1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Jmaff, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Accio Butterbeer

Accio Butterbeer Veteran Member

Probably Lorax but I would prefer Mt. Crumpit no doubt.

2. Andrew.Co

Andrew.Co Premium Member

I would prefer it too, I think they would be able to do more with Mt Crumpit however I wonder if it would take the excitement away from Grinchmas.

3. Norman Bates

Norman Bates Rookie

I don't see why it would.

4. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

Because it would be the same story, one in show format and the other in ride format.

5. Andrew.Co

Andrew.Co Premium Member

I also think they will do Lorax because its more of a newer film than The Grinch. And because a lot of the riders at Suess Landings is children and they may have been more likely to have watched lorax rather than The Grinch.

6. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

I think the Grinch is more recognizable and a classic, but the Lorax goes well with Universal's green initiative and is popular with the recent film, so it's a toss up. :shrug:

7. Accio Butterbeer

Accio Butterbeer Veteran Member

give us both! lol If they did The Lorax I would like to see something similar to the Winnie the Pooh Honey Hunt.

8. canobie#1

canobie#1 Rookie

It would be cool if they made a forest of trees like the whinnie the pooh. Maybe a flat ride in the area to.

9. Cwoolboy

Cwoolboy Veteran Member

I love those Truffula Trees!!!! We already have some in the tiny Lorax area, but I would gladly welcome a Lorax ride if done right.

10. Nitro_230

Nitro_230 Member

True that Lorax is popular with kids today, but not insanely popular. The movie didn't do amazing, and the further we get from it the less kids will know what it is. If they were to go Lorax I would hope it would be very heavily book driven not movie driven.

11. Andy

Andy aka Hatetofly V.I.P.

Lorax has been scrapped from my understanding. Any movement in Suess going forward depends on Illumination's take on the Grinch

12. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

The Lorax was pretty big in the states. 200+ million is nothing to scoff at for a Dr. Seuss movie.

I'd prefer Lorax, but if they're making a Grinch ride I hope it's a dark ride with no height requirement.

13. ReelJustice

ReelJustice Premium Member

Which is smart because the Grinch is definitely Seuss' most iconic character other than Cat in the Hat.

14. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

This is totally off topic, but while I agree with you, and i'm not pointing out you in particular skip, but when people start talking if a movie is a success or not based on box office numbers, I just laugh. You say it's nothing to scoff at, and it certainly isn't. At the same time, you'll get a group of people who'll call Tron: Legacy a bust in the states, even though it made the same amount of money. Movies can't be judged solely on box office success.

15. JungleSkip

Well, TRON: Legacy also cost significantly more than Lorax to make. So it's not necessarily a 1:1 comparison.

16. Nick

It made enough over seas to be profitable. The Daft Punk soundtrack continues to get used to this day during various TV events, etc. It's image also inspired part of the Black Eyed Peas Half-time show at the Super Bowl.

17. natespf

natespf --Classified-- Premium Member

But, that is how the production companies judge if a movie is a success. If you take the box-office numbers, and take out what it cost to make... Obviously they want a higher % ROI on the bigger budget films, as it is a much bigger risk (risk vs reward).

Previously they even though the after theater sales were insignificant (DVD, etc). That mentality has been changing with the growing sales, but they still don't want to wait 5-10 years to make any money. They want the movies to come out and make money right away, and then continue to make money as a bonus.

18. JungleSkip

I'm not sure what your point is.:lol: The soundtrack and aesthetics were the best part of the movie. But it wasn't a film that audiences really latched onto outside of that.

Also, it only made 172 million in the US.

19. Nick

tbh, i'm not sure what my point is either. :blank:

Back to topic. :lol:

20. Nitro_230

Nitro_230 Member

I'm with you that it made it's money back, and good money. But it wasn't an amazing open, and the further we get from the movie the less it makes sense to move in that direction based on the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I think they can create a book based attraction that will be timeless.