MSHI Expansion? | Page 124 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's some great Iron Man cosplay been done.

giphy.gif

The parade they have now is almost embarrassing.

I don't really like this attitude. Upgrading should have minimal cost and Universal have done a great job of appealing to the Instagram crowd and having these characters in the park, should continue that trend.
I mean, you aren’t wrong, but it’s how Universal manages their parks. It’s been said they run them like a regional park and it’s very true. They focus on one thing and ignore everything else.

They take one look at the Gsat’s for MSHI and that’s the end of the conversation because they see people like it. They don’t think about how it could be even more awesome.

Reactions: Clive
@GAcoaster

Probably better continuing this in the correct thread.

Iron Man has had that many different versions that I don't think anybody would really be able to tell the difference.

MAR190826_1024x1024.jpg

spiderman-facts.jpg

61Tci7F9AcL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'd like to think with the budget that Universal has, they will be far beyond what Six Flags does.
Exactly. Unless for some reason Universal opted to use their costume designs from the 60s or 90s, nobody would notice or even care.

Six Flags actually did a pretty good job with the DC characters. Warner Brothers is very protective of the brand.

They’ve shown that with Harry Potter. They’re no doubt a great partner to have.

@Nick

To continue the conversation here:

I totally understand that mentally. Basically don’t rock the boat.

I have no doubt that there’s a costume designer banging their head against the wall with what could be possible.

With their previous interest in the Iron Man ride, they obviously have interest.

I mean, you aren’t wrong, but it’s how Universal manages their parks. It’s been said they run them like a regional park and it’s very true. They focus on one thing and ignore everything else.

They take one look at the Gsat’s for MSHI and that’s the end of the conversation because they see people like it. They don’t think about how it could be even more awesome.

True but they also don’t pull the same tinkering BS WDI does: see HM and POTC over updates to CoP or anything else.

Reactions: Nick
True but they also don’t pull the same tinkering BS WDI does: see HM and POTC over updates to CoP or anything else.
Ehh, I’m torn there. The PotC updates have been terrible, HM updates mostly really good. The real problem isn’t that they made those updates. Updating is fine. It’s more that they have chosen to ignore certain attractions that could use updating.

Reactions: faceleg
Um idk where to put this but idk if this is true in the slightest

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190704-110513_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190704-110513_Facebook.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 104
It was a rumor posted on WDWNT from a rando who started with "A CM told me", I'd have better odds winning the lotto than it being true.
Idk man, we’re not talking Universal getting rid of the whole Marvel rights. Just Disney being able to do Wakanda and Universal gets Alien.

Not saying it’s gonna happen, but if I’m Universal, I at least have to think about it.

Reactions: Joel
I don't think such a swap is truly going to happen...

... but I would be amused if the whole thing eventually resulted in Universal "borrowing" Disney's old Nostromo ride concept and souping it up as a 21st century thrill/dark ride.

Imagine a finale scene with a full-size Queen Alien animatronic...

Reactions: danielmann910
I think Uni should lead with, OK you can have Marvel rights, but we get to show you how you should have done Star Wars.

Reactions: Joel
Alien rights don't equal Marvel. They would have to give up something else very valuable for that trade.

Could not agree more! I mean really man, the film rights of a old, failing, Jimmy Cameron franchise for the hottest property in the modern era? Don't buy it for a second.

Theres little doubt that Disney and Universal have negotiated things revolving Marvel, thats likely how WDW is getting the GotG coaster, and has that GotG show, and the Marvel m&gs it has.

But Universal isn't dumb. They know Marvel is much more valuable than the Aliens franchise. If theres any truth to this rumor, Uni should also have them include letting them add a new Marvel attraction to IOA (assuming they can't already do that).

Disney and Comcast do so much work together behind the scenes all the time, I'd imagine anything is possible and someday they will end up making a trade either for all the the Marvel rights or portions of them. We're talking about two multi-billion dollar corporations who have competing interests but still have many overlapping interests.

Just remember the story of Oswald being traded for a sportscaster. Someone, somewhere will work out a deal someday to have Marvel in the Disney parks east of the Mississippi and Comcast will get something in return (ESPN or some other cable outlet I'd guess).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush