Major Universal Announcement Nov 1 7:30 PM EST | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Major Universal Announcement Nov 1 7:30 PM EST

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they do add Wicked (which I would LOVE), they need to enclose FFL theatre, or it's not even worth it. If possible I would love for them to upgrade from the benches, but just a replacement is what we're after first and foremost. However, imo, the only themepark shows that fully work are Finding Nemo and Iceploration. Both are the only two shows I can think of that actually incorporate not only just enclosing a theatre, but actual broadway style seating as well. Both feel liike very intimate experiences comparatively (especially Iceploration).

As I said earlier, take a look at the Aladdin show from DCA. Not the best script, but the production value and the incorporation of the theater are pretty cool. Aladdin and Jasmine fly out over the audience on the magic carpet, a caravan of (paper) animals come out into the audience during "Prince Ali".

Since this is just going to be a Cinematic Spectacular show, I don't think we'll see much beyond Transformers. It'll be a 3 minute piece, fireworks, lasers, fountains, then "Transformers: The Ride. Summer 2012". Concept art will be released online shortly after with a press releases.

Now, wouldn't it be interesting of they erect a screen over the Potter area, and as an encore they do a HP show, then project the Diagon Alley area onto it? Not saying it'll happen, but it's a cool idea I had.

Since this is just going to be a Cinematic Spectacular show, I don't think we'll see much beyond Transformers. It'll be a 3 minute piece, fireworks, lasers, fountains, then "Transformers: The Ride. Summer 2012". Concept art will be released online shortly after with a press releases.

Now, wouldn't it be interesting of they erect a screen over the Potter area, and as an encore they do a HP show, then project the Diagon Alley area onto it? Not saying it'll happen, but it's a cool idea I had.

Not sure what you mean by "just" a UCS showing. Do you know the exact details of the announcement and I can't seem to remember any park using a nightly fireworks show to announce their new attraction. Seems like a good move to me...

Not sure what you mean by "just" a UCS showing. Do you know the exact details of the announcement and I can't seem to remember any park using a nightly fireworks show to announce their new attraction. Seems like a good move to me...

I don't know any specifics, but I was under the impression the announcement was going to be using the Cinematic Spectacular infrastructure. Maybe I'm looking into this wrong...

Yeah it will but the way you came across was you knew how long, type of effects, and kind of shrugged it off like no big deal. No worries just a miscommunication. :thumbs:

I told someone on here that Universal has a team now that are leak-nazis. So, the info that I was looking for 5 months ago is now in a muted silence regarding announcements. What I was looking for was what costumes are on property and what training has been going on with them, like it was for another park. That info has been silenced.