Most Underrated/Overrated | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Underrated/Overrated

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am a huge Shiekra fan myself so were good there :thumbs: as for the Magic Kingdom and Dumbo well look at my list. :lol:

I was kinda struggling for something. Generally when people think Busch Gardens they think Coasters...so I took that as a guideline. I'm not much of a fan of the Water rides at BG, but no one has ever tried to convince me otherwise. And I'm one of those people that absolutely loves SheKra. Soooo that leaves...

BGTs water rides are ancient, probably the firsts for Florida. It would be great to see them get a make over to match the rest of the newer rides and areas.

Magic Kingdom
Most Underrated: Jungle Cruise. Gets too little love--probably because of the variables. You need the right skipper and the right guests for it to work perfectly, but when it does, classic Disney.
Most Overrated: Disney's Electric Parade. A relic of the 1970s, was kitschy fun to have it back for a Summer, but the nostalgia quickly passed.

Epcot
Most Underrated: Saw someone get heat before, but Imagination. Sure it's crap compared to the original--true of everything in Future World--but it's still a nice little C-ticket with some cool effects and a catchy song.
Most Overrated: Soarin'. A D-ticket, not the greatest WDW ride as it is so often hyped, not worth a 2-hour wait. They took out Kitchen Kabaret for this???

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Most Underrated: Citizens of Hollywood--strong improv comedians, never seem to get the recognition they deserve. Runner-up is High Octane Refreshments--better people-watching and fewer crowds than Tune-In Lounge.
Most Overrated: Great Movie Ride. The fanbois love it, but so dated it's laughable. Casting is uneven, too--for every great gangster, I've had two who just shouldn't be on stage.

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Most Underrated: Tiger trek (forget real name). Everything you could want in an animal exhibit, perfectly themed. Also the under-appreciated Dawa Bar.
Most Overrated: Everything else in the park that isn't FotLK, Nemo or Dawa Bar.

Universal Studios Florida
Most Underrated: Horror Make-up Show. I would argue the funniest show in Orlando (Beetlejuice is a close runner-up here).
Most Overrated: Rip Ride Rockit. The music gimmick doesn't save it from being just an alright coaster.

Islands of Adventure
Most Underrated: The Lorax in Seuss Landing. In maybe a 100-foot path, conveys the entire story through scupture. Most guests don't even realize it's there. If I Ran the Zoo could also fit here.
Most Overrated: The Three Broomsticks. The food isn't great,service is slow, and I think the Hogshead crams more theming in its smaller space.

SeaWorld Orlando
Most Underrated: Blue Horizons. Doesn't get the love of Shamu or Clyde & Seymore, but easily my favorite show in the park--a great mix of animal and human entertainers.
Most Overrated: Journey to Atlantis. No matter how often I ride, no idea WTF is going on. And the effects are cheesily bad.

Okay, so here goes. Mainly making these decisions off of the general park populace.

Magic Kingdom

Underrated: Tomorrowland Transit Authority - For the many reasons people have already stated.
Overrated: Peter Pan - ET does flying over stuff better.

Epcot

Underrated: The Land - I don't think enough people know of the true awesome that is The Land
Overrated: Soarin - I love the soundtrack and the scents, everything else can bugger off. Oh, you made the concept out of an old Erector Set? BFD!

Hollywood Studios

Underrated: Walt Disney: One Man's Dream - Really cool, and air conditioned, look at the history of Disney and the parks. I love the models.
Overrated: Lights, Motor, Action - Bland, Dumb, and another negative adjective.

Animal Kingdom

Underrated: Any of the animal exhibits - The animals are usually very active and overall a very fun experience.
Overrated: Everest - It's a shameful shell of its former self. Saturday Night Fever starring the Yeti!

Universal Studios

Underrated: Horror Make Up Show - Again, for all the reasons people have stated.
Overrated: Rip, Ride, Rockit - You can listen to music....on a roller coaster??!!11?! No way!

Islands of Adventure

Underrated: Doctor Doom's Fearfall - I dunno, I've always really enjoyed that one. Great views.
Overrated: A tough one, but I will say Dudley Do Right's - Hurt my back a little last time I went on it.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (since I live in Virginia)

Underrated: Escape from Pompeii - It's a nice little ride with a couple of cool special effects.
Overrated: Okay so for some reason in Virginia, Pirates 4-D is always super packed and usually gets a good response from the audience. I swear we don't put anything in the water.

