Major Universal Announcement Nov 1 7:30 PM EST | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Major Universal Announcement Nov 1 7:30 PM EST

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would much rather see "Wicked: The Musical" with a broadway style marquee go into a real theater in the Twister building. It would fit so well in the NYC section.

Considering the Gringrotts building is so large and apparant, it still suprises me that they haven't announced Potter 2.0. I just don't think Transformers and Potter will share the same announcement, as they are both headlining attractions.

Possible Universal will announce Potter in early December (say around the official opening of NFL)?

Considering the Gringrotts building is so large and apparant, it still suprises me that they haven't announced Potter 2.0. I just don't think Transformers and Potter will share the same announcement, as they are both headlining attractions.

Possible Universal will announce Potter in early December (say around the official opening of NFL)?

Nope. Not till next year. The shell of the Gringotts building is there, but nothing else is. No reason to drum up excitement now.

That would take some major juevos for Universal to set up an announcement the day of the New Fantasyland grand opening. I think they should :sneaky:

There's not reason to, to be honest. Fantasyland isn't going to take business away from Uni.

I just meant it would be a snide little way for someone at Universal to take back some of the attention the day of the FLE grand opening that Disney will be getting from the media/bloggers.

I would much rather see "Wicked: The Musical" with a broadway style marquee go into a real theater in the Twister building. It would fit so well in the NYC section.
how many shows do you think could possibly do a day with wicked? I just feel like that kind of show would be difficult to pull off

If they do add Wicked (which I would LOVE), they need to enclose FFL theatre, or it's not even worth it. If possible I would love for them to upgrade from the benches, but just a replacement is what we're after first and foremost. However, imo, the only themepark shows that fully work are Finding Nemo and Iceploration. Both are the only two shows I can think of that actually incorporate not only just enclosing a theatre, but actual broadway style seating as well. Both feel liike very intimate experiences comparatively (especially Iceploration).

If they do add Wicked (which I would LOVE), they need to enclose FFL theatre, or it's not even worth it. If possible I would love for them to upgrade from the benches, but just a replacement is what we're after first and foremost. However, imo, the only themepark shows that fully work are Finding Nemo and Iceploration. Both are the only two shows I can think of that actually incorporate not only just enclosing a theatre, but actual broadway style seating as well. Both feel liike very intimate experiences comparatively (especially Iceploration).

I can't really see why they wouldn't add Wicked to the park. To me, it just seems so fitting for Universal. Plus, adding a show of that caliber could raise the bar even more for Universal. Like you say though, I would want too see a more broadway style seating arrangement as well.

I'm there! No seriously, I already took off for work on November 1 :lol:

So...anyone can go see the announcement. They'll be using the Cinespec stuff for it that night.

Scratch that, looks like Passholders only.

Why would it passholders only. It states, "Please note there is not a special viewing area for this announcement as it can be viewed from any location around the Universal Studios lagoon."

So if you're just a regular guest that day, you wouldn't get to be next to the lagoon? :lol: