Mummy is better, as the backwards portion is way superior, and they feel the fake exit portion on theirs totally kills the momentum of the ride. While I do agree with both of those assessments, I personally feel theirs is better, if nothing else, for that amazing pop of air at the top of the first inclined launch.

Also remember our Mummy is different because management at the time of construction didn't want to create a new building. I get the feeling that current management would be more willing to go the extra mile at this point--though I'm basing this on absolutely no insider info or knowledge whatsoever.

I know I’m :deadhorse: but...

The GP is not going to take SNW very well if the roller coaster is not replaced with a coaster. They have to compensate for something.

Freak dropping the truth bombs.

Also, as someone who isn't interested in visiting the parks in Orlando, I could care less if their Mummy version is better or not. All I know is that Mummy is a fun coaster that fills a need in USH. Getting rid of it without a replacement coaster is a big LOSS in my book.

Can't Universal get rid of one their SCREENZ ride instead of Mummy?

Freak dropping the truth bombs.

Also, as someone who isn't interested in visiting the parks in Orlando, I could care less if their Mummy version is better or not. All I know is that Mummy is a fun coaster that fills a need in USH. Getting rid of it without a replacement coaster is a big LOSS in my book.

Can't Universal get rid of one their SCREENZ ride instead of Mummy?

Considering Springfield just got expanded, Forbidden Journey is Potter, Minions/Despicable Me is Universal's Child, DWT will be the newest thing, and Transformers...is an oddity.

I would imagine it still sells enough to stay as it is, and they need more than just one attraction in the LL when things hit the fan and Mummy/Panda/Restrooms/Studio Cafe closes (Not to mention the rumors of JP closing).

I would say Transformers is safe.

__

I'm going to drop a bomb, as I do intend on saying this, and have gotten permission to do so,

In the time-frame between D23 to now, they have made changes to the game-plan of Super Nintendo World, not just in Orlando, but also now for Osaka and Hollywood.

If they weren't having alterations, Kidzone would've been down by now and Osaka would've been further along than getting to work in Late January on footers.

Add Soundstage 22-25 to the mystery, and the changes that seem to be ongoing, and the rest can be said in one word: Re-Structuring.

I would love to be proven wrong by @Chris, but that I have heard that SNW has changed, by multiple accounts.

And that one of the changes that I can confirm, is more that Donkey Kong is coming to Hollywood, in some shape.

Considering Springfield just got expanded, Forbidden Journey is Potter, Minions/Despicable Me is Universal's Child, DWT will be the newest thing, and Transformers...is an oddity.

I would imagine it still sells enough to stay as it is, and they need more than just one attraction in the LL when things hit the fan and Mummy/Panda/Restrooms/Studio Cafe closes (Not to mention the rumors of JP closing).

__

I'm going to drop a bomb, as I do intend on saying this, and have gotten permission to do so,

In the time-frame between D23 to now, they have made changes to the game-plan of Super Nintendo World, not just in Orlando, but also now for Osaka and Hollywood.

If they weren't having alterations, Kidzone would've been down by now and Osaka would've been further along than getting to work in Late January on footers.

Add Soundstage 22-25 to the mystery, and the changes that seem to be ongoing, and the rest can be said in one word: Re-Structuring.

I would love to be proven wrong by @Chris, but that I have heard that SNW has changed, by multiple accounts.

And that one of the changes that I can confirm, is more that Donkey Kong is coming to Hollywood, in some shape.
:thumbsup:

Reactions: Freak and SOCAL110

__

Bruh. Bruh. Bruh. Bruh.

Do you realize you just made my DAY/WEEK/MONTH!!!???

I don't know you personally, but I wish I can buy you a drink right now.

tenor.gif

I cannot confirm or deny any details of SNW because I currently have none. All I can see is that Hollywood should get something very close to Japan.

I agree that the recent stall in construction has to be the reality that plans have changed all of a sudden. SLoP was intended for stages 22-25...that seems to be no more!

Nintendo wanted changes...so Japan stalled and Kids Zone is saved yet again. Hollywood still has yet to remove Mummy, but I can imagine that is why JPRA remodel was fast tracked for 2019.

I still expect Mummy to go bye bye. However, Universal is looking at $$$ rather than replace a coaster with a coaster. Remember the only reason Mummy came to existence for Hollywood was because of the need to entice local guests after 9/11 and the tourist downturn. Those days are long gone and Nintendo is going to be a bigger hit than Potter in terms of Universal's confidence. In other words... "spared no expense!"

Last edited:
I still expect Mummy to go bye bye. However, Universal is looking at $$$ rather than replace a coaster with a coaster. Remember the only reason Mummy came to existence for Hollywood was because of the need to entice local guests after 9/11 and the tourist downturn. Those days are long gone and Nintendo is going to be a bigger hit than Potter in terms of Universal's confidence. In other words... "spared no expense!"

No matter what, Mummy is going the way of the Jaws Orlando. There is no question about that, along with 33-37, the rehearsal hall, and 41-44.

It's just of the manner of time, as we still don't have all of the Red Sea SS's completed yet, so that may be a thing to look into.

Reactions: alias8703
Nintendo wanted changes...so Japan stalled and Kids Zone is saved yet again. Hollywood still has yet to remove Mummy, but I can imagine that is why JPRA remodel was fast tracked for 2019.
Hi, newbie here! Is the implication here that The Mummy will be removed -after- Jurassic Park re-opens? And, maybe I missed this, but do we know around when that would be?

Last edited:
No matter what, Mummy is going the way of the Jaws Orlando. There is no question about that, along with 33-37, the rehearsal hall, and 41-44.

It's just of the manner of time, as we still don't have all of the Red Sea SS's completed yet, so that may be a thing to look into.

I'm hoping the announcement of the Mummy ride L.A. ride will come until next year or in 2020. It's long past due to the Lower Lot really needs some serious work, and it needs some serious expansion too, especially when Disneyland is gonna up Star Wars Land next year that will drive tourists into OC instead of L.A.