Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey's Philharmagic (DCA)

Got to stop by to check it out today. Good addition for DCA. Obviously I would’ve preferred the original version with the wrap-around, but this was the best case scenario with the limited venue this was put in.

My biggest qualms were the duck butt (Which I’ll address shortly) and the random blank space above the screen. It was a little distracting and very odd they couldn’t fill the screen all the way. It took up half the screen during the “Be outer guest” segment but got bumped to only 1/3 once it ended.

There was some of nice lighting effects thrown in there to make the flying instruments appear more real.

Overall, it’s fine for what it is. I like it. Took ‘me long enough. I will also say the remaster of screen quality looks exceptional. Looks like it was actually made this year.
So hearing conflicting reports... is the Donald butt an AA that wasn't initially working, or a static figure?
Unfortunately, I can confirm it’s static. If they’re going to throw money into a new sign, I wouldn’t rule it out. They’re really trying to push this as a permanent attraction.

There was also a healthy gathering of people in the theater. This seems like it will be a fairly good people eater.

Got to stop by to check it out today. Good addition for DCA. Obviously I would’ve preferred the original version with the wrap-around, but this was the best case scenario with the limited venue this was put in.

My biggest qualms were the duck butt (Which I’ll address shortly) and the random blank space above the screen. It was a little distracting and very odd they couldn’t fill the screen all the way. It took up half the screen during the “Be outer guest” segment but got bumped to only 1/3 once it ended.

There was some of nice lighting effects thrown in there to make the flying instruments appear more real.

Overall, it’s fine for what it is. I like it. Took ‘me long enough. I will also say the remaster of screen quality looks exceptional. Looks like it was actually made this year.

Unfortunately, I can confirm it’s static. If they’re going to throw money into a new sign, I wouldn’t rule it out. They’re really trying to push this as a permanent attraction.

There was also a healthy gathering of people in the theater. This seems like it will be a fairly good people eater.
Good to hear. The film did need remastered. I love the attraction, but the last couple of times I saw it, the film quality had degraded, and the 3D only worked OK if you were in the center towards the back of the theater. If you were not there the #d had duplicate and blurred effects.

I haven’t seen anyone mention scents? I assume no scents made it?

I haven’t seen anyone mention scents? I assume no scents made it?
They are there. Not quite as noticeable as MK’s as the scents there cone out of the seats. Here it’s from the ceiling.

Forgot to mention the side screens. They did help enhance it as they were extensions for the screen.

It's truly fascinating to see Philharmagic get this level of care and love, especially for the likes of DCA and the location.

Also, glad to see the moving Donald AA finally working properly.

It's truly fascinating to see Philharmagic get this level of care and love, especially for the likes of DCA and the location.

I mean, it's a good show. The entrance for the theater was just in a terrible location.

Although I prefer the MK version, this version is still really good for what it is. My only small gripe is I wish they did something about the random black space on top of the screen.