Mardi Gras 2012 | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Actually, surprisingly low crowds. As a gauge, Rockit at 1 pm was a less than 5 minute wait. It heated up later in the evening, but yeah, seems like they underperformed a bit. (Not that I minded...)

Nice. Well the season is dying down and KC and The Sunshine Band is not exactly a huge draw. Just sort of the novelty Mardi act now.

--- Update ---

See my biggest aww man with the upgrade with the seconds just before the webbing you down screen. The rise up effect does not seem as convincing now because the lowering wall and light windows on the side that take up your perefials don't go as long. This was one of the trippier elements of the ride's format. It is still great though.

Nice. Well the season is dying down and KC and The Sunshine Band is not exactly a huge draw. Just sort of the novelty Mardi act now.

--- Update ---

See my biggest aww man with the upgrade with the seconds just before the webbing you down screen. The rise up effect does not seem as convincing now because the lowering wall and light windows on the side that take up your perefials don't go as long. This was one of the trippier elements of the ride's format. It is still great though.

I imagine the weather was a factor, too. It was gray and gross, little windy with occasional mist, for most of the day... probably dissuaded a lot of people. Hell, while Potter was reporting a 60 minute wait around 5 pm it was actually about 15. Crazy, huh? Still shocked about Rockit. (Then again, all the TMs were booking it.)

I know the scene you're referring to, but I guess the update didn't affect it for me. I'll pay closer attention next time. For what it's worth, I had a first timer with me today and she was heavily impressed by Spider-Man - and was flabbergasted when I told her we didn't actually ever rise at all. Hmm. I don't know, Scream just gets oddly motionless in the next scene, and there's too long of a moment where you're just sitting there before you hit Hobgoblin... the action is clearer (I totally understand what's happening) but the kinetics are lacking. Oh well, overall the upgrade is awesome.

I was able to catch the last night of Mardi Gras yesterday, and glad I did! I think the new floats are great! Here's some pics from last night:

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg