Monsters Inc. Land | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We are NOT doing the "wait times equal popularity" discussion.
Right, because I can’t (or won’t) sit here and outline the metric WDW uses to calculate popularity. And I’m not talking about utilization, or GSM scores, or peak period guests carried… a popularity metric.

Which, btw, Muppets has not really done well in for a long time.

Like I said about TSI, I can relate to people who are disappointed in something getting shut down that they have a connection to, just like the savetoad.com people that time forgot. But anecdotal sample size of single digits doesn’t overrule literally millions of data points about things. I’ve come to realize that “turbocharge the parks business” means do something about the rides that have been on the table for ages.

Reactions: Jake S
E
Right, because I can’t (or won’t) sit here and outline the metric WDW uses to calculate popularity. And I’m not talking about utilization, or GSM scores, or peak period guests carried… a popularity metric.

Which, btw, Muppets has not really done well in for a long time.

Like I said about TSI, I can relate to people who are disappointed in something getting shut down that they have a connection to, just like the savetoad.com people that time forgot. But anecdotal sample size of single digits doesn’t overrule literally millions of data points about things. I’ve come to realize that “turbocharge the parks business” means do something about the rides that have been on the table for ages.
the muppets do not deserve to die a slow and painful death at the hands of Disney.

If this was MK or Epcot, I wouldn't have such an issue with the Muppet situation. The big issue here is that DHS has a severe capacity problem whereby their park wide average stand by actual times are 30% higher (Touring Plans) than the other three parks. DHS is a park that can least afford to shut down fairly popular attractions as they wait three years for replacement. Put a replacement where it does the least harm to overall capacity. Guest satisfaction, who pay the big bucks, should be paramount in decisions affecting their day in the park. When DHS is crowded, the shows and Star Tours are about the only alternative to standing in 1 to 2 hour lines on just about every ride.....And Disney wonders why guests, who stood in those super long lines in 2022 with covid revenge travel and not enough park capacity, aren't coming back. Perhaps their tech geniuses need new metric standards.

Last edited:
Let’s remember we don’t have any official confirmation yet where this land is going so let’s try to stay levelheaded.

Signed
Probably the least levelheaded Muppets supporter at the moment
I want to piggyback off Allison, for a moment here:

This thread has become very negative in the last day or two… and it’s ALL from speculation on what may or may not be replaced by this new addition. Not saying you can’t be upset about Muppets potentially leaving, but there’s a time and a place to express that, and right now is not either.

They’ll announce a location eventually, and we can have that discussion when those details are revealed… but as of this moment, we’re kind of wasting energy chirping back and forth at each other over whether we think that Muppets should go for this project.

There’re a lot of really great discussions that we could be having, right now, about this announcement, what we’d like to see/hope to see in it, but they’re being drowned out by everything else.

Let’s try to keep this focused on Monster’s Inc (and the door coaster many of us only believed we’d see in our dreams) and let the other talk die down until we have more information to discuss.

Thanks, everyone