Magic Kingdom
Most Underrated: Hall of Presidents or Carousel of Progress
Most Overrated: Space Mountain

Epcot
Most Underrated: Living With The Land
Most Overrated: Soarin'

Most Underrated: Great Movie Ride
Most Overrated: Rockin Roller Coaster

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Most Underrated: Dinosaur
Most Overrated: Expedition Everest

Most Underrated: Beetle Juice Show
Most Overrated: Shrek

Islands of Adventure
Most Underrated: One Fish, Two Fish
Most Overrated: Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls

SeaWorld Orlando
Most Underrated: Wild Arctic
Most Overrated: Penguin Encounter (Glad they're redoing it!)

Busch Gardens Tampa:
Most Underrated: ????
Most Overrated: Rhino Rally

Magic Kingdom
Most Underrated: People Mover. But that works out fine for me...no line :)
Most Overrated: Peter freaking Pan. An awful ride in every way.

Epcot
Most Underrated: Universe of Energy. I am a firm believer in Evolution, the Big Bang, and Bill Nye and it's nice to see Disney not shy from controversial subjects.
Most Overrated: Soarin'. Fine ride, but not worth the hype and queue.

Most Underrated: One Man's Dream.
Most Overrated: Fant!

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Most Underrated: The animal trails.
Most Overrated: Everest, I guess.

Most Underrated: Horror Makeup definitely. Same show every time and it still has me laughing.
Most Overrated: The Mummy. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Islands of Adventure
Most Underrated: One Fish Two Fish. I like the water elements to the classic spinner. It's engaging and endearing.
Most Overrated: Butterbeer.

SeaWorld Orlando
Most Underrated: Kraken. It's one of my favorite coasters despite it's boring scenery.
Most Overrated: The Penguin exhibit. I'd love an expansion.

Busch Gardens Tampa
Most Underrated: Kumba (my first real coaster). I could ride it for hours.
Most Overrated: Not sure. Haven't been there in a very long time.

Last edited:
Magic Kingdom
Overrated: Dumbo, a basic flat ride that gets wait times as high as 90 minutes
Underrated: Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot
Overrated: Maelstrom
Underrated: none that I can think of

Hollywood Studios
Overrated: Great Movie Ride
Underrated: None that I can think of

Animal Kingdom
Overrated: Expedition Everest
Underrated: Dinosaur

Overrated: The Simpsons Ride
Underrated: Jaws

Islands of Adventure
Overrated: Trolley Train Ride
Underrated: Dueling Dragons-Ice

I can't really think of anything for Seaworld

- - - Updated - - -

Magic Kingdom
Overrated: Dumbo, a basic flat ride that gets wait times as high as 90 minutes
Underrated: Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot
Overrated: Maelstrom
Underrated: none that I can think of

Hollywood Studios
Overrated: Great Movie Ride
Underrated: None that I can think of

Animal Kingdom
Overrated: Expedition Everest
Underrated: Dinosaur

Overrated: The Simpsons Ride
Underrated: Jaws

Islands of Adventure
Overrated: Trolley Train Ride
Underrated: Dueling Dragons-Ice

I can't really think of anything for Seaworld

I'm bored, I might as well add my two cents :p

Magic Kingdom
MOST UNDERRATED: Stitch's Great Escape--forget what used to be there, it's still a very unique and one-of-a-kind theme park experience. I don't see anything like it anywhere else and I think more people would appreciate it had it not been for Alien Encounter. I would say the TTA, but everyone here seems to love it already.
MOST OVERRATED: Peter Pan--seriously have never seen the appeal of this one. It's loud, squeaky, cheap, weird, hard to hear, hard to follow, small, cheesy, and always draws in huge lines.

Epcot
MOST UNDERRATED: The American Adventure--it's tucked away in the very back and rarely is full but when I get to see it, I always get goosebumps. Not only is it a great showcase of American history, it's a great showcase of storytelling technology, from revolutionary scene changes and innovative animatronics. And it's in a beautiful venue too.
MOST OVERRATED: Definitely Soarin'. It's good, but not worth such a long line in such a boring building. The whole thing, from the showbuilding being visible from World Showcase to the awkward queue and exit to it's California video, this one's just too lazy of an effort to get worked up about.

Hollywood Studios
MOST UNDERRATED: The Great Movie Ride--Disney's best dark ride. Amazing, huge, immersive sets, a healthy length, a unique role for the live tour guides, and an overall great ride! This one always leaves me smiling it is just magnificent.
MOST OVERRATED: Fantasmic--I never understand what exactly those thousands of people are lining up for. As if the show wasn't weird enough, it's far inferior to its Disneyland cousin. Maybe I'd like it more if the crowds weren't so outrageous.

