1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Mickey's Philharmagic (DCA)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by AlexanderMBush, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Got to stop by to check it out today. Good addition for DCA. Obviously I would’ve preferred the original version with the wrap-around, but this was the best case scenario with the limited venue this was put in.

My biggest qualms were the duck butt (Which I’ll address shortly) and the random blank space above the screen. It was a little distracting and very odd they couldn’t fill the screen all the way. It took up half the screen during the “Be outer guest” segment but got bumped to only 1/3 once it ended.

There was some of nice lighting effects thrown in there to make the flying instruments appear more real.

Overall, it’s fine for what it is. I like it. Took ‘me long enough. I will also say the remaster of screen quality looks exceptional. Looks like it was actually made this year.
    Unfortunately, I can confirm it’s static. If they’re going to throw money into a new sign, I wouldn’t rule it out. They’re really trying to push this as a permanent attraction.

There was also a healthy gathering of people in the theater. This seems like it will be a fairly good people eater.

Coasted and Mad Dog like this.
  2. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Good to hear. The film did need remastered. I love the attraction, but the last couple of times I saw it, the film quality had degraded, and the 3D only worked OK if you were in the center towards the back of the theater. If you were not there the #d had duplicate and blurred effects.

3. Evan

Evan Member

I haven’t seen anyone mention scents? I assume no scents made it?

4. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

They are there. Not quite as noticeable as MK’s as the scents there cone out of the seats. Here it’s from the ceiling.

Forgot to mention the side screens. They did help enhance it as they were extensions for the screen.

Coasted likes this.
  5. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Freak and Evan like this.
  6. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

I'm sure they're hoping to drive more traffic to the theater. It's been about as empty as the movie previews with that awkward entrance.

7. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

8. malice

malice Newcomer

So are they moving the entry to the main Hollywood thoroughfare for more visibility? Hopefully this will increase traffic into the attraction.

Fallow, Nick and Jones14 like this.