Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Mako - 2016 SeaWorld Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Same here. This coaster, along with the other 2 with bring me back there for sure.

My daughter loves Sea World too much and I love it too much at Christmas time. Out of all the parks I probably keep that annual pass up the most. I just get the 2 year pass. Their renewal is nice too because you don't have to do it within 30 days and they don't back date it to when your pass ended. So our pass ended in July and we renewed it in October for 2 more years. Got a discount, 3 extra months (gets us 3 holiday seasons), and started the first day we used the pass. Their free Halloween event and their Christmas shows are worth the money alone for us.

We let our passes expire in Nov 2014, but just purchased the Premier pass again. Mako had a lot to do with that decision. The 2 year rate, along with preferred parking and re-rides at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens make it a good value.

We really loved the previous Believe show and were disappointed with One Ocean. However, having seen it a couple of weeks ago after a 12+ month break, it's a better show than I remembered and actually enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Christmas at the park and riding those great B&Ms.

I've never experienced Christmas at SeaWorld. I'll actually be doing it this year for the first time. I'll get the pass then. I was considering the one that includes Busch too but I really don't make it out there unless it's Howl-O-Scream.

We let our passes expire in Nov 2014, but just purchased the Premier pass again. Mako had a lot to do with that decision. The 2 year rate, along with preferred parking and re-rides at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens make it a good value.

We really loved the previous Believe show and were disappointed with One Ocean. However, having seen it a couple of weeks ago after a 12+ month break, it's a better show than I remembered and actually enjoyed it.

Looking forward to Christmas at the park and riding those great B&Ms.

The shamu Christmas show is my favorite Shamu show of all time. The sax at the beginning is awesome too. Love Christmas time at Sea World. Hands down the best Christmas in one theme park in all of Orlando. Disney has some great stuff, but it is spread out among 4 parks and one of the events is paid. Where Sea World offers a lot of special shows all in one park and all free with admission. The offer special food too at certain places. Last year being very pregnant I only made it out there once. But this year I plan on going at least 2 times, I really try going 3 times and have in the past.

I'm sorry. Am I the only one who thinks the layout of this coaster is very very similar to Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point. Aside from a couple differences it's the same thing.

I rode Magnum many times. I think you're right....If they are similar sensations that's a good sign. Magnum is one of my favorites ever.

Reactions: AK-Jake
They're both around 200ft, Make a right out of the station, go up the hill, first drop is almost the same, at the crest of the second hill they turn left and dive down, they both do an airtime hill after that before going into a turn around section, then a few bunny hops before turning right, into several bunny hops before the break run. Just the ending of the ride is a little different.

I guess if you're gonna rip off a coaster layout its a good thing to pick one of the most legendary ones to copy.

I am predicting a smoother and less exciting ride than Magnum.

And less fun than Apollo's Chariot.

Sorry, but I am of the personal belief that B&M has a knack for building massive yet rather boring sit downs.

Reactions: darkridelover
Have you been on Nitro? It's quite good and seems very similar.
Yes. This will be quite similar to Nitro without the big helix in the second half.

I am usually slightly disappointed after I try a new sit down B&M. The 2 exceptions have been Apollo's Chariot and Hulk. I am stunned at how big and how boring Kraken is. How do they do that? Everything about it screams great coaster. And I just find it boring.

Kraken boring? Different folks different strokes I guess. I just wish Kraken was nicely landscaped, instead of just out there in the backlot.
I prefer Kraken over Hulk as well.
I'm an old guy an to me, coasters are a very visceral experience. They are rough, dangerous, and out of control. Even the first Arrow steelies threw you around. The first B&M I rode was Kumba the first week it opened. Compared to my previous coaster experiences, it seemed like riding a Cadillac convertible on the interstate. As in smooth, controlled, and almost relaxing.

Reactions: anihilnation