Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2012

it's true

mgmap.png

*picks out new spot to get comfy at near entrance/exit gate*

What the heck are the floats doing out there?

this afternoon there was a "press" event...

Thanks, kingeric! The new floats look cool and it's great that they're making enhancements :thumbs: I'm looking forward to seeing the parade in person soon, and getting some beads and doubloons! :D

^ Thanks for the video! :rep:

The parade looks great! I like the new floats, the new sound/snow/bubble effects, how the lights and the music changed a bit with each float. It's really cool! BTW, was that you screaming for "COINS! COINS!! COOIINNSS!!!!" :lol: I'm screaming at the computer screen going "they're called doubloons!" :p Can't wait to go get me some beads and doubloons!! :D

^ Thanks for the video! :rep:

The parade looks great! I like the new floats, the new sound/snow/bubble effects, how the lights and the music changed a bit with each float. It's really cool! BTW, was that you screaming for "COINS! COINS!! COOIINNSS!!!!" :lol: I'm screaming at the computer screen going "they're called doubloons!" :p Can't wait to go get me some beads and doubloons!! :D

:look: if i yelled Doubloons I wouldn't get any... when I yelled coins I ended up with two... yell what more tourists will react to :lol:
(you can tell I didn't actually watch what I edited, cause I so forgot I did that... :rofl:)

edit: here is a photo of them coins as we call them ;)
IMG2548-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Ok sooo I should be on a float this weekend! Any ideas on how I could attach my flip cam to myself so I can video the whole parade from my pov?
I was in it last week. You will wear a costume (possibly a hat too depending on how windy it is) so attaching it to clothing or anything like that won't work. If you are going to try and figure out a way to do it, make sure to try and hide it as they tell you no photos/recording on the float. Have fun though, it was a great experience for us last weekend!