Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it would be a family thrill ride, though. Verbolten is probably a great comparison. From what I've followed, it's fast, elaborate, thrilling, and still appealing to the younger demographic as a "first coaster" title. If Mount Crumpit happens, I assume it would be of a similar stature. If done right, it could attract the audiences of Flight of the Hippogryph and Dragons Challenge. Uni would just have to be careful that there aren't too many parallels to matterhorn, or fanbois and media alike are going to have a field day.

Could someone who knows tell me if Mythos still gets long waits? I believe they close significantly earlier than the rest of the park? I love that restaurant to death, but it really is a mystery to most people. You can't see how beautiful it is inside unless you sneak in to use the bathroom or walk around the back dock area, or of course just eat there. Point being, most people don't know how nice it is inside and perhaps it actually needs a refresher.

On the other hand, the executives use it as a nice meeting place in the private room, much of the Potter hoo-hah went down in there.

I was there a month ago, and even though I had a reservation, I had to wait around 10-20 minutes, and a lot of people wanted to eat there. Now maybe it's because the summer season is the best time to have the restaurant open since a lot of people go in the summer. But other than that I have no idea about non-peak seasons. I will tell that it's not open as long in non-peak as it is in peak time. It's still a very popular restaurant as the place was packed. The food was great, the service was spectacular, and the theming is out of this world. I can't see Mythos being replaced, because it is so darn good! And PF is not that bad of a show either. As I said it makes no sense expanding Suess Landing into Lost Continent, unless Universal would want to close that area for MASSIVE, UNNECESSARY renovations. I think the Hogwarts Express Station is the last expansion Harry Potter will have in IOA, and Suess landing will not be entering the Lost Continent, or people will get lost!

I would absolutely want the ride to be based of the classic book and cartoon movie, rather than the Jim Carrey movie.

I mean, just watching the original below brings so much sentimentality to my heart!

[video=dailymotion;xmq9i7]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmq9i7_how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-1966_shortfilms[/video]

I would absolutely want the ride to be based of the classic book and cartoon movie, rather than the Jim Carrey movie.

I mean, just watching the original below brings so much sentimentality to my heart!
[video=dailymotion;xmq9i7]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xmq9i7_how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-1966_shortfilms[/video]

Couldn't agree more!

Glad to see someone with a brain has fully realized Mt Crumpit would go next to the Cat and not clear over by Posiedons Fury. Everyone knows creative is awaiting the success of the Van Helsing reboot to repurpose the Lost Continent into Transylvania.

Glad to see someone with a brain has fully realized Mt Crumpit would go next to the Cat and not clear over by Posiedons Fury. Everyone knows creative is awaiting the success of the Van Helsing reboot to repurpose the Lost Continent into Transylvania.

I wouldn't mind that :look: I would love to see a 'darker' island in IOA

That would be bad ass, let's hope the Van Helsing reboot is good then lol

The concept interests me. Seuss getting a family coaster would be cool. As long as it's not a capacity nightmare like a certain other Seuss ride.......

I never knew the motocross show was a cartoon.

1. Motocross isn't Seuss.
2. Motocross was a temporary fix to fight crowds.
3. What happens to Grinchmas when the time comes when they want to get rid of Theater, or put it to good use?

They have plenty of space behind Seuss for a possible Mt. Crumpit.

Easy, move it back to the Soundstage. But as a temporary thing with a ton of capacity, probably more than the Soundstage, it could be workable. And let's not forget, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" was also a cartoon too, so it wouldn't be completely out of place, although I acknowledge it would be somewhat of a stretch. Not saying this is what they should do, so to speak, just throwing it out for discussion's sake.

3. What happens to Grinchmas when the time comes when they want to get rid of Theater, or put it to good use?

They have plenty of space behind Seuss for a possible Mt. Crumpit.[/QUOTE]

Easy, move it back to the Soundstage. But as a temporary thing with a ton of capacity, probably more than the Soundstage, it could be workable. And let's not forget, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" was also a cartoon too, so it wouldn't be completely out of place, although I acknowledge it would be somewhat of a stretch. Not saying this is what they should do, so to speak, just throwing it out for discussion's sake.

They have plenty of space behind Seuss for a possible Mt. Crumpit.
[/QUOTE]

Then why move it to begin with?