Manta | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah! It has like, three and a half rides now! :lol:

Sea World isn't a ride, ride, ride park. It's never gone for that. It's a family park. You have some thrill rides, some stuff for the kids to do, a good amount of shows, and a good amount of exhibits. It's meant to be a slower paced park. If it was going for a thrill park then I'd tell you that your right and it fails there but it's not. It's going for something far more grand than an Amusement or Thrill Park.

In January, Seaworld announced they would do some work on hiding the water pumps, that are visible when you are hanging "there" just before you re-enter the loading station at the end of the ride.

Did someone already notice new theming in that area to hide the pumps? It wasn’t in place early March when I visited Seaworld for the last time

In January, Seaworld announced they would do some work on hiding the water pumps, that are visible when you are hanging "there" just before you re-enter the loading station at the end of the ride.

Did someone already notice new theming in that area to hide the pumps? It wasn’t in place early March when I visited Seaworld for the last time

If I recall that announcement correctly, the little touches that they were going to work on actually did NOT pertain to the pumps and such in the backstage area that you see as the train re-enters the station. It had more to do with the areas that are clearly visible from guests who aren't riding, such as one of the pumps in the waterfall area. Also, there is a temporary curtain that was put in place to divide the aquarium side of the exhibit in an effort to keep traffic moving in one direction. This temporary curtain is supposed to be replaced by a permanent door that is themed such as the door that exists between the aquarium and queue line side.

- Todd

If I recall that announcement correctly, the little touches that they were going to work on actually did NOT pertain to the pumps and such in the backstage area that you see as the train re-enters the station. It had more to do with the areas that are clearly visible from guests who aren't riding, such as one of the pumps in the waterfall area. Also, there is a temporary curtain that was put in place to divide the aquarium side of the exhibit in an effort to keep traffic moving in one direction. This temporary curtain is supposed to be replaced by a permanent door that is themed such as the door that exists between the aquarium and queue line side.

- Todd

The curtain is replaced by a door already.
I guess I understood the message of the waterpumps incorrect :)

Finally went on Manta today and I have to say, that its the best rollercoaster EVER! The coaster had such suddle movements and it was so incredibly smooth I couldnt even tell I was on the tracks. The pretzel loop was the weirdest feeling I have ever felt in my life and it was really intese as well. The splashdown was impressive and the looped that followed it was amazing. Sad to say it but 1000 times better than Rockit.

My thoughts exactly. While I love Rockit, Manta's the best coaster ever IMO (tied with SheiKra and Blue Fire).

I love roller coasters but I'm really scared to go on Manta. It looks really frightening especially as it's floorless. :(

I love roller coasters but I'm really scared to go on Manta. It looks really frightening especially as it's floorless. :(

If you like coasters, honestly the lift and pretzel will be scary the first time. I highly reccomend front row the first time because it's the smoothest and least intense ride on the train. After the loop the ride is just exhilerating. You really feel free like you're flying! As duelingdragons said, Manta is a must-see.

Got Discovery Cove booked for tomorrow, and am almost equally excited about using the free 14-day pass to Seaworld to check out Manta for the first time! I've also only been on Kraken once, so the next few weeks will be filled with new and exciting experiences!!

Got Discovery Cove booked for tomorrow, and am almost equally excited about using the free 14-day pass to Seaworld to check out Manta for the first time! I've also only been on Kraken once, so the next few weeks will be filled with new and exciting experiences!!

You'll love it. Have fun!

The two week passes make the price for Discovery Cove totally worth it. Have a great trip, I know I did!

Why has the pretzel loop viewing area been fenced off? Have people been throwing things on the track?

Is it a chain link fence, I have not been in about a month or so, never noticed it being there before. Did it look permanent?

Is it a chain link fence, I have not been in about a month or so, never noticed it being there before. Did it look permanent?

No, it's not chain link or permanent. It's those portable low fences often used for small construction or painted projects. I bet you could hop them but there's employees lurking in the shadows. :look:

The first time I went to SWO for Manta, I loved standing in that spot with the train whooshing through the pretzel loop. That was back a month after it opened.

Oh my God. This ride. I went on for the first time on Sunday, and I rode it 15 times. Simply WOW. Manta ranks as my number one roller coaster, and my number three overall ride. I don't think any other coaster's queue has made me feel as inspired and awed as Manta's. The deep bass effect used when lifting the cars to the flying position made me lose my breath, and the VIEWS. The ride is just so much fun. I love it. It feels so relaxed and natural, and it even brings the thrills with that amazing pretzel loop that made me almost pass out from its intensity my first time (I rode back row. I know.) and the splash effect is really refreshing. I'm so happy I finally got to ride. :D