Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

i'm really loving this idea, but could they pull off two dark rides directly next door? it would be the best way to tell the story, and it would certainly work well for grinchmas with all the kids. but for arguments sake, what other ride styles could work for this?

i'm really loving this idea, but could they pull off two dark rides directly next door? it would be the best way to tell the story, and it would certainly work well for grinchmas with all the kids. but for arguments sake, what other ride styles could work for this?

They could have a slower-moving dark-ride in and around the mountain, very similar to the defunct Alpine Sleighs attraction at the defunct Six Flags Astroworld, seen here.

The ride could either be a simple tour of the Grinch's lair, or it could tell the story of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. It could also be a variety of rides- a more tame, slower-moving dark-ride like High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride, a more intense dark-ride like The Cat in the Hat, or an out-of-control roller coaster ride (bobsleds, anybody? :))

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the Ride:

How about a tracked ride where you go around stealing presents and food after which you then climb up a lift hill to the top of mount crumpet in order to dump the presents. There you see Whoville celebrating without presents, but the sleigh topples over the edge and the sleigh cars go down a drop and some coaster track taking you back into Whoville to return the presents and the Grinch's heart grows. Maybe even a Pepper's ghost shows our hearts growing a few sizes as well.

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there but today Universal sent me one of those surveys asking about good ideas for kid rides and parades, I think I remember seeing the grinch someone where, but they also had Popeye and Nick toons so idk

yeah, there's a new survey asking about kids shows/rides. they have nick toons, nintendo wii, madagascar, ice age, popeye, dr. Seuss, and a few others.

matterhornislandsg.jpg

We can dream :p

I think that they don't need to take away the one fish, two.... ride and could just add the whoville area to the lift of one fish, two ect. and put the huge ride to the left of the CAt and the HAt

What's pretty cool to me is that picture has the walking path for Field of Screams either before the corn was planted or after the event was over.

As said before, One Fish, Two Fish could easily be relocated elsewhere in the island. Mount Crumpit, as Disneyhead suggested, could be a coaster with a bit more thrill than Hippogriff / Woody Woodpecker, but still be aimed at families.

You have to realize that is just an image posted with the matterhorn cropped into it. A coaster with theming and all that size or even a bit smaller would never fit in that space with the land needed even if One fish two fish was gone.

That space where the matterhorn image is cropped is the size of One Fish Two Fishe's area....so its not going to fit much on anything of that level. I do agree it would be a neat idea.

The thing is Universal does not want too much Grinch other than Grinchmas. If you make a permanant mt. Crumpit and roll with him too much then it takes some of the speciality away from the holiday season where they get a big pull of people interested in seeing The Grinch and christmas suess stytle from the Whos.