Marvel Movies/TV and the MCU Future | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Marvel Movies/TV and the MCU Future

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kC7RCpL.gif

• Haha
Reactions: HalfGlass
Phase 4 has been super mid so far. Only Spider-Man was good. Doctor Strange was just okay and Thor, let me not even get started on that one.

Speaking of Marvel movies… Disney+ US is getting its first three R-Rated films tomorrow with Deadpool, Deadpool 2, and Logan.

Could this be a precursor to a big Deadpool 3 announcement Saturday at SDCC?

Last edited:
I hope it’s good

They have made like 3 pretty meh Spider-Man shows in a row since Spectacular Spider-Man ended

This one is within the MCU with Tom Holland voicing. It's the origin story for Holland's Spider-man. Was originally annnounced at Disney Investor Day in 2020.
Most comic sites have been miss informing me because most are saying he won’t be voicing the character

Maybe he's not anymore, but originally it was planned that he was going to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same actor who played Spider-Man in What If, as he popped up in the Marvel Zombies backdoor pilot episode (As I will call that).

Speaking of Zombies, hoping that goes TV-MA. With Deadpool and Logan coming, there's no excuse to have what is arguably the darkest Marvel Comics series be dumbed down.

As it stands, we should be looking at around this; right?

Late 2022
Marvel's What If S2

Spring 2023
X-Men 97

Summer 2023
Spider-Man: Freshman Year

Fall 2023
Marvel Zombies

Early 2024
??? (Rumors are pointing to a show explaining on the devices that we've started to see following of the Ten Rings, and their origins. Would make some sense.)

Last edited:
Speaking of Zombies, hoping that goes TV-MA. With Deadpool and Logan coming, there's no excuse to have what is arguably the darkest Marvel Comics series be dumbed down.
There's also no reason that literally every Disney-owned title shouldn't be put on if they're going to go as far as Deadpool and Logan. Hell, they haven't even put up all Marvel movies and shows on the US version of Disney+ yet. Legion, Cloak and Dagger, Daredevil (2003), Elektra, The New Mutants, Helstrom, M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey. I'd expect Once Upon a Deadpool to be added around the Holidays.

Disney+ in the US is missing so much quality PG-13 stuff never mind R. Just think about the Planet of the Apes franchise as an example, and inexplicably family-friendly films like Maze Runner, Real Steel (very underrated film), and Alita: Battle Angel.

There's also no reason that literally every Disney-owned title shouldn't be put on if they're going to go as far as Deadpool and Logan. Hell, they haven't even put up all Marvel movies and shows on the US version of Disney+ yet. Legion, Cloak and Dagger, Daredevil (2003), Elektra, The New Mutants, Helstrom, M.O.D.O.K., Hit-Monkey. I'd expect Once Upon a Deadpool to be added around the Holidays.

Disney+ in the US is missing so much quality PG-13 stuff never mind R. Just think about the Planet of the Apes franchise as an example, and inexplicably family-friendly films like Maze Runner, Real Steel (very underrated film), and Alita: Battle Angel.

With Real Steel getting a D+ series, I'm imagining that will be done and dealt with once they get closer to the show. I do very much agree on that, and I suspect once the Hulu percentage is completely Disneys, all Marvel content remaining will drop in batches for US (Excluding Spider-Man, which will drop once Netflix is done with the respective films).

Also have to think like with Real Steel, we will eventually see 21CP projects release for Disney, and with legacy content going to D+ properly once they can begin the transitioning process.

Back to Marvel at hand, as I edited it in: I wonder if The Mutants (Deadline has mentioned the specific title) will be The Avengers of Phase 4, to introduce the MCU properly to their takes of Logan, Cyclops, Xavier, and Magneto, while also showing how the Mutant Gene has affected the Universe following the events of Multiverse of Madness and Eternals respectively.

Reactions: Nick
The Mutants I hope will be good....but I was hoping they'd try something different this time

Rogue and Gambit were very much under used in the fox films and think a film about them in the south and end credits being them being contacted by Professor X, because First class already was a first film where we saw the origins of Charles school and the OG Xmen film showed off the main cast of X-men favorites...so would like them to try something new (also the south has some unique cities like New Orleans that would be perfect for a super hero film)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same actor who played Spider-Man in What If, as he popped up in the Marvel Zombies backdoor pilot episode (As I will call that).

As it stands, we should be looking at around this; right?

Late 2022
Marvel's What If S2

Spring 2023
X-Men 97

Summer 2023
Spider-Man: Freshman Year

Fall 2023
Marvel Zombies

Early 2024
??? (Rumors are pointing to a show explaining on the devices that we've started to see following of the Ten Rings, and their origins. Would make some sense.)
We'll know more concrete information soon. Marvel Animation panel at 2:45p EST/11:45a PST (90 minute panel).

The show wont air until 2024 (like why....why so long?)

But good parts include some interesting villains and hero team ups....also before civil war so no idea how any of this works but sounds fun

First look at X-men 93

Also the cast of Marvel Zombies

Last edited:
Could SM: Freshman Year actually be his Freshman year of college? It doesn't really canonically line up unless that's what it is i'd think. It could be an animated story that's sort of like SM 3.5, basically setting up Spider-Man 4?

Could SM: Freshman Year actually be his Freshman year of college? It doesn't really canonically line up unless that's what it is i'd think. It could be an animated story that's sort of like SM 3.5, basically setting up Spider-Man 4?
Timeline wise it is before civil war...and with who is in the show its pretty much confirmed to take place before No Way home

Edit: On reddit i saw someone saying its not in the main MCU universe but a parallel one

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick
Timeline wise it is before civil war...and with who is in the show its pretty much confirmed to take place before No Way home

Edit: On reddit i saw someone saying its not in the main MCU universe but a parallel one
OK, that makes a bit more sense with it not being canon. Because for instance there's almost no explanation for how Holland's Peter could've known Harry Osborne in high school, but then not know who Norman Osborne is in Far From Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.