Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Because it would be the same story, one in show format and the other in ride format.

I also think they will do Lorax because its more of a newer film than The Grinch. And because a lot of the riders at Suess Landings is children and they may have been more likely to have watched lorax rather than The Grinch.

I also think they will do Lorax because its more of a newer film than The Grinch. And because a lot of the riders at Suess Landings is children and they may have been more likely to have watched lorax rather than The Grinch.

I think the Grinch is more recognizable and a classic, but the Lorax goes well with Universal's green initiative and is popular with the recent film, so it's a toss up. :shrug:

True that Lorax is popular with kids today, but not insanely popular. The movie didn't do amazing, and the further we get from it the less kids will know what it is. If they were to go Lorax I would hope it would be very heavily book driven not movie driven.

Lorax has been scrapped from my understanding. Any movement in Suess going forward depends on Illumination's take on the Grinch

True that Lorax is popular with kids today, but not insanely popular. The movie didn't do amazing, and the further we get from it the less kids will know what it is. If they were to go Lorax I would hope it would be very heavily book driven not movie driven.

The Lorax was pretty big in the states. 200+ million is nothing to scoff at for a Dr. Seuss movie.

Lorax has been scrapped from my understanding. Any movement in Suess going forward depends on Illumination's take on the Grinch

I'd prefer Lorax, but if they're making a Grinch ride I hope it's a dark ride with no height requirement.

The Lorax was pretty big in the states. 200+ million is nothing to scoff at for a Dr. Seuss movie.
This is totally off topic, but while I agree with you, and i'm not pointing out you in particular skip, but when people start talking if a movie is a success or not based on box office numbers, I just laugh. You say it's nothing to scoff at, and it certainly isn't. At the same time, you'll get a group of people who'll call Tron: Legacy a bust in the states, even though it made the same amount of money. Movies can't be judged solely on box office success.

This is totally off topic, but while I agree with you, and i'm not pointing out you in particular skip, but when people start talking if a movie is a success or not based on box office numbers, I just laugh. You say it's nothing to scoff at, and it certainly isn't. At the same time, you'll get a group of people who'll call Tron: Legacy a bust in the states, even though it made the same amount of money. Movies can't be judged solely on box office success.

Well, TRON: Legacy also cost significantly more than Lorax to make. So it's not necessarily a 1:1 comparison.

Well, TRON: Legacy also cost significantly more than Lorax to make. So it's not necessarily a 1:1 comparison.
It made enough over seas to be profitable. The Daft Punk soundtrack continues to get used to this day during various TV events, etc. It's image also inspired part of the Black Eyed Peas Half-time show at the Super Bowl.

But, that is how the production companies judge if a movie is a success. If you take the box-office numbers, and take out what it cost to make... Obviously they want a higher % ROI on the bigger budget films, as it is a much bigger risk (risk vs reward).

Previously they even though the after theater sales were insignificant (DVD, etc). That mentality has been changing with the growing sales, but they still don't want to wait 5-10 years to make any money. They want the movies to come out and make money right away, and then continue to make money as a bonus.

It made enough over seas to be profitable. The Daft Punk soundtrack continues to get used to this day during various TV events, etc. It's image also inspired part of the Black Eyed Peas Half-time show at the Super Bowl.

I'm not sure what your point is.:lol: The soundtrack and aesthetics were the best part of the movie. But it wasn't a film that audiences really latched onto outside of that.

Also, it only made 172 million in the US.

I'm not sure what your point is.:lol: The soundtrack and aesthetics were the best part of the movie. But it wasn't a film that audiences really latched onto outside of that.

Also, it only made 172 million in the US.
tbh, i'm not sure what my point is either. :blank:

Back to topic. :lol:

I'm with you that it made it's money back, and good money. But it wasn't an amazing open, and the further we get from the movie the less it makes sense to move in that direction based on the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I think they can create a book based attraction that will be timeless.