Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mount Crumpit in Seuss Landing?

Sep 4, 2009
New York
If there is enough space, I think it'd be a good idea to permanently set the Grinch in the park.

They can construct Mt Crumpit from the movie and house a dark ride through the Grinch's lair.

Anyone else like this idea?

If there is enough space, I think it'd be a good idea to permanently set the Grinch in the park.

They can construct Mt Crumpit from the movie and house a dark ride through the Grinch's lair.

Anyone else like this idea?

Great idea! I just don't know if they have the space for it.

GetMap.ashx

RIGHT HERE!

That's EXACTLY where I was going to say. :D
It would be a great ride, but the whole Christmas theme is a bit of a problem with some people if it's not actually Christmas. Well, what the hey, they'll go on it anyway, lol.

There's no doubt that they will use that area for future expansion, but Mt. Crumpit/Grinch dark ride would be too big to go back there.

One Fish, Two Fish is too much of a popular ride for them to ditch.

Nono, not ditch. It could most definitely work out. The queue could be very small, but the mountain in the background tells everyone where to go. If you expand the land between 1f2frfbf and TCTH, a path could be made with Christmas decorations and buildings from the town covered in snow. The mountain would just be a very large all-around facade and the ride building could be very large. Yes, extra theming in CityWalk would be necessary. A few drops in the ride, and it could become a major attraction with TCTH. :]

This would be a good idea because Seuss Landing is considered an all kids island.

With this in the picture...it could appeal to older audiences(might be scary for kids lol) and it could still have that magical Seuss feeling.

If you've ever seen the movie with Jim Carrey, the Grinch's home is pretty sophisticated in a fun way. A lot is going on and it's huge. There could be a part simulating you going down the mountain into Whoville(which could be a real set...no projections).

For anyone who don't know what it looks like:
grinch16.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't they have a Mount Crumpit for the first year of Grinchmas? I remember going there, it was just a slide, though. They also had the Grinch's Lair.

When was the first year? I went in 2003.

I remember taking a photo in the Grinch's Lair which is currently the area by that new ride that goes across Seuss Landing.

I've thought about Seuss Landing featuring a Grinch ride before, and that space behind One Fish, Two Fish would be perfect for it (and to all of you saying OFTF is a major attraction, it's a flat-ride- you can move it over twenty-feet :p). Although perhaps a tad too intense for the children the Seuss rides should be geared towards, maybe they could make a bobsled-attraction through the mountain? You know, like you're a Who on the Grinch's mountain, sledding down and through it to escape him?

They should really consider doing something Grinch related someday for SL.

A dark ride, a walkthrough, it doesn't matter, as long as Mt Crumpit is there.

I'd prefer just another wacky flat ride, to be honest.

Actually, I wish they'd put an oddly shaped Ferris Wheel where "If I ran the zoo" is currently located, and then include a larger, better playground where that extra land is.

I'm sure universal could engineer a wacky, triple ferris wheel (without using straight lines, of course) that would somehow manage to be structurally sound.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Actually, some peoples have actually come up with a ferris wheel that moves on some form of a track, rather than using a giant wheel. It could therefore, be a very odd shape, staying true to Dr. Suess

Last edited:
I'd prefer just another wacky flat ride, to be honest.

Actually, I wish they'd put an oddly shaped Ferris Wheel where "If I ran the zoo" is currently located, and then include a larger, better playground where that extra land is.

I'm sure universal could engineer a wacky, triple ferris wheel (without using straight lines, of course) that would somehow manage to be structurally sound.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Actually, some peoples have actually come up with a ferris wheel that moves on some form of a track, rather than using a giant wheel. It could therefore, be a very odd shape, staying true to Dr. Suess

Nah, Caro-Seuss-El is enough carnival rides for IOA, thank you. :lol:

A wonderfully themed and completely unique carnival ride!

Actually, carousels don't typically come to mind when I think of carnivals; parking lots and rides that don't look structurally sound come to mind.

A wonderfully themed and completely unique carnival ride!

Actually, carousels don't typically come to mind when I think of carnivals; parking lots and rides that don't look structurally sound come to mind.

A ferris wheel is one of those carnival rides. And usually fairs/carnivals have carousels, so yeah. But, I love my Caro! :D