Lower Lot Redesign | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's because you're not looking 4th dimensionally
FarAfraidEstuarinecrocodile-max-1mb.gif

To be honest, I love BTTF and BTTF3..but BTTF 2 is not something that I would argue well of.

Being blunt, I don't believe BTTF is as big of an IP as how Mario or even Potter is. Regardless of Age, Potter and Mario touch multiple generations of individuals and groups. BTFF, has it's fans; but it's not to the level of what I would argue, are evergreen IPs.

Star Wars, Hello Kitty (merch alone), Potter, and Mario, are; because of how they have reached so many audiences.

Back to The Future, is an IP I love, but I am not going to be singing it's praises. Hell, I put that mindset similar to Jaws, as outside of the first and maybe the second..there isn't much there that is justifiable for me to say it's a cultural phenomenon.

They deserve marks in what they did for the industry, yes. But I am not going to sit here, and say that they are perfect for modern-day audiences.

I would argue other things though.

It’s amusing that someone who doesn’t use complete sentences and likes the use of the word “bruh” is trying to judge. It’s a message board not a writing 101 class. Good luck man because some of us like an intelligent debate, myself, while others become petty, you. Sometimes it’s ok to just say “damn, good point man” but I guess that is reserved for the adults in the room. Take care of yourself there “bud”.

No need to get your panties all up in a bunch. All I'm saying is that if you notice, the majority of posters break up their sentences in paragraphs once in a while, unlike you.

It makes it easier to read your content. I don't know why you took such offense to such a benign comment. Relax dude.

Reactions: HereWeGo
FarAfraidEstuarinecrocodile-max-1mb.gif

To be honest, I love BTTF and BTTF3..but BTTF 2 is not something that I would argue well of.

Being blunt, I don't believe BTTF is as big of an IP as how Mario or even Potter is. Regardless of Age, Potter and Mario touch multiple generations of individuals and groups. BTFF, has it's fans; but it's not to the level of what I would argue, are evergreen IPs.

Star Wars, Hello Kitty (merch alone), Potter, and Mario, are; because of how they have reached so many audiences.

Back to The Future, is an IP I love, but I am not going to be singing it's praises. Hell, I put that mindset similar to Jaws, as outside of the first and maybe the second..there isn't much there that is justifiable for me to say it's a cultural phenomenon.

They deserve marks in what they did for the industry, yes. But I am not going to sit here, and say that they are perfect for modern-day audiences.

I would argue other things though.

This 100%!

Hell, I put that mindset similar to Jaws, as outside of the first and maybe the second..there isn't much there that is justifiable for me to say it's a cultural phenomenon.

When children know of JAWS without seeing the film...its a cultural phenomenon. Star Trek and Star Wars also have that influence. "Modern day" audiences don't need the film to be "modern" in order to become a phenomenon - social media and the commercial world encourage that. Only kids who have no experience with history believe that they understand history in order to make judgments. I am now 40 years old and I am still learning about our history. When you know more of the truth and experiences of that particular era, you understand why decisions were made the way they were. Universal Studios' transition into supporting a world class theme park is a perfect example. Its narrow sided-ness which blinds our youth in believing they are living in the real world and the rest of us are not. There are multiple generations out there today, each one has a different perspective on life. Open your mind and listen to those experiences of the past and you will see time travel happening right in front of you...

If SNW is now going on the demolished CSI stages thats truly got me excited about the future of the lower lot.
I think we all thought SNW was a replacement for the Diagon Alley we thought was coming, by moving it that frees up a huge amount of space for expansion, not just for more potter (if they decide) but maybe for another huge IP/Land.

This feels like they looked at their previous LL plans, and what Disney is doing with Star Wars, and thought 'we're gonna need a bigger budget/expansion'

This feels like they looked at their previous LL plans, and what Disney is doing with Star Wars, and thought 'we're gonna need a bigger budget/expansion'

While I agree that Universal needs to watch Disneyland's growth, there are other factors to take into account. This theme park isn't the only Universal business on this property. Imagine the logistics involved and the powers that be must make choices to divide the land between the studio and the theme park. Whoever makes more money on the property will win...

Reactions: Rideguy70
While I agree that Universal needs to watch Disneyland's growth, there are other factors to take into account. This theme park isn't the only Universal business on this property. Imagine the logistics involved and the powers that be must make choices to divide the land between the studio and the theme park. Whoever makes more money on the property will win...

I dont think it's one or the other. Universal seems more than willing to build new studio facilities elsewhere on property to expand the theme park. Look at the amount of stages already destroyed or earmarked for destruction.

I dont think it's one or the other. Universal seems more than willing to build new studio facilities elsewhere on property to expand the theme park. Look at the amount of stages already destroyed or earmarked for destruction.

This is true, but it's a balancing act. The executives to make sacrifices. For example, the plan is, over the next few years, to have removed 16+ old stages and build 10-12 new ones. The new soundstages will be bigger but there won't be as many, meaning fewer projects will be able to film at the same time.

The growth also has to be carefully planned. They have to decide the timing of demolition and construction to reduce, as much as possible, any loss in revenue.

Eventually, there won't be anywhere left to relocate studio facilities to and the company will have to decide which to prioritize, the movie studio or the theme park.

This is true, but it's a balancing act. The executives to make sacrifices. For example, the plan is, over the next few years, to have removed 16+ old stages and build 10-12 new ones. The new soundstages will be bigger but there won't be as many, meaning fewer projects will be able to film at the same time.

The new sound-stages can each support multiple productions. The walls can be moved and partitioned off in sections to allow for multiple productions to take place in a single stage. So with the 10 larger stages, they can house twice as many productions.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If SNW is now going on the demolished CSI stages thats truly got me excited about the future of the lower lot.
I think we all thought SNW was a replacement for the Diagon Alley we thought was coming, by moving it that frees up a huge amount of space for expansion, not just for more potter (if they decide) but maybe for another huge IP/Land.

Agreed. Although, I'm not sure having a full land dedicated to DreamWorks would be a hit. I find those movies sort of lose popularity or interest pretty quickly. Same goes for Transformers. While I think it's not going anywhere for awhile, I do feel that eventually it will get the ax for a franchise with more longevity. Diagon Alley wouldn't be such a bad idea. I do love Hogsmeade and feel as though they could do so much more than what is offered in, what is my opinion, one of the greatest areas of USH.

• Haha
Reactions: imaleo
Is Fallon still rumored for the Lower Lot, or was that cancelled? Or was that only speculation?

Also, just checking: Is Hollywood doing the same “New Attraction every year!” thing that Orlando is doing?

Is Fallon still rumored for the Lower Lot, or was that cancelled? Or was that only speculation

As far as I know, that was pure speculation.

Is Hollywood doing the same “New Attraction every year!” thing that Orlando is doing?

Kinda. The timeline got shuffled so there was nothing new for 2017 (unless you count the Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle) and some of the "New Attractions" aren't so much new as they are remodels or upgrades of existing attractions. The post-2017 timeline is as follows:

2018: DreamWorks Theater (remodel/upgrade)
2019: Jurassic World (remodel/upgrade)
2020: Secret Life of Pets (new ride)
2021 (probably): Super Nintendo World (new themed area)