Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok sorry no pics but its a mid size truck based crane. It's very hard to tell what they were doing because the closest I could get was the service road behind Circus McGurcus. I should have a better idea tomorrow afternoon but I'm not getting my hopes up :lol:

Oh and the crane was working between Circus and One Fish Two Fish. :thumbs:

Ok sorry no pics but its a mid size truck based crane. It's very hard to tell what they were doing because the closest I could get was the service road behind Circus McGurcus. I should have a better idea tomorrow afternoon but I'm not getting my hopes up :lol:

My mind has been officially blown.

could this simply be maintenance on One fish?

What if they set the storyline of a crumpit ride to what the grinch does between christmas? and then they can still do their grinchmas stuff during christmas? Cuz i mean the movie ended with peace bw the grinch and the who's so what if they ran off of that and had some crazy adventure with the who's and the grinch? I think thatd be really cool!

What if they set the storyline of a crumpit ride to what the grinch does between christmas? and then they can still do their grinchmas stuff during christmas? Cuz i mean the movie ended with peace bw the grinch and the who's so what if they ran off of that and had some crazy adventure with the who's and the grinch? I think thatd be really cool!
Certainly could have a post-movie story line like Despicable Me that works no matter how many squeals come out.

I wonder since there is a stage in the area that this new attraction will one day be built on, would it be a good idea if they made a new stage for Grinchmas that is somewhat connected to Mt. Crumpit if they make it?

Grinch show is in a sound-stage, so they would rig that differently than with a crane...

I didn't see it in the soundstage last year (the only year they moved it into a soundstage so far) so I've only seen the outdoor stage setup.

How was the soundstage set-up? Did it allow for a lot more seating/viewing? The standing room only unless you were one of a lucky few was pretty lame after a while.

I didn't see it in the soundstage last year (the only year they moved it into a soundstage so far) so I've only seen the outdoor stage setup.

How was the soundstage set-up? Did it allow for a lot more seating/viewing? The standing room only unless you were one of a lucky few was pretty lame after a while.
Much more spacey and controlled..the show is much better inside the stage..

No crane, no visible work, no markers....

But their are dozens of containers of something in the field behind Hard Rock... I couldn't tell if it was wall siding for Transformers or what but whatever it is, there is a lot of it.

No crane, no visible work, no markers....

But their are dozens of containers of something in the field behind Hard Rock... I couldn't tell if it was wall siding for Transformers or what but whatever it is, there is a lot of it.

Nothing has started without at least a Notice of Commencement. I suspect we'll get one before anything gets started.

I posted this in the Transformers thread and I want to clarify the crane was not close enough to unload these. The cranewas used for something in Suess, and the large shipping containers full of panels behind hard rock are for Transformers. Just wanted to clarify.

I'm assuming their the sound proof panels, but the panels that wrap the entire Transformers building have been delivered. Their sitting behind Hard Rock Cafe now.

I posted this in the Transformers thread and I want to clarify the crane was not close enough to unload these. The cranewas used for something in Suess, and the large shipping containers full of panels behind hard rock are for Transformers. Just wanted to clarify.

I'm assuming their the sound proof panels, but the panels that wrap the entire Transformers building have been delivered. Their sitting behind Hard Rock Cafe now.

As much as I would love to think that they are preparing to construct something back here, I'm nearly positive this is merely temporary storage for their many other projects. If/when they get around to expanding Suess, I suspect we will be getting some decent hints from Creative. Suess is in desperate need of an E-ticket attraction that appeals to all ages, whether it be a "first coaster" experience or significantly thrilling dark ride.

By the way, I'm glad to be back! It's been too long, OU.....

I don't think they would put a "thrilling dark ride" in an area that celebrates childrens books. Last thing the Seuss camp wants is children to be "afraid" of their characters.

I don't think they would put a "thrilling dark ride" in an area that celebrates childrens books. Last thing the Seuss camp wants is children to be "afraid" of their characters.

Well, by "thrilling" I mean potentially able to excite more than just little kids. When Cat in the Hat opened up, lots of parents loved that ride and it was plenty thrilling (before they calmed down on the spinning, bleh). My suggestion would be something a bit similar in scope and possibly related to Grinch, so that the scarier elements would tie-in thematically and not seem forced or out of place.