MSHI Expansion? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can I just get the fog and lasers in the launch tube that I was promised in 1998?

No telling what they could do with LED screen technology now..perhaps a virtual gamma tube

Now that they are ripping out 1998 technology and replacing it with 2015 tech, anything is possible I assume.

I also assume this is the result of some frustrations high up in Universal and Comcast wanting to make changes only to be confronted with the old tech limits.

Mel Brooks might have written the now famous line as "It's good to be Comcast".

Now that they are ripping out 1998 technology and replacing it with 2015 tech, anything is possible I assume.

I also assume this is the result of some frustrations high up in Universal and Comcast wanting to make changes only to be confronted with the old tech limits.

Mel Brooks might have written the now famous line as "It's good to be Comcast".
Or, it's good to be the King(Comcast)...(Human Chess match) Jump the Queen(Disney).

Glad to see the land will be getting some love. Can we expect a new attraction/expansion or is an existing attraction getting a makeover?

Would be cool if they could change the midcourse brake run, I always find that it brakes too much, especially on the first couple of rows I find it really 'breaks' the pacing.

To me it just feels, when sitting on one of the first rows, as if the coaster slips, usually I take the last row tough where it is not noticeable. It just feels very unnatural, but anyway, I don't think it can be changed anyway since otherwise the coaster would come in with too much speed and the final brake run would be too harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

Teebin, when you mention overhaul for the Hulk, will there be visible changes or is it just infrastructure?

Wasn't it originally supposed to glow? Would love to see the tracks really glow at night or even adding lights to the track would be pretty cool to see at night.

The ride could use some TLC in the way of smoothing up some of the roughness, some new OTSR would help with the head banging

To me it just feels, when sitting on one of the first rows, as if the coaster slips, usually I take the last row tough where it is not noticeable. It just feels very unnatural, but anyway, I don't think it can be changed anyway since otherwise the coaster would come in with too much speed and the final brake run would be too harsh.

- - - Updated - - -

Teebin, when you mention overhaul for the Hulk, will there be visible changes or is it just infrastructure?

Hmm...perhaps a new magnetic break run could be installed..they are much less noticable than the pinch breaks...that psh sound really makes it sound as if you are slowing dramatically..

I wouldn't mind seeing some effects either...set pieces..fire, etc.

Hmm...perhaps a new magnetic break run could be installed..they are much less noticable than the pinch breaks...that psh sound really makes it sound as if you are slowing dramatically..

I wouldn't mind seeing some effects either...set pieces..fire, etc.

This little tidbit from the Unused Concept art thread got me to thinking about what I would like to see added to The Incredible Hulk: "SILVER SURFER COASTER, with some of its main features being a CHROME TRACK and PROJECTION DOME FINALE featuring a climactic showdown with Galactus!"

A boy can dream, right?

Wasn't it originally supposed to glow?

Yes! Early press materials said the track would glow a neon green at night.

- - - Updated - - -

I just hope they add the fog and the strobe lights to the storm spinner like it was supposed to have rather than being so bare bones

Speaking of strobes, are the strobe lights on the bottom of the HULK trains still working, or have those gone by the wayside too?

Also, HULK FUN FACT... In the launch tube, after the whole "I think.. I think it's going to work this time / Coolant levels dropping!"... after you launch out, the computerized voice says "ACCELERATOR TUBE CONTAMINATED"... unfortunately, nobody is around to hear it because it's too late. Fun little detail though!

I'd like to see a more immersive queue as part of the refurbishment. Lot's of really cool stuff could be done with a little capital spending. And, it would be cool if they enclosed a larger section of track with a battle scene ensuing inside.

They can't put a magnetic brake run there because that is a block brake. Unless they have both and the clamps only engage for blocking purposes. But at that point why put in both.

I'd like to see a more immersive queue as part of the refurbishment. Lot's of really cool stuff could be done with a little capital spending. And, it would be cool if they enclosed a larger section of track with a battle scene ensuing inside.

Remember, to my knowledge, there will be no visual "refurbishment" at all. This will be buttons, and wires, and wireless, and circuit boards, and computers, control consoles etc etc etc.

Actually, most buttons may be going... giving way to touch screens.

Remember, to my knowledge, there will be no visual "refurbishment" at all. This will be buttons, and wires, and wireless, and circuit boards, and computers, control consoles etc etc etc.

Actually, most buttons may be going... giving way to touch screens.

You just took all of the fun away from the refurbishment. So, we're just getting more immersive wires, buttons and circuit boards. LOL

You just took all of the fun away from the refurbishment. So, we're just getting more immersive wires, buttons and circuit boards. LOL

Well they could do nothing and have you hoping that the last remaining circuit that controls the break run doesn't fizzle out in the middle of your ride.

FYI: I don't believe Hulk has been crush zone tested by Consumer Reports. :wave:

At Best Buy here, their GoPro demo is a first-person ride on Hulk on loop. And it just shows how beautiful Islands of Adventure is and how awesome the coaster is. But the gear for sale for the GoPro looks ridiculous. There's people willing to look like Wayne Szalinski to take a cool shot?