MSHI Expansion? | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alien rights don't equal Marvel. They would have to give up something else very valuable for that trade.
No one is saying Alien for Marvel rights. The theoretical is "Alien for Black Panther". If i'm Comcast, I force Disney's hand and say if you really want this you'll also give us x, y and z AND you have to agree to make an Incredible Hulk MCU film.

Obviously it wouldn't be a straight up trade if it were to even happen. But like I said, Black Panther is only a small, small portion of the Marvel contract and think of the return they could get just for him. Comcast would be crazy not to at least think of scenarios and ways to swindle Mickey is all i'm saying.

Reactions: Joel
I don't want the MCU in MSHI. I just want the comic book vibe of the area to stay and be updated and refreshed. cosplayers shouldn't have million times better costumes than MnG characters at a world class theme park.

Reactions: shiekra38
I don't want the MCU in MSHI. I just want the comic book vibe of the area to stay and be updated and refreshed. cosplayers shouldn't have million times better costumes than MnG characters at a world class theme park.
Yeah, the MCU would ruin the unique feeling of the land

Please hear me when I say that I would love for them to continue upgrading the land and add an Avengers ride

But keep it in the comics

Yup. Keeps the cost down and creates a timeless feel. Win win.
Just an example of how, say an MCU Iron Man ride would cost way more than a comic Iron Man ride, is to look no further than Far From Home. FFH was actually made on a cheaper budget than Homecoming by $15M or so. Homecoming cost ~$175M and FFH cost ~$160M. Why was FFH so much cheaper? The absence of Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr.

Just an example of how, say an MCU Iron Man ride would cost way more than a comic Iron Man ride, is to look no further than Far From Home. FFH was actually made on a cheaper budget than Homecoming by at $15M or so. Homecoming cost ~$175M and FFH cost ~$160M. Why was FFH so much cheaper? The absence of Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr.

That's an excellent point.

I get the feeling that a plan was made for MSHI starting with the Spider-Man redo to establish the new look and feel and then extended with the Hulk redo and then taken to the next level with the Iron Man ride but that's obviously fell through.

I'm assuming that JP to JW is the new priority but I think that could be a good sign of things to come for IOA.

Reactions: shiekra38
Between JP/JW currently, Seuss needing an expansion and Lost Continent just sort of sitting there waiting to be replaced, there's no reason to touch it. I'd love another Marvel ride, but only once they fix up the rest of the park first.
Arguably, next to Hogsmede, MSHI is the most whole land...Two E-tickets, two D-Tickets, two restaurants, and several food locations

Compared to Lost Continent's walk through and very nice restaurant

Reactions: truejonas