MSHI Expansion? | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was really weird. It was an outbound flight but I couldn't read to where. Someone here could probably figure out a site with logged flights.

Pretty much 10 minutes before boarding started an old guy being pushed in a wheelchair with all of those agents and a group of big guys went straight to the gate. The TSA went through the area checking tickets kicking people out of the area that didn't need to be there. They circled a dog through the area around everyone a few times until everyone boarded.

Anytime you asked TSA what was going on, they didn't know, or it was confidential.

Asking people at Cask and Larder, the restaurant that they closed, they were all like yeah, that's Stan for sure. He's been through here doing this a few times the past couple months

I'm not entirely convinced that has to do with Stan Lee. Saturday was the day of the hurricane in Houston and Orlando is one of the closest major airports to Houston (USA geography is weird). A large part of Houston's traffic was probably being routed to Orlando last minute.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to offer my personal thoughts on MSHI. I personally think that the area is OK as it is, but I would like to see them build something to do with the Avengers, as these characters really seem to be taking centre stage in the MCU at the moment, and Universal would be silly not to capitalise on the MCU’s success (provided that Disney let them do so). My dad said to me last year when we left FL that his only flaw with Universal was that MSHI had the old comic book-style versions of characters instead of the MCU versions because he said that “people will go there expecting Chris Evans and all the new characters, not the old characters”. He did say after that, however, that Universal looked to be heading that way with new Hulk. What do you guys think?

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to offer my personal thoughts on MSHI. I personally think that the area is OK as it is, but I would like to see them build something to do with the Avengers, as these characters really seem to be taking centre stage in the MCU at the moment, and Universal would be silly not to capitalise on the MCU’s success (provided that Disney let them do so). My dad said to me last year when we left FL that his only flaw with Universal was that MSHI had the old comic book-style versions of characters instead of the MCU versions because he said that “people will go there expecting Chris Evans and all the new characters, not the old characters”. He did say after that, however, that Universal looked to be heading that way with new Hulk. What do you guys think?
The past discussions trended towards thinking no MCU at this point in time. There's a lot of discussion on it, but there's a ton of pages to wade through.

Reactions: tankart150
The past discussions trended towards thinking no MCU at this point in time. There's a lot of discussion on it, but there's a ton of pages to wade through.

And its a mine field, what with the contract. Try starting here @Matt N

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own | Inside Universal

And reading the thread from the start, lots I know but it will get you up to speed. Saying that though that contract still confuses the heck outta me LOL

Saying that though that contract still confuses the heck outta me LOL

It's a product of its time. The only Marvel characters non-nerds knew were Hulk, Spidey and various top tier X-Men. Disney was far too stuffy to ever dream of touching comic book IPs, so Universal's main worries were a 6 Flags-level park opening in the area or yet another Planet Hollywood rip-off opening on I-Drive. No one in their right mind even dreamed that Iron Man could open a blockbuster movie, let alone Rocket Racoon.

And its a mine field, what with the contract. Try starting here @Matt N

That Darn Marvel Contract – What Rights Does Universal and Disney Own | Inside Universal

And reading the thread from the start, lots I know but it will get you up to speed. Saying that though that contract still confuses the heck outta me LOL
I just read that and it all sounds very complicated! But I suppose it’s gonna be when you have two competing theme park companies in a contract with one another that involves one using the other’s assets!

They could take over the Too Lagoon ampitheatre or Dr Dooms Fearfall/Fantastic 4 Cafe/Arcade/some backstage and have more than enough space.
Fearfall seems like the most obvious thing to take down. Sure the queue is cool, but the ride is incredibly lame. I've been on rides of this kind at Six Flags that are better than it.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Don't know the contract but could Disney use Inhumans? Not that they should, that series is horrible.

The only update I want is better food in the restaurant, that would be a biggie.

Don't know the contract but could Disney use Inhumans? Not that they should, that series is horrible.

The only update I want is better food in the restaurant, that would be a biggie.
I think Disney has worked around it enough that they probably could. In 2013, they introduced a new generation of InHumans, which basically wiped any connections to the Avengers or Fantastic Four away. So the old InHumans? no way. New generation though? Potentially.

Not that it matters though as they aren't big enough that Disney would ever do anything more than name a store after them or something.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Watched about 20 minutes of it when channel hopping last week. That show really sucked. It had the production values of the cheap 1970's action shows.....But then, whenever Marvel used to try Inhuman comic book series', they weren't very successful either.

InHumans seems to be a huge failure on ABC and most of the rumors point to the show not getting renewed.
Not surprised, I didn't even know it was on.

I enjoyed the InHumans story-line on Agents of SHIELD, however. Ended up giving up on that show after Season 3 though... mostly because I hate watching shows on cable though more than anything.

Reactions: Jon84
Fearfall seems like the most obvious thing to take down. Sure the queue is cool, but the ride is incredibly lame. I've been on rides of this kind at Six Flags that are better than it.

Agreed. Logistically, if IL is back on the table with Kuka being involved; I think it would mean that within the next year we would see closures for FF4Cafe, the Arcade, and Doom.

Meanwhile to ask, would they have to re-locate the Hulk lockers during this period? Or would they be fine with that now.

Agreed. Logistically, if IL is back on the table with Kuka being involved; I think it would mean that within the next year we would see closures for FF4Cafe, the Arcade, and Doom.

Meanwhile to ask, would they have to re-locate the Hulk lockers during this period? Or would they be fine with that now.
What kind of ride are we talking about?

What kind of ride are we talking about?

If you saw the permit for Iron Legion, it seemed to be the next evolution of Forbidden Journey; with the attraction simulating an experience being in an Iron Man like suit on an inverted track. From what it seems, it was originally going to be using cables; but if what @Disneyhead points out to be true, Kuka will be lending a hand in the attraction's development.

Reactions: anihilnation
If you saw the permit for Iron Legion, it seemed to be the next evolution of Forbidden Journey; with the attraction simulating an experience being in an Iron Man like suit on an inverted track. From what it seems, it was originally going to be using cables; but if what @Disneyhead points out to be true, Kuka will be lending a hand in the attraction's development.
Sounds cool, though I wish something like that would be used for a Pacific Rim ride. (Of course, what I really want is a Neon Genesis Evangelion ride using a system like that, but well, that'll never happen). It being inverted seems like a good idea as it will be easier to hide the track. I remember Disneyhead once said about a pitch concerning an Iron Man flying coaster, so perhaps they took that idea, then though, kuka and inverted track ...hopefully this will be made.