Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

That space where the matterhorn image is cropped is the size of One Fish Two Fishe's area....so its not going to fit much on anything of that level. I do agree it would be a neat idea.

Actually, the space it's cropped into is both One Fish, Two Fish and[u/] currently-undeveloped space behind it. The representation of Matterhorn in that picture is actual-size- both maps were at the same distance. In other words, a ride the same size as Matterhorn (perhaps even a tad bigger) could fit there, and look great. Now will Universal ever do something like this? That's a different story... :rolleyes:

As much as i would enjoy this kind of development, after Potter opens i don't think Universal is going to turn their attention to relocating OFTFRFBF for another major dark ride. I think the bobsleds going around Mt. Crumpit would be awesome, but too similar to Matterhorn. If some other major attraction were put forward...maybe they would be tempted to use that space.

Actually, the space it's cropped into is both One Fish, Two Fish and[u/] currently-undeveloped space behind it. The representation of Matterhorn in that picture is actual-size- both maps were at the same distance. In other words, a ride the same size as Matterhorn (perhaps even a tad bigger) could fit there, and look great. Now will Universal ever do something like this? That's a different story... :rolleyes:

The map is of a bird's eye view perspective. It's not a good representation of how much space will be taken up. From an aerial view however, you get a better idea.

Untitled-1.jpg

^Still plenty of room for our own mountain :D
Although I'm doubtful we'll ever get a permanent Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing, you have to admit it'd be a good expansion- it'd fit the whimsical appearance found through-out Seuss Landing, it'd be a new attraction for families that'd draw more guests to the park, and it'd be an impressive icon for the area.

let's assume that universal has scoped out all the remaining areas around IOA and has plans for attractions in those areas some time in the future. I think it's safe to say that this area would be one of those places that they have plans.

They must have meeting all the time, brainstorming on what the next project should be and where it should be.

I wouldnt be surprised if they have a couple great ideas written down already.

Well if they are anything like Disney, then they probably have hundreds of ideas and concepts.

The 'imagineers' over at Disney have hundreds of concepts: and that's just from resumes! I'm sure there are thousands of designs and concepts from the actual teams.

god that would be so freak'n awesome to have that kind of job. I'm going into engineering... so... :D

And don't any of you rain on my parade! I have read plenty of articles that show just how nearly impossible it is to get that kind of job. But I can still dream, aye?

Via Screamscape:

Rumor - (7/18/12) With all the focus on Universal Studios Florida, fans of Islands of Adventure maybe wondering when IOA will get another new attraction. Sure, IOA will be linked with USF via the Hogwarts Express, but what then? Other than the Wizarding World the rest of IOA has mostly remained unchanged since it opened in 1999.
There have been a few major attractions rumored over the years since then which failed to get off the ground at the time, but one of these may be coming back for a second chance. According to the latest buzz, IOA’s next big attraction will be due to premier the year following Potter’s Phase 2 roll out, which would put it around 2016 or so. If things hold true between now and then, we can expect to possibly see that long rumored Grinch / Mt. Crumpet themed coaster ride added to Seuss Landing in an interesting location. I’ve been told that the Grinch coaster proposal may see it added as a replacement to Poseidon’s Fury, possibly even reusing the attraction structure after some cosmetic changes of course.
Technically Posiedon’s Fury is in what remains of the Lost Continent section of the park, so this would allow for Seuss Landing to expand beyond the borders of it’s own “Island” to take it over. This would also leave Mythos and the Sinbad stunt show as the only remaining pieces of the Lost Continent, expected to stay as they are for years to come. This isn’t the first time Universal Creative have pitched putting a coaster inside Poseidon’s Fury, as it was the original location pitched for the Gringott’s bank coaster before it all moved over to USF.
As for the ride itself… look for this to be a good fun for all coaster experience without any inversions. Beyond that, the only other interesting rumor I’ve heard is that Universal has been keeping a careful eye on Verbolten at Busch Gardens Williamsburg which features an exciting free-fall trick track section that could be put to use on Grinch. That said, I’d expect that they have also been talking with Vebolten’s creator, Zierer, about this as well. Stay tuned…

I know he's lost a lot of credibility, but Mount Crumpit is a cool concept, so I figured it was at least worth sharing. It definitely sounds wrong, keeping only a show and a restaurant in a land, so putting it in place of PF is probably bogus, but he may be right about the ride being reconsidered.

I know he's lost a lot of credibility, but Mount Crumpit is a cool concept, so I figured it was at least worth sharing. It definitely sounds wrong, keeping only a show and a restaurant in a land, so putting it in place of PF is probably bogus, but he may be right about the ride being reconsidered.

I'm glad you posted it, and thank you. I honestly never heard that concept/plan before. And I hope you didn't take my post as a slap on you.

As for a Seuss addition, isn't there an expansion plot already in Seuss Landing?