Manta | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Manta

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, so this was a pretty awesome ride. Doesn't beat Tatsu though IMO. I sat in row 7 on the outside and did get pretty wet in the splashby. The pretzel loop was intense, but practically all flying coasters have them. It was a cool ride, but nothing cool and unique. I think I liked Kraken more than Manta.

Manta's pretzel rides more intense than Tatsu or the Superclones, but I'm not sure that I'd call that an entirely good thing. It's a bit TOO forceful after a few rides in a row. I agree - Tatsu gets the nod for sure. It's a more exciting layout, much more exciting location and has better visuals on the side of the mountain. Manta's placement is stunning, but it's still a much smaller ride.

Manta's pretzel rides more intense than Tatsu or the Superclones, but I'm not sure that I'd call that an entirely good thing. It's a bit TOO forceful after a few rides in a row. I agree - Tatsu gets the nod for sure. It's a more exciting layout, much more exciting location and has better visuals on the side of the mountain. Manta's placement is stunning, but it's still a much smaller ride.

I completely agree. Manta's is more intense, but Tatsu's was more enjoyable. I really loved the horseshoe curve on Tatsu and wish they had it on Manta. Tatsu was also longer than Manta, correct?

I've only been on this , Superman Ultimate Flight, and Batwing(not traditional), and this had the most noticable difference to me. Plus, the beautiful views are more noticable up front.

Yeah, the views are nice, but you're looking down at the ground for most of the time.

I've only been on this , Superman Ultimate Flight, and Batwing(not traditional), and this had the most noticable difference to me. Plus, the beautiful views are more noticable up front.

"Not traditional" ? Now there's an awfully interesting comment to make about a ride that came *before* any of the B&M flying coasters.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

I completely agree. Manta's is more intense, but Tatsu's was more enjoyable. I really loved the horseshoe curve on Tatsu and wish they had it on Manta. Tatsu was also longer than Manta, correct?

Yeah, the views are nice, but you're looking down at the ground for most of the time.

Not that much longer. Tatsu is 3602; Manta is 3359. Tatsu FEELS much longer because it's a very spread out layout, whereas Manta is in a much smaller footprint and crosses over itself several times.

+1 to no visual different from front to back on a flyer as you DO stare at the ground and not really ahead. Only difference is in rides with a pretzel loop (all but Air) as it is MUCH more forceful on the back of the train.

I've only ridden this and Superman as far as flyers go, but I have to say I thouroughly enjoyed Manta. So much, actually, that it's my new favorite roller cosater.
I just love the freedom you get while riding, and although the pretzel is killer, it lasts for just a second, and once you survive it, it's smooth sailing. I actually got kind of addicted to the back row g's.
The floater air on both the corkscrews is awesome, too, and I lve putting my hands out to get a little wet on the splashdown and waterfall, depending what side I'm sitting on.
The restraints are amazingly comfortable and the rough point is a little snap on the drop in the back row. Other than that Manta is a beautiful peice of engineering and on of the best experiences in Orlando.:D

Don't diss the M-ray!!!

I think you're crazy if you think there's no difference between front & back. Every coaster aficionado knows the back is more intense than the front. I've done both on Manta (and every other coaster in FL), and I'll never do back again on Manta - that pretzel nearly made me black out! :) Don't get me wrong - the front is still intense, but more tolerable & enjoyable.

that pretzel nearly made me black out!
Who doesn't hate the "grey out" effect. That's why I ride towards the front. :/

Manta is the best flier I've been on. Never been on Tatsu. :( Manta owns compared to the others I've been on.. Firehawk (Kings Island), Nighthawk (Carowinds).. Those are nightmares.

Manta got itself some fancy new theming to hide for the sun. I like it!
Also, the curtain in the aquarium area is replaced by a door.

mt1.jpg

MT2.jpg

The only time I've felt any type of "blackout" is the first and second time I rode. Now I crave that crazy feeling! I don't understand why people hate it. But that's probably because I don't feel the "blackout".

Blacking out leads to minor brain damage... :lol:
It's not good, but it's a wonderful feeling. Like a mini "high."

I like the new theming, but it isn't gonna do jack when the summer Orlando sun comes out.

Manta is an amazing coaster. The first time you experience the pretzel loop, you will be amazed and speechless. The theming is another great part of the coaster. If you are in the Orlando area you should definitely check it out! :thumbs:

Thought the front was pretty poor compared to the back, done front and back straight away and throughout the rest of my holiday we did the back only

Question. Does this ride still keep you facing down until you pull back into the station? That was the one thing I LOATHED about it and why I'm not in a huge hurry to get back on it.

I am almost positive it does. That is one reason I am afraid to get back on it. I was stuck in the station after the ride laying face down for 25 minutes and it was awful. My dad, who had a heart attack about 2 years ago, was freaking out which led to me freaking out.

The ride kept having difficulties so it kept us in the position then back then back into position then back for over 10-15 minutes before having us cross over to the other station. Horrible.

But the worst was waiting behind other trains to enter the station and we were in the position for over 5 minutes straight. I really hope they fix that or I won't ride it.