Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Most Popular New Disney Ride in Summer 2021?

Summer 2021. What ride in Disney has the longest wait time?

• Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Tron

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flight of Passage

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Millennium Falcon Ride

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Battle Escape

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Slinky Dog Coaster

• 7 Dwarfs Mine Train

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Something Else

• Total voters
You guys are putting the SWGE rides too high for 2021 imo. Two slow loading coasters will be brand-spankin’ new, while SWGE will be close to 2 years old.

SW rides will have long rides, yes, but not longest come Summer 2021 specifically as the thread specifies.

Falcon, since it'll have a shorter capacity than Battle Escape (right?)

MK + Epcot have a lot of rides which I think will bring lines down.

DHS doesn't have many rides. That means every ride is a popular ride.

I have high hopes for Battle Escape. My hope is not a ride that only passes by scene's where the guest is watching passive but actually a ride that makes you feel you are in the real world.
The coasters don't do it for me, I road Ratatoille in Paris and was underwhelmed and maybe the Mickey ride is fine but I hate the art style of the cartoons it's based on.

I'm thinking that Battle Escape is going to disappoint a lot of people.
From what I have read you are going to un-board and re-board the ride vehicle several times during the ride. That sounds like a recipe for disaster. How would limited mobility people handle this? I am excited for the ride and the land but I going to error on the side of caution and expect to be underwhelmed. I know it probably is a minority opinion and I hope I am wrong.

You guys are putting the SWGE rides too high for 2021 imo. Two slow loading coasters will be brand-spankin’ new, while SWGE will be close to 2 years old.

SW rides will have long rides, yes, but not longest come Summer 2021 specifically as the thread specifies.

Sorry. I think that it was the title of the thread. I still believe that Battle will be the most popular ride. Falcon will be a close #2. However, the poll is about wait times and not popularity. Tron is a slow loader but it is going into a park with a lot of other options. I don't even know what Guardians capacity is but I could see it having some significant wait times due to the IP and not as many attractions as MK.

Still, I figure DHS won't have enough other rides to draw down the SW:GE crowds and so Battle will remain #1.

But what do I know?

Tron.

Even the though the franchise isn't as popular as SW or GotG, the ride itself is amazingly hyped. And rightfully so, it looks stunning. Compound that with the fact that it will have issues loading and the sheer "newness" of the attraction, I can see Tron having excruciating long wait times.

I too voted Tron for those exact same reasons.
Me three.

If Mine Train has taught me anything its that people are clamoring for more coasters in Magic Kingdom for some reason. The line for Mine Train is still the longest at WDW, with Slinky Dog right behind. Even Flight of Passage is calming down, but Mine Train still sees crazy long lines all day long.

I imagine a shiny new Tron coaster may have the same results.

I thought FoP still routinely had the longest waits?

I went with Tron in the end, simply due to recency. It's actually higher capacity than SDMT and of course cuts out a large chunk of the MK toddler population. In fact SDMT now routinely posts higher waits in Shanghai. I have no doubt they'll eventually be launching trains every 30 seconds or so like Shanghai, but probably not that first summer.

But... I literally anticipate it is opening in the summer of that year and of course that just bakes in longer lines regardless.

In terms of what attractions are/were worst for their respective full first year of operations I think it will be Flight of Passage and Millennium Falcon vying for the honour. With SDMT doomed to being a very low capacity attractions in a much more popular park than DAK or DHS.

The wildcard being Guardians for capacity, we pretty much know every other attractions capacity... SDMT/Flight of Passage are bad. Tron/SW attractions are mediocre. Mickey is supposedly decent and Ratatouille is actually quite high.

My understanding is FOP is also running at half capacity a lot of the time with two of the four theaters running and the other two cooling off.

My understanding is FOP is also running at half capacity a lot of the time with two of the four theaters running and the other two cooling off.
That's reportadly better(ish).

Wait Times right now via MDE app:

Mine Train: 95 mins
Flight of Passage: 90 mins
Slinky Dog Dash: 55 mins

Mine Train's popularity this far out from its opening astounds me.

That's reportadly better(ish).

Wait Times right now via MDE app:

Mine Train: 95 mins
Flight of Passage: 90 mins
Slinky Dog Dash: 55 mins

Mine Train's popularity this far out from its opening astounds me.
It's the newest ride at the most crowded park in the world. It'll stay pretty popular until Tron opens likely.