MSHI Expansion? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another thing to consider is yes while marvel is owned by the Disney company, it is not owned by disneyparks. So the company is still very much acting in an independent way just under the Disney umbrella. Take for example the movies.... Marvel is linked to x men and spiderman but those are not Disney films they are fox and don't respectively. They do not refuse to allow those films to happen, so I would assume an expansion would work in the same way so long as the characters used in the expansion fall under the terms of their agreement. Keep in mind captain America and thor appear in the island but not in attraction form so I would assume since they do appear, a ride based off their character would be plausible.

Reactions: ReelJustice
Can Universal use Robert Downey Jr's voice?

People have said here that Universal can only use the comic version. Hatetofly responded with "were sure of that?" in the King Kong thread. Either that was a cryptic response or he didn't hear of that either. Maybe he can come in here and shed some light on if he's heard any info!

People have said here that Universal can only use the comic version. Hatetofly responded with "were sure of that?" in the King Kong thread. Either that was a cryptic response or he didn't hear of that either. Maybe he can come in here and shed some light on if he's heard any info!

Pretty sure he just didn't know. But the contract wouldn't allow it. That's a fact.

Pretty sure he just didn't know. But the contract wouldn't allow it. That's a fact.

Well, here's the thing. The contract would forbid using the Marvel Cinematic Universe aesthetic for the ride. Whether or not the movie Avengers would be able to voice the Avengers in the ride would be another story

Well, here's the thing. The contract would forbid using the Marvel Cinematic Universe aesthetic for the ride. Whether or not the movie Avengers would be able to voice the Avengers in the ride would be another story

Given the Harry Potter voice recast, I have to imagine that they would try to find actors that sound like the movie versions instead of paying the actual actors.

this may have been asked, but once the movies come out the comics often emulate the movie aesthetics, in those cases is it fair game?

It would guarantee a law suit. His likeness is tied to the MCU character, and clearly that's what they would be trying to represent. Whether Universal or Disney world win wouldn't matter. It would be a waste of time and money for both.

Definitely not mere speculation. Whether it happens or not, I dunno. I have people telling me it is, but I'm still on the fence.

Cool, thanks! And if it does not happen, I hope that they'll at least use the launched flyer for something else. I hope it will combine indoor and outdoor though, begin indoor through a smoky tunnel and then launched inside a pretzel loop that takes you outside and then dives inside again.

They can't use the name "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy" here in Florida, but they can in California.

I noticed it does not say Marvel in the article, just “Guardians of the Galaxy”. Though it is usually "Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy".