Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2016

Exactly. They still have catchy stuff as they did then but yeah they're radio staples now. I'm happy for them.

I just looked up a recent setlist of theirs and I recognize the majority of the songs so looks like they'd put on a really fun show.
They still always end with Saturday too (and have for almost their entire existence), which is them at their roots and just really fun.

I also hope to see Barenaked Ladies. I think Shawn Mendes was also a big get for them... even though young and doesn't have a lot of big songs, young girls love him. Turnout will likely be very big - I'll likely end up there because my sister is already saying she wants to go.

I'll be honest though - I'm surprised they didn't get Charlie Puth. He was on the smash song "See You Again" from Furious 7 (a Universal film) and he's had about 3 other hit songs since that time.

I'll be honest though - I'm surprised they didn't get Charlie Puth. He was on the smash song "See You Again" from Furious 7 (a Universal film) and he's had about 3 other hit songs since that time.

I have to think that its possible that the pay to get him may be too high for the sake of just getting him for one night. But, that's just a guess.

I have to think that its possible that the pay to get him may be too high for the sake of just getting him for one night. But, that's just a guess.
Possible. He's still early in his career though... hasn't even put out his first album yet.

We are big fans of Barenaked Ladies and have been to I think 3 of their shows at Uni. Always a lot of fun. Really excited to see 3 Doors Down again. One of my favorite bands and they killed it last time they were here.

Well it was a wet opening night! :lol:

Gotta give it to the performers as they were energized regardless of the weather. Usual fun times, but couldn't get full offerings since the rain. Looks like they introduced a Mardi Gras Bock from Abita (Not specifically brewed for UO).

Merch was ok this year. Shot glass compared to last year was just OK and it looks like beads are now $4 each instead of 3 for $10.

Will have pics soon!

Performers were troopers as always. That wasn't a sprinkling, that was legit rain last night.

I hesitate to judge the parade due to lack of stilt-walkers, choreography, etc., but I was disappointed there only appear to be two new floats. Also, not Royal Court float, so no "fancy" beads like in years past. That said, I got a boatload of regular beads.

Didn't get to sample the beer, outdoor food court shut down early--again, no doubt due to rain.

I hesitate to judge the parade due to lack of stilt-walkers, choreography, etc., but I was disappointed there only appear to be two new floats. Also, not Royal Court float, so no "fancy" beads like in years past. That said, I got a boatload of regular beads.

There was 4 new ones, but it looks like the Royal Court float was redone.

^ When you say new floats, are they brand new completely or just a retheme of a previous float?

I believe the 4 new ones are completely new. The Royal Court may be a retheme.