Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Manta

Oh my God. This ride. I went on for the first time on Sunday, and I rode it 15 times. Simply WOW. Manta ranks as my number one roller coaster, and my number three overall ride. I don't think any other coaster's queue has made me feel as inspired and awed as Manta's. The deep bass effect used when lifting the cars to the flying position made me lose my breath, and the VIEWS. The ride is just so much fun. I love it. It feels so relaxed and natural, and it even brings the thrills with that amazing pretzel loop that made me almost pass out from its intensity my first time (I rode back row. I know.) and the splash effect is really refreshing. I'm so happy I finally got to ride. :D

Virtual high-five! :happy:

--- Update ---

and the only queue line I actually wish wouldn't move so fast.

Except in peak season whe you're stuck in front of the same tank for half an hour. :rolleyes:

^Is this normal, I mean it doesn't seem like coasters in Orlando has annual maintenance and are closed for four days. And if anyone wants to know the slowest four days in Seaworlds calendar year there you go.

^Is this normal, I mean it doesn't seem like coasters in Orlando has annual maintenance and are closed for four days. And if anyone wants to know the slowest four days in Seaworlds calendar year there you go.

SeaWorld seems to do this more with their rides than other parks. I also assume that a flying coaster needs more maintenance than other varieties due to its complexity. I just :pray: that SW doesn't let Manta go the way of :hulk: especially because it's so close to water a lot.

SeaWorld seems to do this more with their rides than other parks. I also assume that a flying coaster needs more maintenance than other varieties due to its complexity. I just :pray: that SW doesn't let Manta go the way of :hulk: especially because it's so close to water a lot.

Manta is the trademark attraction at SeaWorld, while the same can't be said about the HULK as much anymore.

Uni should still paint it without a doubt.

When I went on Sunday, the ride was top-notch, and I didn't feel anything wrong with it, so I guess Sea World is trying to be careful with this ride because, like you said, Obi Ubamba, this is currently the TM attraction at Sea World. I love this ride, and so do many, many others, so Sea World is going to keep this one in top shape.

My only irks right now with Sea World are Kraken and Journey to Atlantis. Both are in less than acceptable condition, and Kraken needs a huge refurb to add some dark ride elements because whatever little theming is has doesn't make up the fact that it can be compared to a Six Flags roller coaster. JTA just needs some love with a refurb that updates the story and the effects. If both things were done, Sea World could market their new and updated rides, and end up gaining more.

When I went on Sunday, the ride was top-notch, and I didn't feel anything wrong with it, so I guess Sea World is trying to be careful with this ride because, like you said, Obi Ubamba, this is currently the TM attraction at Sea World. I love this ride, and so do many, many others, so Sea World is going to keep this one in top shape.

My only irks right now with Sea World are Kraken and Journey to Atlantis. Both are in less than acceptable condition, and Kraken needs a huge refurb to add some dark ride elements because whatever little theming is has doesn't make up the fact that it can be compared to a Six Flags roller coaster. JTA just needs some love with a refurb that updates the story and the effects. If both things were done, Sea World could market their new and updated rides, and end up gaining more.

:iagree: In their current states, I'd rather wait an hour for Manta than 45 minutes for Kraken or JtA. They're just pathetic rides by today's and Orlando's standards. And like you said, SW could really use a fresh marketing campaign because they're lacking there too.

Yeah, Kraken is a nice ride, but is pathetic compared to Manta. Agreed that it needs some theme elements to make the ride better.

:iagree: In their current states, I'd rather wait an hour for Manta than 45 minutes for Kraken or JtA. They're just pathetic rides by today's and Orlando's standards. And like you said, SW could really use a fresh marketing campaign because they're lacking there too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you come up with some ideas to improve Kraken on another topic.

Last edited:
SeaWorld is capable of making good rides but they have to keep up with their current ones as well. JTA is a decent ride but needs to be revamped to add effects and modernized a bit and it could be more interesting. Kraken is a good coaster but needs to be looked after better. Manta is the only ride that I can honestly compare with IOA rides, and it shouldn't be that way. The shows however make Seaworld special so as long as they keep up in that department, I'm happy.

Yeah, Kraken is a nice ride, but is pathetic compared to Manta. Agreed that it needs some theme elements to make the ride better.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you come up with some ideas to improve Kraken on another topic.

Yes I did. You can find it somewhere in the SWO forum.

Mr. MudFish, that would be amazing!

I think that Kraken would be better if it was over water, I mean it is a sea beast after-all, and if the "underground" sections were themed a little better, with rock work or something, not just concrete. Then maybe some on-board audio and it would be a better experience overall.
Journey to Atlantis is looking a lot better than it once did, but the story-line is a mystery to most people, which lets it down.

Imagine Kraken and ROTM put together. Now THAT would get me to SeaWorld. With some Kraken AA!

A Kraken AA would be so awesome!

Remember guys, Seaworld's main draw is animals and marine education. When the President of that park is given 1 million dollars, he's not going to let Kraken get a refurb to include an AA that may just end up like the Disco Yeti. The rides compliment that parks main image and purpose, where as other parks, the rides ARE the park.

I think that adding dark ride elements to a 100ft+ roller coaster would just be silly. The best thing they could do it add rock work to the caves (like Cheetaka's)and make the line nicer.

And I really think an AA would be absolutely nuts too add... I love how Kraken is almost always open, the most reliable of the Florida B&Ms.

An audio animatronic is not going to work, I agree. But they can most definitely add some awesome projection screens and at LEAST a figure of the Kraken which you whiz by as you go under the main tunnel in front of the entrance. The same effect could be applied throughout all the other trenches, as well as extensive rockwork to match that of Manta's. The queue of Kraken is simply the blandest I've probably ever seen, and I almost felt embarrassed. So it needs a refurb. :p