Monsters Inc. Land | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If we don’t get any post D23 news on where Monsters Inc is going this week, I am very hopeful that the project is not replacing something beloved and it’s probably going in animation courtyard. If the Monster Inc project was replacing something beloved, like Muppet Vision, I would assume we would get an announcement this week similar to the Rivers of America news.

I think we’ll hear more next week.

Reactions: MikePat
Lots of choices for placement.

Behind Animation Building
Between Animation Building & RNRC to leave Animation Courtyard for future expansion space. Pathway connected through Sunset Blvd's Farmers Market, with an eventual path connection to Animation Courtyard. Smaller land, but doesn't appear their goal is to make it too huge.
1723555689737.png

Animation Building Full Replacement
Provides opportunity to have access from Sunset Blvd and into Animation Courtyard
1723555829965.png
Muppets Replacement
Fits well, without replacing much infrastructure (Mama Melrose/PizzeRizzo kitchens & bathrooms). Ride building can extend into cast parking.
1723556294360.png

Edit: Rumors swirling around Liberty Square being overtaken by Muppets... god help us

Last edited:
I think Laugh Floor could help DHS a ton. That's a solid show that people really seem to enjoy, myself included.

Little Mermaid and Disney Junior will have to go at some point, but I'm hoping for growth at this park too. The Door Coaster doesn't seem like it will help the family crowd issues plaguing Toy Story Land and M&M. We need a lot of little things to do for families. It's still crazy to me that they didn't take the opportunity with Toy Story Land to install a bunch of flats like they have in other parks, because that would be a legitimate and cheaper answer to this problem.

I'm hoping for growth at this park too. The Door Coaster doesn't seem like it will help the family crowd issues plaguing Toy Story Land and M&M. We need a lot of little things to do for families.
Not even just families, either.

Stuff -- significant stuff of value -- to do for people who don't want to spend all day in seven or eight 90+ minute lines.

Disney just needs to confirm where it's going and end this speculation, which isn't doing anybody any good.

If it's Animation Courtyard, they'll earn back a lot of goodwill. If it's Muppets, well, better to just let this be the bad news week instead of spilling over into another week and creating another unpleasant news cycle.
Just move the damn thing to magic eye or something.