Animal Kingdom
MOST UNDERRATED: Dinosaur--in my opinion the most underrated attraction on Disney property. I love the EMV technology and while I admit it's inferior to Indy, it's still got lots of cool effects and realistic sets. And the intensity is unprecedented for a Disney ride these days. I love this one, my favorite at the World!
MOST OVERRATED: Festival of the Lion King--never saw the huge appeal, like I get that the songs are moving, but I don't like the flimsy look of the sets and props, and I've seen the Broadway show which obviously has better production value. Don't get the hype, unless it's just people desperate for something to do at AK and will take what they can get lol.

Universal Studios
MOST UNDERRATED: T2-3-D-- Hands down the best 3-D show of all time. I mean, it's directed by James Cameron himself! And it holds a record for most expensive film-per-minute ever. I love the execution (generally believable, and little suspension of disbelief is needed as is with most theme park attractions), the effects are still breathtaking, and the whole thing has just been kept up so well. I can't believe people are calling for this one to get taken out.
MOST OVERRATED: Shrek 4-D--terrible show. Theming is non-existent in the theatre, the film execution makes no sense, the seats are ridiculously noisy and move at times where they shouldn't...like someone else said, I can't believe Shrek is used to promote USF with a terrible show like this.

Islands of Adventure
MOST UNDERRATED: Dragon Challenge--I rarely see a line for this one, and its proximity to such a major player like FJ, plus its reputation as being a vomit-inducer, hurts this one I think, but it really is the best coaster on property...it combines high-speed loops, relentless energy, unique maneuvers, and comparatively strong theming for a coaster all in inverted form...love it.
MOST OVERRATED: The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride--always more than half an hour to ride this when I walk past. Really? I know queue time isn't a measure of popularity but the fact that people are willing to wait that long is beyond me. It's short, strange, and really really boring.

SeaWorld
MOST UNDERRATED: The Wild Arctic--love how the simulator transports you to the exhibit, it makes the actual pavilion seem all the more authentic, and the theming inside is great. The simulator is actually good too, for not being one of the major theme parks. In my opinion, it's better than the original Star Tours.
MOST OVERRATED: Kraken--I love the ride, but I don't get what makes it so unique. The floorless feature is useless unless you happen to be sitting in the front, and it really doesn't get that much speed; all the maneuvers are handled pretty gently. I don't get the love for it.

Busch Gardens
MOST UNDERRATED: Montu--fantastic layout, breakneck pacing, and tons of inversions...the only thing that puts it above Kumba in my book is its inverted feature and the fact that they actually attempted theming, which comes off as pretty good.
MOST OVERRATED: Cheetah Hunt--overhyped new ride that in reality is slow, long, and dull. And seriously, if the vehicles are cheetahs, why do we climb to the top of that tower (which slows the pace down so badly) and then do a zero-G roll?! I would never wait more than 5 minutes for this one but honestly, I don't even know if it's worth the 3 minutes it takes to ride.

Magic Kingdom
Most Underrated: People Mover
Most Overrated: Peter Pan

Epcot
Most Underrated: Mexico Boat Ride - I freaking love this thing for reasons I do not know.
Most Overrated: Soarin - Just not that cool to me.

Most Underrated: Great Movie Ride - Another one I just can't explain. Just brings back fragments of very old memories.
Most Overrated: Star Tours - Least fun simulator to me, and I love Star Wars.

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Most Underrated: Dinosaur
Most Overrated: Not sure

Most Underrated: Twister - I think it can be pretty intense at times.
Most Overrated: MiB - This was a hard decision, I do like MiB, but not as much as some other people do.

Islands of Adventure
Most Underrated: Poseidon's Fury - Bad ending I admit, but I still do this every time I go.
Most Overrated: Everything is amazing!

SeaWorld Orlando
Most Underrated: Hmm...can't think of one..
Most Overrated: Shark Encounter

Busch Gardens Tampa
Most Underrated: Skyride - This thing provides amazing views.
Most Overrated: The Train - Only a small part of it gives good views.

Interesting thread.

Magic Kingdom
MOST UNDERRATED: Stitchs Great Escape - One of my favorite dark attractions. Add a few more elements and updates this could be something.
OVERRATED: Splash Mountain - So boring and dull IMO. didn't even get wet.

Epcot
MOST UNDERRATED: The Ride In Mexico land, I forget what it is but it's excellent. Also like to add "The Land" is underrated as well.
MOST OVERRATED: Soarin. It was okay.

Hollywood Studios
MOST UNDERRATED: The Great Movie Ride - Enjoyed it, very interesting ride. Hate the queue but everything else was cool.
MOST OVERRATED: The Backlot Tour thing - Had some nice elements over all boring and a waste of time.

