Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Honestly this whole Grinch is special so no grinch ride is kind of invalid. If anything having Crumpit would make it more special. THey can still have the celebration but just center it around around Crumpit and maybe the Grinch ride storyline takes place between christmas'

TylerDurden in response to ur comment...

JUst because its the Grinch doesn't mean it has to be about Christmas.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be strange to have a Christmas-themed attraction all-year round? If they added a Mt Crumpit coaster it would kind of take away from the uniqueness of the Grinchmas event, don't you think?

Yes, I think you are :lol: Seriously though what about a seasonal layover that changes the feel of the exterior and some of the storyline during Grinchmas? Something like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland does with the Nightmare Before Christmas.

TylerDurden in response to ur comment...

JUst because its the Grinch doesn't mean it has to be about Christmas.

I mean, the Grinch is associated with Christmas. Rudolph lives a happy life in the summer too but it's not like that's what people would associate him with. I just think from Universal's standpoint they see the draw to the Grinchmas event is the fact that it's seasonal, and that uniqueness diminishes with the introduction of the character year-round.

There is nothing particularly Christmas-y about the Macy's parade and theoretically they could have that every year also, but they know the reason it makes money is because it's an event, not a year-round ho hum thing.

I mean, the Grinch is associated with Christmas. Rudolph lives a happy life in the summer too but it's not like that's what people would associate him with. I just think from Universal's standpoint they see the draw to the Grinchmas event is the fact that it's seasonal, and that uniqueness diminishes with the introduction of the character year-round.

There is nothing particularly Christmas-y about the Macy's parade and theoretically they could have that every year also, but they know the reason it makes money is because it's an event, not a year-round ho hum thing.

As long as we can agree the mountain was there even when it is not Christmas time. The Grinch is a grumpy old... well green hairy thing. He lived his miserable life all by himself in the mountain. Till one year he was fed up seeing others have a joyous season, and decided to foil the fun for all. Long story short he learns he does not need to be miserable, he can join in the festivities.

So during the year the ride can be about before the story, then Christmas time celebration is about after the story.

The real Macy's parade marks the start of the holiday shopping season. Kind of a hey you need to buy stuff, soooooooooooo..... go to Macy's!

Who's to say they can't diversify a little bit? They can still have Grinchmas and have it centered around Christmas and the Grinch and like others have suggested during the normal seasons they can have the ride be about the backstory of the Grinch and the things we don't see. Maybe like the Grinch invites us into his lair but a pair of who's break in and we have to help the grinch stop them? Idk or like HTF said we could have a HM style and have it to where we're touring the lair

I don't know guys maybe they could make the Grinch work year-round but it would seem foolish of Universal to have a property associated solely with Christmas time themed to something other than what it's known for.

I guess we'll see soon enough!

IMO Lorax just won't happen. As USO92 stated, not much staying power. The only thing the Lorex has in favor is what he represents, and Uni is going green you know..

Love the idea of a frog hopper ride (not 2 though) on the lagoon! Maybe it could be themed to Yertle the Turtle? and have an AA turtle on top :)

See I would like two frog hoppers because it would be the kids version of Doom. Little kids get really bummed out when they can't do the bigger things in Seuss, it would be great if there was a version just for them (Hence the idea for a green coaster that goes over the water, be it grinch or green eggs and ham themed.)

Frog hoppers? Really? Every park has frog hoppers.

IMO Lorax just won't happen. As USO92 stated, not much staying power. The only thing the Lorex has in favor is what he represents, and Uni is going green you know..

Okay...and I don't mean this in an antagonistic manner, but how the hell does a book that most people know that came out 40+ years ago not have staying power?:lol:

I mean, I get that Grinch is clearly more popular, but Lorax has been around longer than most of us.

Ill do a test today at work. Im going to ask 5 kids who the Lorax is, and then Ill ask them who the grinch is. Well see who is the more recognizable character thus more staying power.

Frog hoppers? Really? Every park has frog hoppers.

Okay...and I don't mean this in an antagonistic manner, but how the hell does a book that most people know that came out 40+ years ago not have staying power?:
lol:

I mean, I get that Grinch is clearly more popular, but Lorax has been around longer than most of us.

Funny thing is I had no clue that this was true :lol: Granted I never have been the biggest Suess fan, I did read the books and up until the movie I never knew who the Lorax was. :shrug:

Ok as a kid I had Suess characters and the books. My favorite was the cat and as I grew up became the Grinch who is my favorite followed by Horton, Max, and the cat. If you were to ask me who the Lorax was 3-4 years ago I wouldn't of been able to tell you :lol:

Ok as a kid I had Suess characters and the books. My favorite was the cat and as I grew up became the Grinch who is my favorite followed by Horton, Max, and the cat. If you were to ask me who the Lorax was 3-4 years ago I wouldn't of been able to tell you :lol:
^THIS! Besides the big two(Cat and Grinch), I'd say Horton, The Sneetches, Green Eggs & Ham, even One Fish, Two Fish has more popularity/staying power than The Lorax. I favor a Grinch or Horton ride, as long as there is no height requirement. As much praise as everyone gives Universal on these boards, there's no denying they fail miserably at attracting families with younger children. And that is another reason why Disney continues to flourish. They market to the members of the familes with the biggest say, the kids.

^ This

^THIS! Besides the big two(Cat and Grinch), I'd say Horton, The Sneetches, Green Eggs & Ham, even One Fish, Two Fish has more popularity/staying power than The Lorax. I favor a Grinch or Horton ride, as long as there is no height requirement. As much praise as everyone gives Universal on these boards, there's no denying they fail miserably at attracting families with younger children. And that is another reason why Disney continues to flourish. They market to the members of the familes with the biggest say, the kids.

^ and This

I also grew up with Dr. Suess. Had most off the books and some plush. When I was very young my mother read the books to me at bedtime. Like HTF, until a few years ago I could not tell you who the Lorax was. I still have a few of the books from my childhood and just looked. Guess what, no Lorax. It may have been misplaced over the years but I just don't remember him.

Okay...and I don't mean this in an antagonistic manner, but how the hell does a book that most people know that came out 40+ years ago not have staying power?:lol:

No worries :thumbs:

Lorax, Grinch and Horton would all make for great additions to Seuss.. but idk if all of them can fit. Taking some of Poseidon's plot would be the only way.. and no major theme park in Orlando has a real frog hopper so I wouldn't mind one as a mini Doom counterpart along Sneetch Beach, provided it has a max height limit of 32" (preferably none)