Monsters Inc. Land | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Monsters Inc. Land

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dragonflier at Dollywood is the newest Vekoma Family Inverted I've ridden, and I really love that coaster. I don't think we'll see anywhere near the level of intensity as that one, but the comfortability and smoothness of these new Vekoma's is really wonderful, especially when compared to how rickety and bumpy every older Family Invert model is. There's a reason why Legoland FL got rid of Flight School. :dizzy:

I think an argument that I haven't seen is this - Disney should likely want to make additions rather than replacements, because that's exactly what Universal is doing down the road with EU.

Disney shouldn't want to have multiple large areas of the parks shut down for several years while Uni is opening a shiny brand new theme park down the road.

Reactions: Jake S and Freak
I think an argument that I haven't seen is this - Disney should likely want to make additions rather than replacements, because that's exactly what Universal is doing down the road with EU.

Disney shouldn't want to have multiple large areas of the parks shut down for several years while Uni is opening a shiny brand new theme park down the road.
I think something to keep in mind is that Magic Kingdom currently hosts nearly as many annual visitors as both dry Universal parks combined. That’s not an argument for the objective goodness of the Disney parks, of course, but it does speak to how much ground Universal has to make up before it’s seriously challenging Disney.

I agree, on principle. But, typically, operations will come to WDI and say “here are places where our capacity is underutilized,” and ask them to try to add interest and capacity back into those areas. That’s how we got Splash Mountain at Disneyland, to begin with. Why Winnie the Pooh replaced Jamboree over here. It’s the reason ROA is going down at the MK, Guardians replaced Energy Adventure and the list goes on and on and on.

It’s unfortunate, sometimes, but that’s the way things flow, as well.