Animal Kingdom
MOST UNDERRATED: Dinosaur - Best Disney attraction they have IMO.
MOST OVERRATED: Kali River Rapids - No sound effects, boring, didn't get wet, scenery was nice.

Universal Studios

MOST UNDERRATED: Terminator 2 3D - Still an awesome show. Seen it numerous of times and it gets me everytime. Also RRR. A great coaster, never had any problems. Great addition and mix to the park.
MOST OVERRATED: Simpsons - Back to The Future was a better simulator. Shrek 4D is better than this ride and I have no dout Transformers will be.

Islands of Adventure
MOST UNDERRATED: Use to be Flying Unicorn but as it's theming was changed , it fits right in and just seems bland enough to pass as a mini coaster near Dueling Dragon but, for the time being it's Posiedons Furry, and Dr Dooms FearFall for me. Two great attractions.
MOST OVERRATED: Forbidden Journey - I like the new innovative robotic arm, but the Harry Potter storey line is confusing. I just feel like more could have been put into it if you are going to go all out anyway.

SeaWorld
MOST UNDERRATED: The Wild Arctic - Still a great simulator that gets you involved!!
MOST OVERRATED: Turtle Trek - Great idea, but feel like it's just a one or two time thing when more could have been put into the actual area they have for the ride.

Busch Gardens
MOST UNDERRATED: Kumba - Still knocks a punch for excitement. I'll throw Scorpion in as well.
MOST OVERRATED: None.

Bumping this thread to throw in my two cents.

Magic Kingdom
Overrated: Peter Pan's Flight and 7DMT. Might be enjoyable rides if they didn't have ungodly long waits. I could put several in this category of course.
Underrated: Winnie the Pooh. Maybe from having never experienced Mr. Toad's or Honey Hunt (and likely never will) but very enjoyable attraction with nice interactive queue, always been biased towards these characters. IDK if TTA or COP can count as "underrated."

Epcot
Overrated: Soarin'. Not much more I can say that hasn't been said.
Underrated: I would say Living With the Land, but it gets long waits and is loved among theme park fans. So I'm going to say the Germany pavilion--especially Sommerfest, which DIS put as the second worst quick service place at Epcot. I think the bratwurst there is delish, though. Germany might be my favorite country at Epcot.

Hollywood Studios
Overrated: Slinky Dog Dash. Note I haven't been on MFSR yet, was considering putting TSM here but that's too common. It's a nice little kiddie coaster, but hyping it up as an E-ticket is...:eek:O:
Underrated: Alien Swirling Saucers. Having never seen this type of ride system before I was quite fascinated with it.

Animal Kingdom (easiest BY FAR)
Overrated: FotLK. I...I just don't get it. Loud, annoying, and uncomfortable. One of if not the most overrated attractions in Central FL.
Underrated: Dinosaur. Maybe it's because I have never experienced Indy. But I love this ride. I think the darkness works in its favor, and the ride creates a true sense of panic. Aside from AE this is the closest to HHN Disney will come. Granted, I'm the guy whose favorite house at HHN this year might be Depths of Fear, so this type of horror works on me.
(Honorable mention: the animal treks, especially Maharajah...duh.)

Overrated: Fallon. I've voiced my opinions on this...um, thing...enough.
Underrated: Horror Makeup Show. It's edgy, it's hilarious, and it's educational. This attraction gives Universal its own unique identity.

Islands of Adventure
Overrated: Hulk. Just much too rough to enjoy unless you get an inner seat (which never happens to me). Inferior to its Florida B&M sisters except probably Kraken and will soon be obsolete as a launch coaster when Velocicoaster opens.
Underrated: Poseidon's Fury. Again, I just don't get the hate towards this attraction. It's a structural marvel with some amazing effects, and all around a very unique experience. I wish they could find a way to re-theme just the Middle East area (throw in a D-ticket Zelda ride to replace Sinbad) and leave the Lost City area as is.

SeaWorld Orlando
Overrated: The animal shows. IJDC, and I think they're better off from a PR perspective moving away from these.
Underrated: This is the hardest one. I would say Mako since it never has any wait, but it along with everything I like here has good reception. I guess the Sea Lion area is cool?

