Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

Watching the announcement, I don't see this as being anything but a ride.

Looking at the concept art, this looks like a facade.

Then again, if it is a ride, there's zero chance that they're going to not have a sign out front of the house or they've looked at the success of Diagon not needing one.

Enchanted Tales w/Belle sure looks like a ride facade, too.

I could see a highly themed Carousel (that maybe doesn't go in a traditional circle) through the Banks home where instead of a pole we hang onto its Mary Poppins umbrella
The rumor I was hearing was a carousel that as you turn the surroundings turn into a cartoon. Hence carousel+

But this announcement screams non-ride to me tbh.

Enchanted Tales is a facade over a show building too. Not sure how that proves anything.

Hopefully it’s a ride. But I feel like they mighta said it was if it was.
Yup, that's exactly my feeling. Why hide it if you think it's some amazing thing? Because they know it's lame. So like I said, they didn't wanna hear the boos, so they showed all the good stuff now and then they'll dump the bad news on the Parks Blog.

It seems like there were a bunch of things changed last minute this year, which is very un-Disney like. Wonder how much got cut due to jitters over Star Wars lack of delivering so far.

I like it. It’s great. But Disney was never coy about what it was before it opened. They oversold the Poppins thing if this is what it’ll be.

Enchanted Tales is a facade over a show building too. Not sure how that proves anything.

Hopefully it’s a ride. But I feel like they mighta said it was if it was.

Maybe it’s the optimist in me showing.

Talking earlier about how they announced too much at 2017, scaling back this year, could allow them to deliver more details later on and pad out further announcements. Plus if a project gets cancelled, there’s less to be disappointed about.

It seems like there were a bunch of things changed last minute this year, which is very un-Disney like. Wonder how much got cut due to jitters over Star Wars lack of delivering so far.
They changed a bunch in 2017 as well. Poppins, Coco and Brazil were either supposed to be announced or on the cusp of being announced in 2017.

They changed a bunch in 2017 as well. Poppins, Coco and Brazil were either supposed to be announced or on the cusp of being announced in 2017.
There’s still a rumored big Animal Kingdom addition that wasn’t announced today too.

Back to Poppins, I wonder what @Marni1971 has to say on the subject.

At least he's gonna be in Magic Happens!

tumblr_plcst9iwuC1wgepv8o6_r1_500.gif

There’s still a rumored big Animal Kingdom addition that wasn’t announced today too.

Back to Poppins, I wonder what @Marni1971 has to say on the subject.
That's really all I care about as I suspect he knows. If he'll say anything is a different story.

Also, I can see why they didn't announce the DAK project. It was rumored to be a 2024 project. There's really no need to announce it so early. They can either announce it in a blog post, do it at the 2020 Destination D, or just simply wait until D23 2021.

Looking at the Concept art again, this looks like it almost might be based on Mary Poppins Returns. Either that, or it will focus on both. That lamplighter sure looks a lot like Lin-Manuel Miranda's character Jack. The Mary Poppins right next to him also looks a lot more like the Emily Blunt version than the Julie Andrews version.

epcot-united-kingdom-poppins-overhaul-1024x536.jpg

Looking at the Concept art again, this looks like it almost might be based on Mary Poppins Returns. Either that, or it will focus on both. That lamplighter sure looks a lot like Lin-Manuel Miranda's character Jack. The Mary Poppins right next to him also looks a lot more like the Emily Blunt version than the Julie Andrews version.

epcot-united-kingdom-poppins-overhaul-1024x536.jpg
The poster they released has Emily Blunt on it:

skdjfh83247234897-613x919.jpg

Mary Poppins Returns wasn't that good BUT it did have some "magical" moments. Enchanted Tales with Belle DID have some impressive technological moments when it first opened. We could probably do some Google Earth and temper our expectations right now. Chances of a show building for anything major fitting back there are slim to none.

Obviously a ride would be better but we shouldn't hate on an indoor effects-driven walk through show. Not in this heat...

Mary Poppins Returns wasn't that good BUT it did have some "magical" moments. Enchanted Tales with Belle DID have some impressive technological moments when it first opened. We could probably do some Google Earth and temper our expectations right now. Chances of a show building for anything major fitting back there are slim to none.

Obviously a ride would be better but we shouldn't hate on an indoor effects-driven walk through show. Not in this heat...

My main problem with MPR is that it tried too hard to hit the exact same beats as the original and nothing about it felt fresh or new.