Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Could someone who knows tell me if Mythos still gets long waits? I believe they close significantly earlier than the rest of the park? I love that restaurant to death, but it really is a mystery to most people. You can't see how beautiful it is inside unless you sneak in to use the bathroom or walk around the back dock area, or of course just eat there. Point being, most people don't know how nice it is inside and perhaps it actually needs a refresher.

On the other hand, the executives use it as a nice meeting place in the private room, much of the Potter hoo-hah went down in there.

Even though it may be a far-fetched rumor, I love this idea! I've been wanting a Mount Crumpet ride for the longest time, and feel Seuss Landing is long overdue for a new attraction. I know I'm in the slim minority here, but I won't miss Mythos if it goes bye-bye. The restaurant's theming is fantastic, but as someone who doesn't care for formal, sit-down dining in theme parks, I've only been there once, and wasn't greatly impressed with the food. Unlike Amity's death, I fully embrace killing off the rest of the LC. The LC was crippled by the WWOP, why not put it out of it's misery and finish what Potter started. I say expand Seuss Landing and Mount Crumpet to where Poseiden's Fury and Mythos is, and expand Potter to where Sinbad and the bazaar area is. Just my opinion.

I'm not saying Mythos is untouchable but I don't think Universal wants to mess with it's crown yet, they have an expansion plot in Seuss Landing.

IMO, I think they should keep LC, but mess with it a bit.

Replace Poseidon with a slow moving dark ride where you explore Atlantis and come face to face with Poseidon, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Then, as they're knocking down Water World in Hollywood for Potter, knock down Sinbad and replace it with the transferred WW show. WW is apparently one of, if not the, best stunt shows in theme parks, and this would be the perfect opportunity to bring it over here.

Replace Poseidon with a slow moving dark ride where you explore Atlantis and come face to face with Poseidon, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Then, as they're knocking down Water World in Hollywood for Potter, knock down Sinbad and replace it with the transferred WW show. WW is apparently one of, if not the, best stunt shows in theme parks, and this would be the perfect opportunity to bring it over here.

It is THE best stunt show in any theme park. The fact that it survived the horrible reception of the film and continues to pack houses today proves as much today. The finale is amazing. PLUS, during HHN, they used to do SlaughterWorld, which was a lot of fun.

Also, can't beat this:

[video=youtube;dKs1KPoDZNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKs1KPoDZNY&feature=relmfu[/video]

Last edited:
I do remember seeing Waterworld when I was in Hollywood 4 years ago, I thought it was really good. It would be nice to have it in Orlando. I like your dark ride idea as well Skip - I'm imagining it looking a bit more like the original Journey to Atlantis art which was eventually replaced by what is now PF.

But with Mythos, yeah, leave it alone :lol: It's probably the best theme park restaurant in the world, if it got the chop while things like the Toon Lagoon theatre remain standing I would be seriously ragein'!

I think a dark ride in any form would be welcome in IOA.

And WW is as good as Sinbad is terrible. I'd love to see it in Orlando.

I don't think it's a Dark Ride Islands of Adventure needs, they have 3, significantly more than most parks. They also have a couple hybrids, of out door rides, with inside show scenes. I think what would contribute nicely to the park is a dark coaster. Mount Crumpit would fit nicely.

I don't think it's a Dark Ride Islands of Adventure needs, they have 3, significantly more than most parks. They also have a couple hybrids, of out door rides, with inside show scenes. I think what would contribute nicely to the park is a dark coaster. Mount Crumpit would fit nicely.

They don't have and "dark rides" though. All of them have height requirements or restrictive movements involved. They need one that everyone can ride comfortably.

They don't have any "dark rides" though. All of them have height requirements or restrictive movements involved. They need one that everyone can ride comfortably.

I agree. Especially with Gringott's having another dark coaster, a family ride is what the resort needs.

I think it's a general consensus that IOA needs more family attractions. It's a bit ironic that the original second gate concept was targeted towards younger guests and IOA ended up being a thrill-heavy park. If UC can find ways to add more family attractions without removing the headliners, I'm all for it.

What would you guys think if Mount Crumpit wasn't a coaster, but more like Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea?

Put waterworld in toon theater. Make Sinbad a wizard duel show or something potter. Maybe a good frogs choir as opposed to the frogs quartet thing they have going on now. PF goes to Seuss for Mt Crumpit and maybe make Mythos into a whoville attraction.

Put waterworld in toon theater. Make Sinbad a wizard duel show or something potter. Maybe a good frogs choir as opposed to the frogs quartet thing they have going on now. PF goes to Seuss for Mt Crumpit and maybe make Mythos into a whoville attraction.

Water World doesn't really fit into the theme over there.

And to be honest, a wizard dual show would looks SUPER cheesy.

It is an age old discussion or quandary but Lord of The Rings is a very popular fanbase they could likely bring in some aspects of in order to get another rush of extreme fandom. Nowhere near as big of a seller as Potter but another huge strike in pop culture.

Either way I don't think too much will happen on such a large scale in the near future. We have plenty of the big guns going on and the smaller projects around and to the soon future to look forward to.

Yeap and the great thing about LOTR is it keeps to the IOA theme of all properties started off as books/comics/printed materials.

The only things I could think they could do with Poseidons is turn it into the Mines of Moria or possible the Misty Mountain for Hobbit.

I would LOVE to see the LC transformed into Middle Earth! That's probably the best idea yet. But unfortunately doubt it will ever happen. I was hoping Amity was being replaced with LOTR, but to my dismay, we're getting more Potter.

The 3 best ideas for LC:

1. Transform the remaining LC into Middle Earth.

2. Keep the remaining LC as it's currently themed, but add some kind of new attraction. Perhaps transform Poseiden's Fury into a ride loosely based on Clash/Wrath of the Titans.

3. If the remaining LC isn't going to get any TLC, then as I said before, kill it off. Absorb one half into Potter for some new live show, and absorb the other half into Seuss Landing for Mount Crumpet.