Most missed ride at UO | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Most missed ride at UO

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which one do YOU miss most?

• Kongfrontation

Votes: 47 29.0%
  • Back to the Future....the Ride

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • Ghostbusters Spooktakular

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Triceratops Encounter

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Alfred Hitchcock: Art of Movie Making

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Murder She Wrote Mystery Theatre

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Nickelodeon Studios

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Jaws

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss BTTF. Knowing that I will never be able to ride it again unless I go to Universal in Japan. If you read my article though, I miss alot more, but another thing is the Psycho house and Bates Motel.

Slime Time Live was nifty too. It was odd to see the Nick Studios lay desolate when it was a lively place beforehand. Shame it left. Though Blue Man Group wasn't a bad trade off... Though it's now part of City Walk instead of Universal Studios...

Kong; I would take it over the mummy.
But that might be because i've been on it 732 times.

The slime fountain and time capsule were moved to the Nickelodeon hotel.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

The Slime Geyser in front of Soundstage 18 was removed in May 2005.
The trademark "Nickelodeon" sign above the facility was removed in January 2006.
A time capsule buried by the network in 1992 in front of Sound stage 18 was removed in August 2006 and was replaced with concrete. The time capsule contained items deemed important to the children of 1992 as voted upon by Nickelodeon viewers, including a new Nintendo Game Boy, an issue of Nickelodeon Magazine, a Home Alone VHS tape, clips of Nickelodeon station IDs and various other toys. The time capsule was scheduled to be opened on April 30, 2042, fifty years after its burial. The capsule was reburied at the Nickelodeon Family Suites in Orlando. It is still scheduled to be opened in 2042.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickelodeon_Family_Suites

I voted for Back To The Future because, while I am excited about the new Simpsons ride, I will always miss back to the future.
I dont really miss Kong that much because i enjoy The Mummy a little bit more than Kong.

I am sooo going to that Nickelodeon Family Suites I need to see that time capsule!... I kept picturing the day they would open it and i would try my hardest to be there the minute it does!

I'll rank them from most missed to least missed, though I miss all the attractions I've done:

1) Kongfrontation
2) Hanna-Barbera
3) Nick Studios
4) Back to the Future

The rest I never got a chance to experience. Most were gone before I ever knew about them (ie. Ghostbusters, Triceratops, Murder She Wrote, etc.). There were only a handful of attractions that I missed seeing when I was 7 (ie. WWWWSS and Hitchcock).

I only had the chance to ride BTTF: The Ride and experience Nickelodeon Studios once back in 2003. I will sorely miss Nick Studios but I never got the chance to love BTTF as a whole until nearly a year ago. I didn't appreciate it back when I was young. I followed Nick Studios most of my life with all the cool shows. It was amazing to see it in person finally and see a slime show.

I also miss Kongfrontation even though I never got the chance to ride on it. I always saw pictures and I wanted to see it so badly. When I saw the RotM construction, I was excited but extremely sad. RIP.

I grew up on Kong and BTTF, so I don't know which to choose. Kong was by far the favorite of the two, but the closing of BTTF had more of an impact on me because I followed it more. I'll wind up choosing Kong because I still have dreams of ROTM closing and Kong being rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.