Busch Gardens Tampa
Overrated: Cobra's Curse. Good for what it is, fits a niche but my god what a capacity nightmare.
Underrated: Montu. Cheetah Hunt gets the most love from the GP and Kumba gets the most love from the coaster enthusiasts, Montu doesn't seem to get much recognition from either. Best coaster in FL for thrills IMO, at least until April. :)

Last edited:
Here's your template:

Magic Kingdom
Most Underrated: Country Bear Jamboree (it's funny... a good guilty pleasure)
Most Overrated: Amongst fans Enchanted Tiki Room (Was better when it was Under New Management :eek:ut:)

Epcot
Most Underrated: Living With the Land (I love this as much as Soarin/Test Track)
Most Overrated: Mission Space... I feel like it's showing it's age

Most Underrated: Fantasmic (I know its' pretty loved, but I think it's the best theme park show of all time and everyone should feel the same way!)
Most Overrated: Beauty in the Beast live on stage

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Most Underrated:Tough to Be A Bug
Most Overrated: Kali River Rapids (One of the worst rapids rides I've ever been on, most likely your average six flags raft ride is better)

Most Underrated: The Simpsons ( I might be a bit biased)
Most Overrated:Minions... (I prefer Shrek and Jimmy Neutron)

Islands of Adventure
Most Underrated: Poseidon's Fury (really cool attraction)
Most Overrated: Incredible Hulk... (This coaster just isn't my favorite... it's always done a number on me)

SeaWorld Orlando
Most Underrated: Antarctica: Empire Of The Penguin (I thought it was cute)
Most Overrated: Journey Into Atlantis (In it's current state)

Busch Gardens Tampa
Most Underrated: N/A
Most Overrated: N/A

Magic Kingdom
Underrated: Carousel of Progress
Overrated: Buzz Lightyear, it's bad.

Epcot
Underrated: Journey into Imagination, it's still a good ride!
Overrated: Test Track, riding Radiator Springs Racers at DCA spoiled me

Hollywood Studios
Underrated: Citizens of Hollywood
Overrated: Toy Story Mania... long lines for a video game.

Animal Kingdom
Underrated: Rivers of Light soundtrack, I dare to say its one of the best created. (original show, not the new trash)
Overrated: Kali Rapids, yikes.

Universal Studios Escape From Florida
Underrated: Horror Make-Up, every time I watch it makes me smile
Overrated: Simpsons Ride

Islands of Adventure
Underrated: Cat in the Hat, needs an update but it's really good.
Overrated: Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry... Forbidden Journey, its good but not "god tier"

SeaWorld/Busch
Underrated: Journey into Atlantis, unique and thrilling while still having some sort of story
Overrated: Kumba, just ok

Reactions: jrn14
Magic Kingdom
Underrated: Carousel of Progress
Overrated: Buzz Lightyear, it's bad.

Epcot
Underrated: Journey into Imagination, it's still a good ride!
Overrated: Test Track, riding Radiator Springs Racers at DCA spoiled me

Hollywood Studios
Underrated: Citizens of Hollywood
Overrated: Toy Story Mania... long lines for a video game.

Animal Kingdom
Underrated: Rivers of Light soundtrack, I dare to say its one of the best created. (original show, not the new trash)
Overrated: Kali Rapids, yikes.

Universal Studios Escape From Florida
Underrated: Horror Make-Up, every time I watch it makes me smile
Overrated: Simpsons Ride

Islands of Adventure
Underrated: Cat in the Hat, needs an update but it's really good.
Overrated: Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry... Forbidden Journey, its good but not "god tier"

SeaWorld/Busch
Underrated: Journey into Atlantis, unique and thrilling while still having some sort of story
Overrated: Kumba, just ok

FJ's achilles heel is without a doubt the story. That said, it might be for the best that it's the way it is. Look what happened with Galaxy's Edge--Disney tried to fit it within the story, to much disappointment. If Uni had tried to fit FJ into the same continuity, it would've been much the same way. BTTF was able to do this, but many properties just can't do that.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Fun thread! My take...

MAGIC KINGDOM
Overrated - Peter Pan’s Flight
Underrated - Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

EPCOT
Overrated - Soarin’
Underrated - Impressions de France

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
Overrated - Toy Story Mania
Underrated - Hard to call either Muppet*Vision or Indiana Jones truly underrated, but they’re the closest things that qualify in that park.

ANIMAL KINGDOM
Overrated - Flight of Passage
Underrated - Dinosaur

ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE
Overrated - I don’t believe there is one! Never been on Hulk, so can't comment!
Underrated - Poseidon’s Fury

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FLORIDA
Overrated - Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. The most overrated attraction in Orlando.
Underrated - Horror Make-Up Show

It's worth saying I don't think any of my "overrated" picks are bad.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Looking over my post from 7 (!) years ago, I wish I could say I was precognitive because DEP and GMR ride are gone. But sadly so are High Octane, half the Citizens and Blue Horizons.

Also I don't know that Three Broomsticks is as hyped as it was at opening. And the rest of the community seems to have come around on Journey to Atlantis, which is the biggest head-scratcher as to how it still stands.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95