Marvel Movies/TV and the MCU Future | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Marvel Movies/TV and the MCU Future

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zombies information makes me very happy to hear.

Disney is finally wanting and willing to take that plunge with TV-MA, so hopefully those numbers for the Marvel Netflix shows paved the way for Daredevil D+ to retain aspects from the Netflix show in it's adult nature, alongside Blade to be alongside DP for the R rating.
________

What made me the most curious however..was a leak. That's right, leaks! Right before the big event. A lot of titles got filed and put in, right before their showcase. And while we likely won't be seeing all of it, it gives us a..broad guess, to what may be next for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Avengers: Secret Wars
  • Avengers: The Kang Dynasty
  • Captain America: New World Order
  • Thunderbolts
  • Hercules: Rise of the Gods
  • Celestials: End of Time
  • Captain America: Red, White and Black
  • Avengers: Eternity Wars
  • Midnight Sons
  • Red Guardian: Generations
  • Runaways: New Era
  • Nomad
  • Shang-Chi and The Wreckage of Time
  • The Black Knight: Origins
  • Avengers Academy
  • Avengers Timeless
  • Avengers Excursion
  • Timeless Saga
  • Eternity Saga
  • Sam Wilson Captain America

OK, that makes a bit more sense with it not being canon. Because for instance there's almost no explanation for how Holland's Peter could've known Harry Osborne in high school, but then not know who Norman Osborne is in Far From Home.
The person online replied to me and said this is both canon because the mult verse but also not the MCU Peter Parker

Basically a what if tv show where Norman is his mentor and not Tony

The person online replied to me and said this is both canon because the mult verse but also not the MCU Peter Parker

Basically a what if tv show where Norman is his mentor and not Tony
This is the more traditional Peter Parker origin story that we saw in the Raimi trilogy and even a little bit in the Webb movies, essentially.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
This is the more traditional Peter Parker origin story that we saw in the Raimi trilogy and even a little bit in the Webb movies, essentially.
Like....i now have more hopes for this show and pretty sure they said a second season will also come from this....so fingers crossed its near Spectacular Spiderman/Spiderman Ps4 in terms of story telling

Like....i now have more hopes for this show and pretty sure they said a second season will also come from this....so fingers crossed its near Spectacular Spiderman/Spiderman Ps4 in terms of story telling
There's certainly plenty of potential if they want to just make this it's own thing, but it is called Freshman year, which would imply that either the episodes are going to happen over a very short period of time and you could do 2-3 seasons, or it tells me they only plan for it to be a one season show.

What made me the most curious however..was a leak. That's right, leaks! Right before the big event. A lot of titles got filed and put in, right before their showcase. And while we likely won't be seeing all of it, it gives us a..broad guess, to what may be next for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Thunderbolts
  • Midnight Sons
  • Nomad
  • Avengers Academy
  • Avengers Timeless
  • Avengers Excursion
  • Timeless Saga
  • Eternity Saga

*Chuckles that I brought this up already and it was glossed because of Freshman Year xD*

In all seriousness, even if it isn't all of the titles announced tomorrow..there are some really interesting titles here. Some familiar, while others being unique curveballs.

*Chuckles that I brought this up already and it was glossed because of Freshman Year xD*

In all seriousness, even if it isn't all of the titles announced tomorrow..there are some really interesting titles here. Some familiar, while others being unique curveballs.

Quite a few interesting things in there, but i'll say, if it comes true, I definitely didn't have The Runaways on my radar as far as coming into the MCU. I assume they'll ignore the show (although I did enjoy it quite a bit and would recommend it).

• Thunderbolts
  • Midnight Sons
  • Nomad
  • Avengers Academy
  • Avengers Timeless
  • Avengers Excursion
  • Timeless Saga
  • Eternity Saga

I can't believe those are all (or even most) intended movie titles.

Is there anything in the source of this leak to indicate these titles are tied to specific forms of media?

I feel like people need to keep their expectations in check for Marvel stuff at the SDCC panel today. I think we could see DC announce a lot more big things than Marvel due to the fact that I think Marvel is going to hold back most of their major stuff for D23. Also remember it's only a 60 minute panel and i'd say a decent amount of it will be spent on Wakanda Forever, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, Echo, Ant Man 3, The Marvels, GotG 3. I honestly think that fills up the whole panel aside from maybe a Fantastic Four cast reveal or Deadpool 3 announcement.

I can't believe those are all (or even most) intended movie titles.

Is there anything in the source of this leak to indicate these titles are tied to specific forms of media?
It's probably a mix of Movies and shows, but as far as validity, they've already seemingly gotten quite a few correct based on patents Marvel filed.

Last edited:
I feel like Disney has too many events....like Star Wars...Comic Con and D23

Could have like 2 hours of solid announcements but they always hold stuff back and many times also...for whatever reason hide trailers...like them not releasing the mando season3 trailer yet...to me is insane

Could have like 2 hours of solid announcements but they always hold stuff back and many times also...for whatever reason hide trailers...like them not releasing the mando season3 trailer yet...to me is insane

I'd argue they don't, as SDCC and SWC is handled by external aspects, and in the case of SDCC, is much more than just Marvel and Disney. It's of Pop culture as a whole.

SWC isn't even operated by Disney, it's operated by the same group who operates Pax and E3.

Reactions: Nick

When you pay a lot of money to do something, such as to get to the point where you are in the room for the Mando trailer or when they show the Wakanda Forever teaser today (which is almost guaranteed), you get special things.

Why would they put out the Mando 3 trailer in July when the season isn't coming out until March? Tell me how that makes sense? They'll wait until D23 to drop the Mando trailer. And at D23 they'll probably also get to watch the first episode because they paid more than someone who didn't go.

Wakanda Forever the end of Phase Four:

Phase Five:

They're doing it!

Very interesting that they're choosing to release two Avengers movies in the same year though, with Secret Wars taking up November instead of the lucrative mid-December slot. It's very notable that Spider-Man is absent from both Phases 5 & 6 from what we know so far.

Phase Six so far:

Last edited:
It's very notable that Spider-Man is absent from both Phases 5 & 6 from what we know so far.

I'm pretty sure Feige has always been pretty deferential to Sony in terms of announcing the MCU Spider-Man movies, so I wouldn't take the absence of an announcement here to mean that there won't be a Spider-Man movie in the upcoming Phases. I would all but guarantee there will be.

I'm pretty sure Feige has always been pretty deferential to Sony in terms of announcing the MCU Spider-Man movies, so I wouldn't take the absence of an announcement here to mean that there won't be a Spider-Man movie in the upcoming Phases. I would all but guarantee there will be.
Well, upon further inspection, they only announced three films for Phase six. That tells me 3-4 are missing and we know those exact films pretty much:

- Deadpool 3
- Spider-Man 4
- Shang-Chi 2
- X-Men/"The Mutants"

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep a full-on X-MEN movie in their back pocket to anchor Phase 7. Maybe introduce a few characters individually leading up to that in Phase 6.

Reactions: Nick
Status
Not open for further replies.