Middle Earth coming to UOR? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Middle Earth coming to UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Besides rapids I honestly can't see LOTR in any other ride. There is no magic ride vehicle or anything like that. The closest thing you get to riding anything in the movies is a horse of those stupid eagles. For a full park to be based on something like that would be insanely boring. Imagine 1-4 rides and then just tons of atmosphere. That's why I think LOTR should just be a Jurassic park sized land in the 4th gate. Big but doesn't overstay it's welcome

Definitely not a 1/2. Maybe a 1/4. But even Potter in its final stages won't have a 1/4 of either park it's in. And LOTR is popular, but it's not Potter.

LOTR, Star Wars and Potter and all pretty much icons, its hard to really say which is best. The majority would say star wars or LOTR, not potter

LoTR seems to be the only real game changer like Harry Potter Universal could add. They certainly have the interest and have proven they could do it right. Jim Hill once said the only thing standing in the way was how much money Peter Jackson wanted. He made it sound like Universal thought the price would go down once the movie franchise was winding down. With only one movie left that time might be close.

LoTR seems to be the only real game changer like Harry Potter Universal could add.
To quote Yoda, "No. There is another."

Star Trek (other than maybe James Bond) is the longest-running, most profitable franchise not represented in a domestic theme park. If Uni just copied what Goddard did 20 years ago in Vegas, it would still be a world-class expansion. And if they updated it to the JJ Abramverse...

Star Trek (other than maybe James Bond) is the longest-running, most profitable franchise not represented in a domestic theme park. If Uni just copied what Goddard did 20 years ago in Vegas, it would still be a world-class expansion. And if they updated it to the JJ Abramverse...

So.... You're saying its taking over KZ?!

:)

I'll be honest...I don't know how much pull Trek has this day and age. It has an aging fanbase, and almost no pull for the younger generations. The Abrams reboots didn't make great money, and Godzilla is out grossing both of them.

I think Uni can bring together the nerdy-ness of the shows with the cool factor of the new movies. What would be awesome is a whole new story in the Star Trek universe, like how Lost Continent were new takes. The canon is much more flexible than some may think, there are some musts but everything else is whatever works :lol:

If they did a Fast Food Boulevard treatment for Quark's Bar it would be a money maker. Have Raktajino as a specialty coffee drink and the food possibilities are endless. And if they blend live acting with a ride like in Vegas it would automatically be 100x better just being Uni, but given their current track record I would say it would be 1000x better than in Vegas.

Thinking about it I wonder if they could pull off the replicator effect. You say what you want to eat and it appears right in front of you, just grab it and pay. :thumbs:

But I have had so many different concepts for Star Trek to go into USF, and even IoA. I would be very excited to see something move forward.

Mario and LOTR are the only "game changer" IPs not currently in a theme park

And yes the Mushroom Kingdom would be a huge draw for families :p

Star Trek is sort of like The Simpsons where it's fanbase isn't too high right now but it's spanned so many years people would come and see it.

Star Trek is owned jointly by Paramount and CBS. Paramount is building a theme park in Spain that will include a Star Trek land. CBS/paramount would not be inclined to let rival NBC/Universal have Star Trek in their parks. Just can't see this happening.

Star Trek is owned jointly by Paramount and CBS. Paramount is building a theme park in Spain that will include a Star Trek land. CBS/paramount would not be inclined to let rival NBC/Universal have Star Trek in their parks. Just can't see this happening.
What does a park in Spain have to do with Universal in Orlando? They could easily create a contract where Uni only uses Star Trek in USA. Uni has Marvel rights in Orlando and Japan, while Disney has it everywhere else. Uni has Sesame Street in Japan, whereas Sea World parks has the rights in America.

Star Trek COULD happen.

Star Trek coming to Universal is a big possibility, the park in Spain isn't even owned or operated by Paramount

It also isn't definitively going to happen.

Agreed, there is supposed to be a similar park around 25 miles from London, that too can't seem to get off the ground.

Paramount used to own Terra Mitca (Also Murcia region in Spain) It was run badly, and has now been split into two parks, one with admission fee, and one where you ride by token.

Uni acutally owned (part owned?) PortaVentura near Barcelona, after Busch started, and Tussuads Group finished development.

It seems that that Spanish Themeparks don't work well!

Paramount also had a Star Trek experience touring the states which finished in Vegas, who knows if they still own rights!